THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coin flip. They’re both in that 10-15 range.

Rooting for the Warriors when Klay returns. All of a sudden they're not the favorites, rightfully so obviously.

If they somehow push through to the WCF again that Under Armour underdog marketing campaign gonna be real. If Steph pulls it off, propel him into the top 10 easily. Already arguably the best PG ever.

Duncan probably benefits from small market bias more than anything. He's not subject to the same scrutiny as other goats. He never played with less than 2 other HOFers including pop but his teammates are an afterthought. Nobody ever brings up the numerous times he came up short and brush off the fact that he never repeated. Then there's the whole not really a power forward, especially not in the playoffs, that just gets swept under the rug.

I have spoken.

I love how ESPN ranked Steph (13) one spot ahead of Durant (14). Agenda is clear.

Durant, Steph, Kawhi and especially Giannis are all ranked too high. I mean as in "if their careers ended today" ranked too high.
Kind of like how the NBA selected Shaq as one of the 50 greatest players ever in 1997, halfway through his fifth season:

top50.png

I mean, everyone knew that he would eventually be greater than most of the players on the list, but had his career ended then, it would've been the wrong choice. Nique should've been there instead.

Coin flip. They’re both in that 10-15 range.

Not really KD's resume is clearly better at this point
10x All Star
9x All NBA
4x scoring champ
2x Finals MVP
1x league MVP

Steph;
6x All Star
6x All NBA
1x scoring champ
2x league MVP

Again the media elevating him where he's not supposed to be YET.

KD solidly in the top 15. Steph in that 16-20 range.

Last edited:
Remember when Tim Duncan scored 15 points in an elimination game and got swept by the Lakers in his prime? After putting up 9 points on 37% the game before? No? How about when he came back the next year and lost in 5 to the same team? What about a couple years later when he had a 2-0 lead on that same team and dropped the next 4 straight? Anybody..?

Remember when Tim Duncan scored 15 points in an elimination game and got swept by the Lakers in his prime? After putting up 9 points on 37% the game before? No? How about when he came back the next year and lost in 5 to the same team? What about a couple years later when he had a 2-0 lead on that same team and dropped the next 4 straight? Anybody..?
Can't excuse 2004, but 2001-2002 the Spurs were in a transition phase. 2001 Lakers made them look ooooold.

Can't excuse 2004, but 2001-2002 the Spurs were in a transition phase. 2001 Lakers made them look ooooold.

They are the best organization in the sport or that's what we've been told for 20 years. I could say the Lakers were in obvious transition after Shaq left and that's the only reason the Spurs were able to dominate the west in that time period. And the moment the Lakers were squaded back up they didn't see the finals. But that would be disingenuous wouldn't it?

Cool. I can agree with that.

So you think if KD just shut his mouth and didn't say much, the media would have given him a pass ?
For the most part yea. It's no fun to pick fights with a guy who won't fight back. The move to GSW still would be bashed but maybe to a lesser extent. He might get more credit for what he brought to that team.

Also KD basically forced himself into playing the Duncan role when he was in OKC and pretending to be a nice guy. The hate didn't really start until he left.

For the most part yea. It's no fun to pick fights with a guy who won't fight back. The move to GSW still would be bashed but maybe to a lesser extent. He might get more credit for what he brought to that team.

Also KD basically forced himself into playing the Duncan role when he was in OKC and pretending to be a nice guy. The hate didn't really start until he left.

I think he started getting like that before he left OKC. Him and Russ were already in **** the media mode/he had started making comments/pushing back on people, Nike running the KD is not nice campaign was a result of that starting I felt like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom