THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk a single person that makes a concentrated effort to go really learn music that was before their time. Music to me is the form of media that is most focused on the present. I couldn't quote a single Rakim Verse or Anyone from that era.

To keep it real none of that music holds up anyways it's all off beat bars about nothing. Is that their fault? No, but doesn't change what it is

What if they don't like Biggie but mess with music from that era. I couldn't quote a Tupac verse cause I don't like his music. This whole thing Complex is doing is dumb.

Juicy is one of those songs for me that should transcend eras songs like Thriller , here comes the sun, come to mind as well

I couldn't tell you what Here Comes the Sun is and I don't like Michael Jackson at all.

The biggest band of all time’s biggest hit usually rings a bell and thriller is basically what started music videos. :lol:

I’m just putting these things out there. I know some people only listen to one Genre of music . Nothing wrong with that as well.

Who's the biggest band of all time? The Beatles? I'm legit trying to do this without Googling.

It doesn’t have that much to do with age. You’re coming on 40 if you were a teen when Juicy was on the radio, 50 for Thriller. Most of the people on here know those songs because they’re still played constantly at parties, bars, restaurants etc it’s not some deep cut lol.

If you put on Juicy at a white girl sorority party in 2019 most of the teenagers are going to know the lyrics and be singing along. It’s not some type of credibility test

My little brother is 17 and I can guarantee he doesn't know a word of that record and am reasonably certain it's not coming on at any party he's going to. Maybe when he gets to college and the whole "The 90s is the greatest decade to ever exist" rhetoric is pushed harder

And they're absolutely using it as some sort of credibility test look in the comments. They did the same thing with the Cole Kendrick Drake question.

Where did I say I didn't know Biggie lyrics? I said I understand not knowing them when he wasn't even alive when you were born yet. There isn't some obligation to do a look back on music.

Carry on with the music snobbery though couldn't care less

Where did I say I didn't know Biggie lyrics? I said I understand not knowing them when he wasn't even alive when you were born yet. There isn't some obligation to do a look back on music.

Carry on with the music snobbery though couldn't care less
Unlike your believes... music is timeless.

I understand not coming across an artist because you have not heard of him. However, music transcends times and a lot is relatable.

I mean people still study and talk about Mozart Beethoven Etc.

HipHop is a young genre and right now is the most popular genre. I cant say trap musicians get inspiration from Classic hiphop, people like Kendrick and Cole and such do listen and are inspired by classical rap hiphop.

So it is still influential.

Not sure what was your point but ok.

My point was them not knowing the lyrics to that record isn't an indictment on them because there are a myriad of reasons as to why they don't know it, most notably it being older than they are.

8xkosu9cach31.jpg

Going back to the golf conversation. People always come in and say "you play any golf today, I shot X" and then a 15 minute conversation about golf materializes and I sit here quiet.

It's happening right now.

Bohemian Rhapsody another iconic song :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Juicy and Changes should be staples man.

Hadn't checked the thread since Saturday... Some of you clowns were really in your feelings over two dudes flying to Australia to get cut.

:lol: Homey called it wasteful. :lol: :smh:

Some of yall need other hobbies.

Big Music Thread???

Hadn't checked the thread since Saturday... Some of you clowns were really in your feelings over two dudes flying to Australia to get cut.

:lol: Homey called it wasteful. :lol: :smh:

Some of yall need other hobbies.

It’s the dog days of being a NBA fan, man. Gotta get these hot takes and contrarian replies off to keep the thread alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom