THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Them dominating and sweeping That Lakers squad going for a 3-peat is still one of the most surprising series outcomes I can remember.

Not discounting the Mavs team but after three straight Finals runs and battling to get the second seed along side with their age, I think they were gassed. Definitely not taking away from the Mavs because they swept them. For what it's worth, West 1-4 was loaded and Wavy's Nuggets were no slouch at 5 too.

I mean, didn’t most folks say some variation of “Now Little Steve knows how Bron felt in 2015?”

Also, Klay played 5 full games in the series. Let’s not act like it’s remotely similar to Love missing an entire series.

They were down 3-1 going into G5 and narrowly won. They were going to need a healthy Klay to have a chance. Regardless of that, we shouldn't act like Love missing a series is similar to arguably the best player in the series, when healthy, playing only 12 minutes in total. My stance is that The Warriors were injury plagued and flawed beyond repair as a result just as The Cavs were in 2015. I think that is a fair assessment.

I can't blame them too much :lol:, definitely don't envy working on sports talk shows rn given the lack of anything going on. They're having to scrape the bottom of the barrel for content, even more than usual.

The NFL Draft in a few weeks is gonna be a godsend for them :lol:

Iluminatti just won’t let Kyrie be fully appreciated....:smh:
EUnF6vlXsAIMChy

Not discounting the Mavs team but after three straight Finals runs and battling to get the second seed along side with their age, I think they were gassed. Definitely not taking away from the Mavs because they swept them. For what it's worth, West 1-4 was loaded and Wavy's Nuggets were no slouch at 5 too.

Yea credit the Mavs but the Lakers gravy train had run its course at that point. There was still a lot of hype and people expecting Phil to always 3 peat or wanting the Kobe/Bron matchup but realistically nobody should've expected much. They got dragged something crazy tho :lol:

Yea credit the Mavs but the Lakers gravy train had run its course at that point. There was still a lot of hype and people expecting Phil to always 3 peat or wanting the Kobe/Bron matchup but realistically nobody should've expected much. They got dragged something crazy tho :lol:
Games 1-3 were at least close but game 4 was an *** kicking. I couldn't believe my eyes watching game 4.

They were down 3-1 going into G5 and narrowly won. They were going to need a healthy Klay to have a chance. Regardless of that, we shouldn't act like Love missing a series is similar to arguably the best player in the series, when healthy, playing only 12 minutes in total. My stance is that The Warriors were injury plagued and flawed beyond repair as a result just as The Cavs were in 2015. I think that is a fair assessment.
I don’t think anyone has ever said or is saying that not having KD is similar to not having Love. It’s much more like not having Kyrie.

In 2016 and 2019, when having to play against teams with good guards in the finals, and without Daddy Durant, Little Steve has shot 40% and 41% from the field. He still had multiple all-star caliber teammates in both instances, but he simply isn’t built to be THE GUY. I think we should all be able to agree with that.

In retrospect this is entirely evident when you look at the following season. They got all that extra rest then had Denver take them to seven in the first then got dragged (again) in 5 by da Young OKC squad. They just didn't have it anymore at that point. All dynasties run into that problem barring something unforeseen (i.e. your biggest threat joining your team). GSW was headed down that path had it not been for KD.

We always talk about how OKC would have won afterwards if KD stayed but those Spurs teams were no joke either. They still won 61 games that year :wow:

I don’t think anyone has ever said or is saying that not having KD is similar to not having Love. It’s much more like not having Kyrie.

Equating not having KD to not having Kyrie means that KD would be a second fiddle, right? Otherwise, there's no compariosn.

In 2016 and 2019, when having to play against teams with good guards in the finals, and without Daddy Durant, Little Steve has shot 40% and 41% from the field. He still had multiple all-star caliber teammates in both instances, but he simply isn’t built to be THE GUY. I think we should all be able to agree with that.

You had to put two qualifiers in your statement to justify your slander. 2016 is on Steph.I have conceded to that. 2019 is a different story, IMO. Yes, Klay was still an all-star but Draymond wasn't at that point and his role was significantly diminished from what it was during his previous all-star years as was his quality of play/production. The Warriors were plagued by injuries and as a result they lost. Sure, they beat HOU in G6 w/o KD and swept the Blazers but those teams weren't as good as Toronto. Yes, Steph was not elite in the Finals but without a player of KD's caliber against that Toronto team coupled with no more Elimination Game Klay, I'm not sure what Steph could have done to carry that roster to victory.

Similar to LeBron in 2015.

2011 Lakers got really old really fast from the previous years' teams. And then management was trying to cut costs too.

Felt like Playing NBA YoungGOAT today. And this song made me remember this 🚫 smoke. The way Mark Jackson called yo out.....SHEESH! 🔥🔥

Deadspin tryin' real hard to be relevant again.

KOBE BRYANT
Let’s separate the emotion and tragedy from the issue and look objectively at this: Kobe was an incredible, dynamic, otherworldly talent, the complete package, with an incredible work ethic and high basketball IQ. But he’s not a top 5 player all-time.

Top 20? Sure.

He filled the hole in the public spotlight left by Jordan, and in that role, as the public face of the NBA, he fulfilled his promise. But he wasn’t as good as Jordan or LeBron James. We certainly shouldn’t be talking about making his silhouette the NBA logo.

You can make a good argument that Kobe isn’t even a Top 5 all-time Laker, which sounds sacrilegious, but there’s Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain.

Who do you kick out? And that’s not even considering LeBron.

– Chris Baud

Not today devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom