THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same way MJ controls the narrative of his doc.

I'm not saying MJ didn't control the narrative but what negative facts would you have liked him to elaborated?

It isn't confirmed that his father was killed over his gambling debts
It's not confirmed he was banned from the league for gambling

I mean, MJ included several teammates who said he was a jerk, *******, POS, etc. He also admitted he could have done more in the Harvey Gantt situation. He expounded on "Republicans buy sneakers too". He talked about Isiah and The Dream Team. Included footage of him absolutely dogging teammates.

Between his actions back then and some of his commentary today, MJ put a lot out there for critics. This is just my opinion, but I struggle to see Lebby allowing anything that would allow for criticism i.e. legends/teammates talking about him creating super teams, not having "it" or his passiveness in big moments. I also have a hard time envisioning him putting critics of "The Decision", questionable pressers, his handling of China, etc.

They'll likely be addressed 20 years from now but it's a far departure from how he currently handles his image in the media.

Marcus Smart will be 1st Team again.

We initially discussed this but as the shut down continues, it has become a far removed thought but do we think they'll still give out regular season awards? They still had like 20% of the season to play and I think the prolonged hiatus could skew voting. Also, if I'm not mistaken, some players have bonuses and kickers in their contract depending on accolades/recognition. If that's the case, the league not giving them out could potentially benefit some teams.

We initially discussed this but as the shut down continues, it has become a far removed thought but do we think they'll still give out regular season awards? They still had like 20% of the season to play and I think the prolonged hiatus could skew voting. Also, if I'm not mistaken, some players have bonuses and kickers in their contract depending on accolades/recognition. If that's the case, the league not giving them out could potentially benefit some teams.
I think there is a 100% chance we get regular season awards.

40 years ago OTD

EYJUco7WsAAxssG

EYJFJvwXkAI5pxN

olr604-b88899884z.120170221173806000g94lnjcs.10.jpg

@ 20 years old :sick: :sick: :sick:
Back to back ncaa champion and nba champion
My GOAT PG

t
I think there is a 100% chance we get regular season awards.

Do think it happens regardless of the resumption/completion of the playoffs or not? When would voting take place? Hindsight is 20/20 but they should have voted at the time of shut down because a lot of these awards are going to be deserving of asterisks.

Reminiscing over Jordan's legacy only serves to further enhance LeBron's legacy when he wins again. If you hate the LeBron hype now just wait until he's chasing the 5th and 6th ring

Reminiscing over Jordan's legacy only serves to further enhance LeBron's legacy when he wins again. If you hate the LeBron hype now just wait until he's chasing the 5th and 6th ring

"When he wins again". I see what you did there. I know you're talking about hype but as it stands right now, he's going to have to win this year for a realistic for a chance at five or six. Ironically, the pandemic's affect on the salary cap could help his chances of winning in the future. Makes you wonder.......

What does LeBron know about 5G?
50f56e17eab8ea1112000013.jpg
5dea7253fd9db265271d5b57.png

Do think it happens regardless of the resumption/completion of the playoffs or not? When would voting take place? Hindsight is 20/20 but they should have voted at the time of shut down because a lot of these awards are going to be deserving of asterisks.
They completed over 75% of the regular season. Do we think the remaining 17 games or so would've changed much about what players were awesome and deserving of certain accolades? If they don't play any more regular season games, I think the voters should vote right before the playoffs start. If they decide to just shut things down completely and look forward to the next season, then they vote then.

They completed over 75% of the regular season. Do we think the remaining 17 games or so would've changed much about what players were awesome and deserving of certain accolades? If they don't play any more regular season games, I think the voters should vote right before the playoffs start. If they decide to just shut things down completely and look forward to the next season, then they vote then.
Yes. A motivated and getting in better shape Embiid pushes for 1st team All NBA lol

Do we think the remaining 17 games or so would've changed much about what players were awesome and deserving of certain accolades?

Voters in the media were saying that Lebby/Giannis for MVP was going to come down to the wire AND Giannis was going to be out for a little bit at the time of the shutdown. However, your points are all valid especially considering this a zero-sum game since there really is no alternative. There will definitely be a few awards/team honors compromised but everything is imperfect at this point so I guess we have work with what we got.

Except it is. Although I must admit that your laughing emoticons to disprove that it isn't are an excellent counter-argument.

You’ve been fooled by one of his chase down blocks that’s shown repeatedly on ESPN and twitter, making it look he’s doing that every game, when really most of the game he’s hiding, getting easily beat off the dribble, and often times not even contesting, then getting mad at Green, Kuzma, or KCP for not being on a guy that he was supposed to be on. Hope that was enough for you.

You’ve been fooled by one of his chase down blocks that’s shown repeatedly on ESPN and twitter, making it look he’s doing that every game, when really most of the game he’s hiding, getting easily beat off the dribble, and often times not even contesting, then getting mad at Green, Kuzma, or KCP for not being on a guy that he was supposed to be on. Hope that was enough for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom