THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that move gonna fly in any setting? If he pulls that move off in pickup, nba, ncaa, fiba I think it’ll be called travel every time. Maaaaaaybe the association might let it go *once in a blue moon* but even in the nba I think that’ll be a whistle

So my question is if it’s called a travel every time, is it a travel?
19 Year vet

19 Year Ref

Bill Laimbeer on First Take saying Lebby is the GOAT and listed him as 6'8" , 285 lbs.

As history gets romanticized and the memories become more distant, what will folks be saying LeBron's physical numbers were? I always hear 6'8"/6'9" for height but anywhere from 260-285 lbs. Not sure what's right here and are those extra 2-3 inches that much more meaningful (no shotsrangout shotsrangout ) that it's alright for Bron to carry that extra weight? Or is it that just part of his freakishly athletic nature?

EDIT: LOL at Bill Laimbeer throwing shots by saying it's easy being a talking head and that they're stealing money. Sounding like the voice of NT on there :lol:

People want hoopers to be mute?

I don’t get it. I’ve said it before but nothing about how KD goes about things is weird or sensitive. People get into spats on NT and block ppl, does that mean you guys are sensitive?

He disagrees with something and he says it. What’s the issue? Other than because he’s an NBA player he should let things slide?

Bill Laimbeer on First Take saying Lebby is the GOAT and listed him as 6'8" , 285 lbs.

As history gets romanticized and the memories become more distant, what will folks be saying LeBron's physical numbers were? I always hear 6'8"/6'9" for height but anywhere from 260-285 lbs. Not sure what's right here and are those extra 2-3 inches that much more meaningful (no shotsrangout shotsrangout ) that it's alright for Bron to carry that extra weight? Or is it that just part of his freakishly athletic nature?

EDIT: LOL at Bill Laimbeer throwing shots by saying it's easy being a talking head and that they're stealing money. Sounding like the voice of NT on there :lol:

He's definitely had some weight fluctuations, but I've always just considered him to be 6'8" and hover around 270.

I don’t get it. I’ve said it before but nothing about how KD goes about things is weird or sensitive. People get into spats on NT and block ppl, does that mean you guys are sensitive?

He disagrees with something and he says it. What’s the issue? Other than because he’s an NBA player he should let things slide?

IMO, there’s an in between here. KD seems to track and respond to, like, everything said about him. That’s a bit much. Responding to some things would be reasonable, but its like he’s actively looking for things to get pissed about.

Plus, he seems to have a tendency to bring other people into his beefs with reporters, etc., which is not cool.

Again, I feel sad for him that’s how he’s become wired.

He's definitely had some weight fluctuations, but I've always just considered him to be 6'8" and hover around 270.

Agreed. 285 sounds too high. 6’8” and between 260-270 since after about his second or third year in the league.

IMO, there’s an in between here. KD seems to track and respond to, like, everything said about him. That’s a bit much. Responding to some things would be reasonable, but its like he’s actively looking for things to get pissed about.

Plus, he seems to have a tendency to bring other people into his beefs with reporters, etc., which is not cool.

Again, I feel sad for him that’s how he’s become wired.

im sure you weren’t being literal but he’s probably not responding to anywhere close to the amount of slander he gets.

and again, if a reporter or a columnist is psychoanalyzing your moods and behavior let alone your abilities as a player and you disagree with it, what’s wrong with pulling up on people who are saying things about you that you disagree with?

I don’t view him as being wired any different.From my perspective he’s a normal guy who On occasion goes at people who say things about him that he doesn’t agree with. That’s not sensitive to me

We got into this same convo when Westbrook''s "issues" with the fans happened.

People kept saying "he should be the bigger man." Nah.

If you disrespect/come at somebody a certain way, you can't dictate the level of their response.

SO many people are thrown off by the JUMP.

I had to tell someone, a jump IS a step with higher elevation.

I love these convos though.

:lol:

I'd hate to be apart of a pickup game where someone tried to get this off. It'd be a 30 min argument, my legs would probably start tightening up from being still for so long.

im sure you weren’t being literal but he’s probably not responding to anywhere close to the amount of slander he gets.

and again, if a reporter or a columnist is psychoanalyzing your moods and behavior let alone your abilities as a player and you disagree with it, what’s wrong with pulling up on people who are saying things about you that you disagree with?

I don’t view him as being wired any different.From my perspective he’s a normal guy who On occasion goes at people who say things about him that he doesn’t agree with. That’s not sensitive to me

Yeah, we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Burner accounts, going at it with random fans on Social Media, telling reporters he “sees and hears everything“, etc. - that kind of stuff puts KD in a different category to me. But reasonable minds can disagree on these things.

Agreed. 285 sounds too high. 6’8” and between 260-270 since after about his second or third year in the league.

What would you say his weight was prior? I'm sure there is plenty of documentation. which someone will pull, but I believe he was touted as 26- coming in.

What would you say his weight was prior? I'm sure there is plenty of documentation. which someone will pull, but I believe he was touted as 26- coming in.

I’d say 250-255, as a rookie. I don’t think he had even fully grown into his body when he first came in the league. Muscle mass has increased a fair amount since then to me, based on the eye test.

KD felt disrespected by fans giving Klay Steph and Mo Speights more love .

From a purely emotional perspective, I don't think it's outrageous for a human being in a workplace to feel some type way about inferior co-workers getting more love/respect than them. This just happens to be a basketball player with national spotlight and media exposure.

You’d think KD would realize by now that he cant please everyone and make everyone like him. Yet he continues to play the victim.

The wildest thing with KD to me just observing how KD's career has played out; he's clearly been following Bron's blueprint in so many facets. How he didn't foresee any of the backlash initially from his decision is beyond me. I can see some of his frustration with the seemingly lack of praise after winning though because the media did to that for Bron even in Miami after he finally won. But he has brought a lot of this on himself.

From a purely emotional perspective, I don't think it's outrageous for a human being in a workplace to feel some type way about inferior co-workers getting more love/respect than them. This just happens to be a basketball player with national spotlight and media exposure.

Not every player responds with sensitivity the way he does though. Just look at how the Lakers players embrace Carusogawd. Why should a bit player getting cheers bother arguably the best player on the planet?

Not every player responds with sensitivity the way he does though. Just look at how the Lakers players embrace Carusogawd. Why should a bit player getting cheers bother arguably the best player on the planet?

I see your point here. I think what gets lost in the discussion is that while yes, KD joined a team that beat him the year prior, he had them dead to rights. I am NOT arguing that loss or justifying his move. Him and Russ choked and W's beat them straight up. HOWEVER, he had the GSW fans shook the season before he joined them and arguably could have eventually taken them out within the next three years but instead joined them which eliminated their biggest threat in the West and quite arguably the league.

Sucker move, Beta, Weak, Snake, etc. you want to call him but he did GSW a massive favor and they treated him like a side chick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom