THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagsfan.jpg

The host of arguably the biggest sports show on TV has been on a two year Vendetta against Kawhi for this

Not to mention this topic gets discussed every time a major star misses a marquee matchup :lol:

wavycrocket wavycrocket opened the floodgates.... Now everybody has their own version of "unique" hate :rofl:

Not even what I’m getting at :lol:. But Lakers fans ain’t have this Virtol for Kawhi last year. And you know it. For obvious reasons. Don’t front man. It is, what it is.

Also I said something similar before but Kawhi not making his injury history public is a big part of the problem.. It allows people to pretend like he's not hurt.

Orrrrr it could be that lying Doc said he was 100% healthy coming into the season and then proceeded to sit him out in 2 of the 1st 8 games as opposed to him coming off of a 9 game season with what everybody thought was a serious injury. But yea blame the Lakers.

The simple answer. He plays in LA and is the main rival to a Lakers title. Narratives narratives narratives.

If the clippers would've just came out and said he's on the same program as last year and has a bad knee they definitely wouldn't have gotten fined and it wouldn't be a big deal. Really that simple

If the clippers would've just came out and said he's on the same program as last year and has a bad knee they definitely wouldn't have gotten fined and it wouldn't be a big deal. Really that simple
They said they didn't plan to load manage him "as much" that leaves things open for interpretation. I don't feel cheated or lied to. Idk why anyone does.

Do we actually care about this?

the only people that have a serious gripe are clippers fans and it sounds like most on here are convinced this is a winning formula for kawhi (and not the fact that KD/Klay got injured). faaaaaar second is the nba/media/owners who obviously feel threatened financially

They said they didn't plan to load manage him "as much" that leaves things open for interpretation. I don't feel cheated or lied to. Idk why anyone does.

Yea and that's a lie and the reason they got fined. All you gotta do is check the clipper thread and see that all 4 of them weren't exactly expecting this based on everything that was coming from the clippers org

• Haha
Reactions: MVP

Well you can't lie to the league obviously. What's so hard about saying he still has a knee injury?

its an important subject that is deserving of a converastion regarding of the parties involved

That's cool & I get it.

There's some serious vitriol against load management, thought. Wouldn't we rather see Kawhi in June than a Wednesday in November?

Not even what I’m getting at :lol:. But Lakers fans ain’t have this Virtol for Kawhi last year. And you know it. For obvious reasons. Don’t front man. It is, what it is.

Legit nobody is mad at dude, he's in L.A now the media has passed him the crown of "best player in the league" "if he wins another title with another team then he has to start going in top 10 list" etc etc

The man's profile as a NBA star has grown exponentially from this time last year to now (Not like he would ever choose LA for the perks of Hollywood or nothing :nerd:)

But now this softass fanbase is in here everyday whining everyday about coverage.... Wahhh stop talking about Kawhi, Look at this pro Lakers media, Why they so focused on this team now

Dudes talking about a pro Lakers agenda, meanwhile :lol:

dudes ain't make the playoffs in years & were still the second most hated team last year, The Clippers are Finally an actual contender for a title for the first time in history... & wanna get their panties in a bunch over media coverage. This what comes with expectations, deal with it.

To think.....”Load Management” came from Bron being in “playoff mode”, and ducking the warriors while claiming he’s “back”. The irony is rich.

That's cool & I get it.

There's some serious vitriol against load management, thought. Wouldn't we rather see Kawhi in June than a Wednesday in November?

I personally don't care about load management. The whole issue is transparency. That's why you have people like Doris Burke saying it's ridiculous because there's confusion over whether he's healthy or not and if he was even still supposed to be on load management

That's cool & I get it.

Gawd forbid he plays 2 games within a 7 day period. He'll be done in May anyway.

Do we actually care about this?

About as much as we cared about Jeanie's friendship with Linda Rambis, or Magic giving the janitor anxiety, Or Rob Pelinka making up odd stories about Heath Ledger, but that didn't stop all the pods & basketball insiders discussing for months how nobody was gonna play in for the Lakers because of it

magicviolin.gif

To Kawhi/Clippers because they're the topic of some NBA discussion, Dudes be wanting to give these players/franchises all the praise and accolades & wanna catch feels when they get the backlash & nitpicking that comes with the territory.

Last edited:
I don’t think a single Clipper fan has complained about the media coverage. It’s not like we would accuse of ESPN, Wojnarowski, and other reporters of being paid by a team owner to disparage my favorite team. That would be childish and absurd.

They hate PG
They hate Kawhi
They hated Blake
They hated CP3
The clippers are the most twitter hated team in Californi. Who do you think the majority of those fans root for?

I said it after the blake trade when people were saying the Clippers were likeable again. It was only because we weren’t expected to win anymore. Then we made the playoffs and it came right back. Then we got Kawhi and PG and we haven’t paid mortgage since. They go out of their way to say they don’t care about the Clippers but they care more about the Clippers than their own team. I don’t blame them. I just keep them in my thoughts. Tjat type of hate is not healthy.

And it’s unique to this team.

You don’t see how you’re a hypocrite for defending Kawhi but condemning LeBron ? lmao

Im not defending Kawhi. 2 games outta 8 ain’t a big deal
To me. I’d rather players play....(word to my mike post prior)but It is what it is. Once the precedent is set (by Bron....who created the term to duck bump from the warriros)...Kawhi is following it.

I’m simply explaining why there is backlash now (as opposed to last year) to Kawhi and his “load management”. There is a different energy this year. And we all know why. And it’s understandable in a sense. I’d be taking shots at Kawhi too, if I was a Bron/Lakers fan...after him getting that “title as best in the world” and him literally giving the Lakers blue balls this offseason. It’s just magnetized due to the market he’s in, who he’s against etc. But you about to duck again tho. I see you Lil Fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom