THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (4-3 THE FINALS Vs SAS) / NEXT: BACK2BACK HEATPEAT!!!!!!!!

lebron can't guard everyone at once, chalmers and wade letting green shoot those open 3's killed the heat. manu finally showed up and played well, i doubt the heat were counting on him playing this well.

missing those open layups by lebron and wade won't happen often but they had to finish them, seemed like they were expecting fouls called by the refs more so then actually trying to finish the layups. miami's big 3 all did pretty well (except for the FG% by wade and lebron) and even ray allen showed up but they still lost, bad sign imo.
Yeah, those 3s by green is definitely killing us. I really like what xtapolapacetl said about putting Ray in the starting line up. It'll give the team a much better threat on the offense compared to Miller. I liked him coming off the bench anyways. I think Haslem should play more too.

Yeah, those 3s by green is definitely killing us. I really like what xtapolapacetl said about putting Ray in the starting line up. It'll give the team a much better threat on the offense compared to Miller. I liked him coming off the bench anyways. I think Haslem should play more too.

I disagree about Haslem. He had two phenomenal games in the Indiana series, but he hasn't done jack **** in the finals. He didn't get the open looks on his mid range jumpers like he did against the Pacers and the few times he did, he bricked them all. But if only those were the biggest problems about him this series. Those have been on the defensive end where he is constantly eaten up. He is too small to guard Duncan and too slow to guard anyone else. The only thing I've seen from him this series is a bunch of uncontested rebounds, most of which another Heat player would've likely grabbed anyway.

Birdman needs to get Haslem's minutes the next game. Hopefully, these two games on the bench have given him some extra motivation, as well as the extra rest to come with some even more energy and hopefully have a game altering impact on game 6.

miller was hot the first two games but since starting he's done nothing, i agree with starting ray allen over him since ray seems to finally be out of his funk. if he starts though i hope he doesn't have to guard manu because i don't think at this age he's capable of stopping manu from driving to the basket whenever he wants. idk about playing haslem more but heat are desperate now and he did come up big in the pacers series; wouldn't hurt to see if he can give this team a boost in game 6.

I disagree about Haslem. He had two phenomenal games in the Indiana series, but he hasn't done jack **** in the finals. He didn't get the open looks on his mid range jumpers like he did against the Pacers and the few times he did, he bricked them all. But if only those were the biggest problems about him this series. Those have been on the defensive end where he is constantly eaten up. He is too small to guard Duncan and too slow to guard anyone else. The only thing I've seen from him this series is a bunch of uncontested rebounds, most of which another Heat player would've likely grabbed anyway.

Birdman needs to get Haslem's minutes the next game. Hopefully, these two games on the bench have given him some extra motivation, as well as the extra rest to come with some even more energy and hopefully have a game altering impact on game 6.
I think Haslem is more of a scrapper than Birdman and he works harder to get the offensive rebound. Duncan is gonna score no matter what when he gets too deep in the paint and I think Haslem has a better chance to defend low post better than Birdman since he's mentally tougher and has that championship experience.

miller was hot the first two games but since starting he's done nothing, i agree with starting ray allen over him since ray seems to finally be out of his funk. if he starts though i hope he doesn't have to guard manu because i don't think at this age he's capable of stopping manu from driving to the basket whenever he wants. idk about playing haslem more but heat are desperate now and he did come up big in the pacers series; wouldn't hurt to see if he can give this team a boost in game 6.
Yeah man! I really liked what ray ray showed in game 5. We almost caught up coz of him. Too bad we fell short, again! Hope ray shows the same intensity in game 6. Disappointed with Chalmers though [emoji]128532[/emoji]

It's tough when you're not out there taking wide open jumpers. 

and ill say it again...i hate spoelstra. Green lit on fire after his first miss. Didnt get guarded at the 3 for the rest of the game. I know its the players on the floor but damn can SOMEBODY remind the heat players that you guard the man on fire? I mean they gave him warm up jumpers from the 3 all day. Spo sat on the bench with the same confused face he always has. smh. Hes the general, sometimes you gotta rally the troops.

However, at least the core of our team is seemingly out of the funk. But now we need our role players. The big 3 are NOT enough against the spurs big 3+deep bench

im not even gonna go into the finals thread.. that thread became complete trash.. hope everyone had a good fathers day, lets get the W tomorrow

I can't believe that the Heat allowed the Spurs 60% from the field in game 5 of the finals. Like they were facing a team of prime Shaq's and even his shooting percentage wasn't that high. :smh:
They used the Heat's own medicine against them. Push the break, attack the defense prior to them setting, and as a result they drew fouls and got a couple of transition 3's.

It also doesn't help when the off-ball movement was not as frequent as it had been in the previous game. I cannot understand why in one game, their will be excellent movement and the next close to none.

What I can somewhat attribute that to is the inconsistency at the 1. Chalmers was over-aggressive when the 1st option was taken away and he completely abandoned the offense on more than a few occasions. The Spurs picked up pressure on the inbound and forced the Heat to use clock (same thing the Heat did vs Indy/Chicago) and weren't able to handle the pressure. [COLOR=#red]They essentially forced the Heat into moving too quick and sloppy on offense.[/COLOR] If you remember, Spo wanted them to be more decisive with the offense, and rightfully so. Bosh needs to get more touches(while being assertive), he looked good in the post and always has.

Defensively, the inability of Spoelstra to adjust to Parker iso'ing and LeBron to exploit Diaw was the nail in the coffin. The PnR did not kill the Heat, out of rhythm jumpers and lack of effort/focus did.

Miami performs well when they go small with at least 1 shot blocker on the court, I have yet to see Spoelstra break that out this series in extended minutes.

I'd be in panic mode had the Heat not gotten any transition buckets. Game 6 I expect them to be sharper.

Last edited:
and ill say it again...i hate spoelstra. Green lit on fire after his first miss. Didnt get guarded at the 3 for the rest of the game. I know its the players on the floor but damn can SOMEBODY remind the heat players that you guard the man on fire? I mean they gave him warm up jumpers from the 3 all day. Spo sat on the bench with the same confused face he always has. smh. Hes the general, sometimes you gotta rally the troops.

However, at least the core of our team is seemingly out of the funk. But now we need our role players. The big 3 are NOT enough against the spurs big 3+deep bench
our team defense is to collapse the paint.. we give out a lot of 3's no matter who the shooters are because it always has been a lower % shot... we try to use our quickness to get to the shooter.. but if they are on fire, aint no team stopping it...

They used the Heat's own medicine against them. Push the break, attack the defense prior to them setting, and as a result they drew fouls and got a couple of transition 3's.

It also doesn't help when the off-ball movement was not as frequent as it had been in the previous game. I cannot understand why in one game, their will be excellent movement and the next close to none.

What I can somewhat attribute that to is the inconsistency at the 1. Chalmers was over-aggressive when the 1st option was taken away and he completely abandoned the offense on more than a few occasions. The Spurs picked up pressure on the inbound and forced the Heat to use clock (same thing the Heat did vs Indy/Chicago) and weren't able to handle the pressure. They essentially forced the Heat into moving too quick and sloppy on offense. If you remember, Spo wanted them to be more decisive with the offense, and rightfully so. Bosh needs to get more touches(while being assertive), he looked good in the post and always has.

Defensively, the inability of Spoelstra to adjust to Parker iso'ing and LeBron to exploit Diaw was the nail in the coffin. The PnR did not kill the Heat, out of rhythm jumpers and lack of effort/focus did.

Miami performs well when they go small with at least 1 shot blocker on the court, I have yet to see Spoelstra break that out this series in extended minutes.

I'd be in panic mode had the Heat not gotten any transition buckets. Game 6 I expect them to be sharper.

Yeah man! I really liked what ray ray showed in game 5. We almost caught up coz of him. Too bad we fell short, again! Hope ray shows the same intensity in game 6. Disappointed with Chalmers though [emoji]128532[/emoji]
chalmers has to realize the refs will call fouls on him if he plays physical on ball defense, can't be picking up stupid fouls over and over.

chalmers has to realize the refs will call fouls on him if he plays physical on ball defense, can't be picking up stupid fouls over and over.
True! He's been inconsistent ever since he had that one good game. Hope this won't be the last game of the season for us. Can't believe team geriatric is stomping us right now.

What adjustments do yall think the heat should make offensively? Other than attack the basket when the fattest guy in the NBA is guarding you.

Im just upset that we dug ourselves into this hole. We can play so much better than this. I do not understand the inability to retain consistency. Its the Finals!

What adjustments do yall think the heat should make offensively? Other than attack the basket when the fattest guy in the NBA is guarding you.

Move the ball more. Post up Bron and Bosh more? Have more sets where Bron is catching the ball moving, and not at the top in a standstill. But honestly we just need to play that intense Miami Heat defense

he's sitting 5 feet back so lebron can't really blow by him with speed because of the cushion. then we get into the help defenders just sitting in the paint.

as far as adjustments go on offense. more off ball movement. too much passing and just standing, instead of making a pass and moving away from the ball. when lebron posts kawhi or green, he has to be extra aggressive and just try and bully them. force the defense to make a play. if diaw guards him again, they need to run lebron off some screens and get him a the ball at 15-20 feet before diaw can set up in front of him. run some plays with lebron screening for ray allen so he can get clean looks as well. bosh needs a couple of post ups, or catches in the paint to work with. most importantly, i think the heat need to get out in transition more so the spurs can't get into their defensive sets.

play juwan howard
laugh.gif

but for real, they need to just make smart decisions. game 5 they turned the ball over when they lost focus and missed open lay ups which is rare, they can't expect the spurs to just let them win the game. move the ball and make the extra pass so shooters like ray, miller, chalmers and cole get open looks. lebron did it on his own against the celtics last year but the spurs are a better team than boston so he's gonna need guys not named wade and bosh to contribute.

i can't remember where i read this, but someone said: "You can tell the quality of an offense by what a player does after they pass the ball." and it couldn't be more true. in the half court, the heat have a lot of standing around and minimal movement and rely on their stars to just make things happen by themselves. the spurs play a team game and make you play honest on defense.

i can't remember where i read this, but someone said: "You can tell the quality of an offense by what a player does after they pass the ball." and it couldn't be more true. in the half court, the heat have a lot of standing around and minimal movement and rely on their stars to just make things happen by themselves. the spurs play a team game and make you play honest on defense.

It sucks that our offense gets so stagnant like that sometimes man. Then other times the ball movement is beautiful. Team has always struggled with inconsistency though, particularly in mental intensity lol.

Back
Top Bottom