THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are you this desperate yet?

EUhnLqTXgAIQBQj.jpg

The block wasnt ****. Most overrated play in sports history. **** Bron.

You're confusing the block with Kyrie's shot. I'll give LeBron haters Ray Allen's shot. If Ray doesn't make that shot, there is a 95% the Spurs win the chip. But Kyrie's shot is easily the most overrated "big shot" in NBA history, much like Kyrie's career:

1. Game was tied.
2. There were two full shot clocks of time left, and then some.
3. Those points weren't even the last points the Cavs scored, and they didn't even end up needing them. It was a 3 and they won the game by 4.

Based on its reputation, you'd SWEAR that that shot was a buzzer beater while the Cavs were down by 2. :lol:

At least LeBron's block was a spectacular play in and of itself, regardless of importance. It was a highlight play, whether it took place in the first quarter of a pre-season game or the closing minutes of a finals game 7. Kyrie's shot was just a 3 over a crap defender.

If LeBron haters really want to troll about clutch plays by LeBron's teammates in game 7 of the 2016 finals, you would do better with Kevin Love's defense on Steph Curry. It was more impressive than Kyrie's shot.

Draymond got himself suspended and he really should’ve been suspended in the OKC series.

You're confusing the block with Kyrie's shot. I'll give LeBron haters Ray Allen's shot. If Ray doesn't make that shot, there is a 95% the Spurs win the chip. But Kyrie's shot is easily the most overrated "big shot" in NBA history, much like Kyrie's career:

1. Game was tied.
2. There were two full shot clocks of time left, and then some.
3. Those points weren't even the last points the Cavs scored, and they didn't even end up needing them. It was a 3 and they won the game by 4.

Based on its reputation, you'd SWEAR that that shot was a buzzer beater while the Cavs were down by 2. :lol:

At least LeBron's block was a spectacular play in and of itself, regardless of importance. It was a highlight play, whether it took place in the first quarter of a pre-season game or the closing minutes of a finals game 7. Kyrie's shot was just a 3 over a crap defender.

If LeBron haters really want to troll about clutch plays by LeBron's teammates in game 7 of the 2016 finals, you would do better with Kevin Love's defense on Steph Curry. It was more impressive than Kyrie's shot.

AliveTerribleAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

Take a deep breath, man.

Last edited:
Bistephuals is just one in a long line of gems I’ve given this thread. Y’all don’t deserve me.

Funny you should mention that...season ending injuries seem to get brought up quite often when discussing the six game Finals series in 2015 but not so much when talking about the six game Finals series in 2019. Interesting.
I'm sure you know this, but it's really not that difficult: different crowds of people say different things. Lebron apologists mention the injuries in 2015, but their vitriol for the Warriors causes them to minimize the injuries that helped Toronto in 2019.

And of course to Dubs fans, the injuries in 2015 don't matter; that's a championship! But the injuries last year are super, mega, ultra important, monumentally influential even!

I'm sure you know this, but it's really not that difficult: different crowds of people say different thanks. Lebron apologists mention the injuries in 2015, but their vitriol for the Warriors causes them to minimize the injuries that helped Toronto in 2019.

And of course to Dubs fans, the injuries in 2015 don't matter; that's a championship! But the injuries last year are super, mega, ultra important, monumentally influential even!

Is it unreasonable to judge the Warriors Era like this:
2015 - Cavs lost their second and third best player due to injury - Warriors took advantage
2016 - Warriors lost Draymond due to suspension in a key game, Barnes played like an NT'er Steph looked pedestrian under the microscope - Cavs took advantage
2017 - Warriors swapped the ghost of HB with KD which tipped the scales - Warriors took advantage and washed Cavs
2018 - See 2017
2019 - Warriors lost their best and third best players due to injury - Raptors took advantage

Given the circumstances of each series, I would say the best team won each of those with 2016 being the one that's debatable. Yes, Steph should have played better in 2016. Undoubtedly he shoulders the brunt of that loss. However, I think knocking him for 2019 is slightly preposterous all things considered.

Dirk and a bunch of veterans beating that heat team was great to watch.

They pulled off the upset when it mattered most but that Mavs squad gets underrated a bit imo. Had Dirk having one of the All-Time great individual playoff runs backed up by some quality and hungry vets. They were balanced as hell,had shooters for days on top of being defensively sound.

Them dominating and sweeping That Lakers squad going for a 3-peat is still one of the most surprising series outcomes I can remember.

Might not be the best assortment of talent the Mavs have had but they're the best overall team/collective they've had if that makes sense. All the pieces just seemed to fit seamlessly and they wrecked the league come postseason time

Funny you should mention that...season ending injuries seem to get brought up quite often when discussing the six game Finals series in 2015 but not so much when talking about the six game Finals series in 2019. Interesting.
I mean, didn’t most folks say some variation of “Now Little Steve knows how Bron felt in 2015?”

Also, Klay played 5 full games in the series. Let’s not act like it’s remotely similar to Love missing an entire series.

Is it unreasonable to judge the Warriors Era like this:
2015 - Cavs lost their second and third best player due to injury - Warriors took advantage
2016 - Warriors lost Draymond due to suspension in a key game, Barnes played like an NT'er Steph looked pedestrian under the microscope - Cavs took advantage
2017 - Warriors swapped the ghost of HB with KD which tipped the scales - Warriors took advantage and washed Cavs
2018 - See 2017
2019 - Warriors lost their best and third best players due to injury - Raptors took advantage

Given the circumstances of each series, I would say the best team won each of those with 2016 being the one that's debatable. Yes, Steph should have played better in 2016. Undoubtedly he shoulders the brunt of that loss. However, I think knocking him for 2019 is slightly preposterous all things considered.
Of course that's unreasonable; you've detached all narratives. 🤬

Lebby shrank in '15! StephDaGOAT! Or... no...Lebby had no help! Steph had all the help!

16? LebbyDaGOAT! Steph got exposed! But also Lebby's lucky some Dubs were out!

Etc...

Would've loved to see their game 7 reactions :lol:

ClaY4qkUoAAIaAN.jpg

What's funny was (at least with the people I was around), Dubs fans ****** with Bron because he threatened Kobe's spot as best in the league and they all hated Kobe/the Lakers. Did a total 180 on him once they became contenders :lol: Had this and that one lady calling him a ***** after that one game. One dude I know had a signed Bron jersey and rode from him hard and even he was talking **** on social media about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom