THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had the best career post-Jordan

He most certainly did. And that includes Bron, Shaq & Kobe.

Like, I’m not really mad if you argue for either...but the general public thinks it’s absurd to include Tim Duncan in those discussions. He’s right there with Bron and Kobe. I’ve always said...the better argument is who the best Post Jordan player is. Bron, Shaq, Kobe & Duncan all got respective cases. That’s a better discussion to me...than leapfrogging Bron soley, to the GOAT convo.

DC is 1000% a football town (from a pro standpoint).

No matter how much the team blows or how bad the stadium is....that franchise will always reign supreme here.

Maybe historically so but are folks really checking for them lately like that?

Feels like I always see rows of empty seats during games at fedex, at least the rows they don't end up covering with a tarp :lol:, and opposing fans take it over

Even if you go by the top two players ever based on positions Kobe is in the top 10:

PG: Magic, Curry
SG: Jordan, Kobe
SF: Bird, Lebron
PF: Duncan, Bill?
C: Kareem, Shaq
Using THAT model, faulty, elevates Kobe in a way in which he wouldn't if it were an Open Division.

That model is faulty because big men dominated from the 60s-2000s. Thats 4 decades of great big men.

The next 4 decades are gonna be full of great guards and forwards. Already been trending that way since 2000.

He most certainly did. And that includes Bron, Shaq & Kobe.

Like, I’m not really mad if you argue for either...but the general public thinks it’s absurd to include Tim Duncan in those discussions. He’s right there with Bron and Kobe. I’ve always said...the better argument is who the best Post Jordan player is. Bron, Shaq, Kobe & Duncan all got respective cases. That’s a better discussion to me...than leapfrogging Bron soley, to the GOAT convo.
I don't think it is close honestly.

DUncan > Kobe/Shaq

Kobe isn't a top 10 player of all time? If so who do y'all think is above him?

I do think Kobe is top 10, but I think that there should be two separate top 10 lists:

One pre-1980 and one post-1980. Or to be more accurate: One for players who had their best years prior to 1980 and one for players who had their best years after 1980.
It's really hard to compare Wilt Chamberlain's and Bill Russell's accomplishments with Michael Jordan's and LeBron James' accomplishments straight up. It's apples and oranges.
The game was so different back then.

Considering the Top 10 is a lot of Big Men listing them by position gives Kobe an advantage not a disadvantage

According to ESPN

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Lebron
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Russell
8. Duncan
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem

According to Sports Illustrated

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Lebron
6. Oscar
7. Bird
8. Russell
9. West
10. Duncan

According to CBS Sports

1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Kareem
4. Russell
5. Magic
6. Wilt
7. Shaq
8. Bird
9. Duncan
10. Kobe

According to Fox Sports

1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Duncan
6. Magic
7. Russell
8. Wilt
9. Bird
10. Hakeem

According to Bleacher Report

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Magic
7. Lebron
8. West
9. Bird
10. Shaq

Yea, this outcry/demand that Kobe should be Top 10 is funny considering he was barely cracking the list (if even at all), 6 months ago.

No need to rewrite history.

Again Kobe's resume is top 5 worthy;
18x All Star
15x All NBA (tied for most all time)
11x All NBA 1st team (2nd most all time)
12x All NBA defensive team
2x scoring champ
2x Finals MVP
1X League MVP

Really only Duncan, Kareem and Bron match the longevity

And then you have MJ or Magic that dominated in a shorter period of time 12-13 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom