THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve been fooled by one of his chase down blocks that’s shown repeatedly on ESPN and twitter, making it look he’s doing that every game, when really most of the game he’s hiding, getting easily beat off the dribble, and often times not even contesting, then getting mad at Green, Kuzma, or KCP for not being on a guy that he was supposed to be on. Hope that was enough for you.

Lebron has been a trash defender for a few years now. It blows my mind that there is even a debate amongst some as to who will win league MVP. Giannis dominates both ends and could win defensive player of the year, while Lebron on the other hand is a matador on defense, should yell OLE as his man blows by him.

here's something i always wondered. would Lebron losing in that finals help or hurt his legacy? 1 more finals but would lose to Kobe's Lakers in it.

I say it hurts him. You can't be this dominant force that is the self proclaimed goat yet you have lost 6 NBA Finals. Did anybody expect that Cleveland team in '18 to do anything, no but the 2011 loss to the Mavs is inexcusable so is 2014. That Spurs team is one of the most underrated teams of all time but if you're Lebron and you have prime Bosh and prime(ish) Wade on your team you shouldn't get destroyed in 5 games like that. Losing 6 times in the finals is a huge blemish on Lebron's legacy.

I'm late on that channing frye post but I agree with him.

Considering the personalities of today's nba players + the fact they have so much more freedom to move around these days, I can see dudes spending a season or two with mj and then deciding to bounce lol

I say it hurts him. You can't be this dominant force that is the self proclaimed goat yet you have lost 6 NBA Finals. Did anybody expect that Cleveland team in '18 to do anything, no but the 2011 loss to the Mavs is inexcusable so is 2014. That Spurs team is one of the most underrated teams of all time but if you're Lebron and you have prime Bosh and prime(ish) Wade on your team you shouldn't get destroyed in 5 games like that. Losing 6 times in the finals is a huge blemish on Lebron's legacy.

"He wasn't supposed to win his team was only favored 2 outta the 9 times"

Never mind how trash the East was during that entire consecutive run.

Bish got me on white wine early, what y’all sippin on this Saturday? :nerd:

These might be my new favorite. Where nick. nick. at?

94E9120F-CC96-4FE0-8587-43F880896DD1.jpeg

"He wasn't supposed to win his team was only favored 2 outta the 9 times"

Never mind how trash the East was during that entire consecutive run.

That's a good point every Lebron fanboy I talk to says something similar. So I just chalk it up to them being a casual fan and not knowing any better. It's a good thing that the Last Dance is on while the world is kind of stopped so all these 20 somethings can see what the real difference in MJ and Lebron is.

I’m def not a pure Bron hater but always baffles me how he’s in the GOAT convo when he been catching L’s in the finals for decades now....With the emphasis most basketball ppl have on championships it’s funny

People pick and choose what pieces of information, data and circumstance they want to use and how they evaluate it to fit their narrative. And that goes for both sides.I don't think anyone is jumping from Bron Lover to Bron Hater by the end of his career and at best Bron Haters become independents ONLY if he wins 5-6. There's not going to be any conversion from either party.

That PG doc was mid. KD gotta up the quality :lol:. I seen vice docs better. It was real touch and go.

But shoutout to him for putting a spotlight on his area. Real hoopers out there. He’s “stamping” his area. PG cats getting more and more secure with saying they from PG :lol:. Good stuff!

That PG doc was mid. KD gotta up the quality :lol:. I seen vice docs better. It was real touch and go.

But shoutout to him for putting a spotlight on his area. Real hoopers out there. He’s “stamping” his area. PG cats getting more and more secure with saying they from PG :lol:. Good stuff!

Hmm so I was right.

I guess this points to a bigger issue with the GOAT conversation.

In a team sport, you can absolutely be the greatest individual and still lose. So I don’t know how much weight that label actually carries.

Like Jordan was very clearly the best player in the league before ‘91 :lol: but it didn’t matter until Scottie & Horace grew up, Horace later replaced by Rodman after Chicago got eliminated by a team with a Horace/Shaq frontcourt.

Shaq was next up after Jordan retired & Hakeem/Malone getting older. Wouldn’t have happened if Kobe never grew up.

I’m def not a pure Bron hater but always baffles me how he’s in the GOAT convo when he been catching L’s in the finals for decades now....With the emphasis most basketball ppl have on championships it’s funny
Top 5 player of all-time and still playing

Lebron is the definition of a living legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom