THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a mathematician, but I can use a calculator and 6/15 is 40% and 3/17 is 18%.

And of course you can't get better than 100%.

By no measure does Lebby have a case for GOAT status. At best he should be at #4 all time.

so Jordan did more in less time but people are trying to knock him for that?

I already went through this once. Mike had more competition by far in the East. Bron benefited tremendously from basically all the great players in the league being in the opposite conference and him after that first stint having multiple other great players from that same weak East on his team.

The funny thing about the media is that they cover themselves with their Bron slurpage by painting him as some kind of underdog despite being basically the defacto GM in every place since he originally left Cleveland, there aren't any expectations. If he loses, well that was supposed to happen, if he does win it's the greatest thing ever. They believe in the idea of Lebron more than actual Lebron.

Gotta love when his teams were Vegas favorites from 10-15....BASED on LeBron and ROSTER construction....

Only for them to disappoint/coast during the regular season....and the odds change by the finals :lol:.

I wish people would be really real, about the 2010-2018 EAST.

Hell of a feat...to go to 9 straight finals. And only an all time great...Top 5 or whatever player is capable of that. But it’s gotta be put in context of what the a East was...and who Bron and his teams were at that time.

But literally set himself up for a 50/50 chance at a title for a decade. And came through with 3 of them...from 2010. That’s impressive. Doesn’t make somebody the goat. But it’s incredible.

He Didn’t see GSW coming tho :lol:. And they really threw a wrench in his plans. He had to adjust :lol:.

sure but Mike's Bulls were those Warriors. If Bron were the actual GOAT, those Warriors would have never been the Warriors that you keep trembling about
i never said Lebron was the goat.

Those Warriors had a better record than Jordan ever did.

just facts.

Perfect example. The championship results could be used both ways.

MJ Advocate/Bron Denier: Sure Jordan needed help too but once he got it, he never lost. Bron with help has lost as many times as Jordan has won :lol:

LeBron Advocate/MJ Denier: Bron made it to the FInals without help and when finally got some, he made it to the Finals more times than Michael. Plus basketball is a team sport and LeBron's teams were underdogs that faced far superior competition in the Finals.

This is actually spot on :lol:

Only he and Magic in the modern era dominated in such a short period. Magic played 13 seasons, went to 9 finals and won 5 times. 38% of his career he won, which is why he also should be locked in the top 3 with MJ and Kareem.
Rookie FMVP. 😎

Just watched this game the other day. I don’t think people realize just howgood guys like Kerr are. 17 and 8 against a REALLY good Iowa team in the tourney. And he went 5/10 from three :lol: He shot 57% from 3 that season :smh:

ha

Last dance got me watching a ton of bulls games in its entirety and the bulls domination (especially the last 3 peat) makes Jordan look much better. Maybe I’m looking at it with 2020 eyes but like, the bulls roster wise outside of Jordan was...ehhh. Had money playing by himself a few times :lol:

as a kid hearing about how great the bulls were, I really thought the players outside of MJ were dominant / better

My post had nothing to do with Bron. We just need to stop acting like Jordan singlehandedly stopped everyone from winning championships. Even in his best individual season ever, he couldn’t make it to the finals. There’s a lesson to be learned there. Sometimes ( a lot of times) having the best player on your team doesn’t guarantee a championship.

:rofl: :rofl:

lol at you switching up. go re-read how this started.
I was gonna say Cavs and Warriors only play eachother so many times in the regular season so that didn’t even make sense.

72-10 bulls lost to the Toronto Raptors

that doesn’t mean the Toronto Raptors were better than the bulls

Last edited:
My post had nothing to do with Bron. We just need to stop acting like Jordan singlehandedly stopped everyone from winning championships. Even in his best individual season ever, he couldn’t make it to the finals. There’s a lesson to be learned there. Sometimes ( a lot of times) having the best player on your team doesn’t guarantee a championship.

Who has Bron stopped from winning anything though? Seems everybody has gotten a turn at his expense.

You're not going to win every year, everybody knows that but you shouldn't be expected to lose when you've supposedly been the best player in the league for a decade and tried to stack the deck in your favor for a vast majority of that time.

I was gonna say Cavs and Warriors only play eachother so many times in the regular season so that didn’t even make sense.

72-10 lost to the Toronto Raptors

that doesn’t mean the Toronto Raptors were better than the bulls

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

whatever you are doing to try to refute my earlier points doesn't make logical sense at ALL, but do you.

Any Lebron - GOAT talk would be centered around MJ expansion / how good today’s player is and his longevity right?

The only argument is longevity in my opinion. But that can also be in Jordan's favor seeing as he accomplished more in less time. Bron has stat accumulation in his favor.

This is also something that's very interesting to me, the overall talent pool of players may be better now but you go down the top 20-25 players of all time and only Bron, KD and Steph crack most lists. The truly all time greats are more prevalent in the other eras.

Evergreen post

2EB6318F-AEB7-4EED-80A1-B642025BEDE8.jpeg

Last edited:
All I was trying to say is Jordan never beat a team better than the 15/16 Warriors which you already agreed.

let's add more data to this discussion by comparing how many 50-win & 60-win teams beaten by Mike's teams to Lebron's teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom