THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been nice to see what bob meyers could do to retool the 2016 warriors. So many sliding doors in the 16 offseason.

Not that much, all things considered. Space would be the biggest obstacle because you'd likely have to build an enclosure around it unless you have a half-court or full-court worth of empty volume inside of your crib.

Sport Court Costs
If you want to build an indoor or outdoor basketball court, the total expense ranges from $11,000 on the low end, $35,000 on average and $76,000 on the high end for a size measuring 94' x 50'. These costs translate into a price of $3.50-$17 per square foot.

People love the ability to play a fun game with family and friends, right at home. A sport court might be perfect in an unused garage, detached addition or in your backyard. Installing an arena for a variety of sports is a detailed project that calls for a professional.

1586890471670.png

1586890492904.png

Link for reference: https://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/outdoor-living/basketball-sport-court/

Dudes on max deals not having their own half court is strange to me

Yep. Assuming a max of $30-35MM, the state, local (if applicable) and federal government all-in will take about 50% total from you in taxes so you're staring at $15-17 mill.

I don't know about agent costs...Is that 10% or higher/lower? Regardless, for the sake of conservatism, let's chop off $2MM meaning you're at $13-15MM.

It'll probably cost you no more than $1MM so 6-7% (max) of your net income for a year to build a home court. That % could furnish/build out a good home office for a corporate professional. The max guys could not only afford it but they'd get tangible value from it :lol: . Definitely a sound investment for their careers.

No matter how you guys want to frame it, the GSW fan base was never going to look at it as KD doing them some big favor because that group had already won a championship without him.

And that was the big elephant in the room this entire time.

And I think that’s really where KD miscalculated. Probably figured he’d get some heat initially, but then things would get forgiven when they won, like what (mostly) happened with LeBron in Miami. Probably also figured that with a ring he’d close in more on Bron in the best in the game convo. But it was never going to go that way for the reasons you said.

Yes, I am continuing to armchair psycho- analyze KD because I need a break from a tedious work project, it’s Coronatime and there’s not **** else going on.

Yep. Assuming a max of $30-35MM, the state, local (if applicable) and federal government all-in will take about 50% total from you in taxes so you're staring at $15-17 mill.

I don't know about agent costs...Is that 10% or higher/lower? Regardless, for the sake of conservatism, let's chop off $2MM meaning you're at $13-15MM.

It'll probably cost you no more than $1MM so 6-7% (max) of your net income for a year to build a home court. That % could furnish/build out a good home office for a corporate professional. The max guys could not only afford it but they'd get tangible value from it :lol: . Definitely a sound investment for their careers.

money aside, i don't think i'd want to come home from the gym just to have another gym there. a whole court seems excessive.

And I think that’s really where KD miscalculated. Probably figured he’d get some heat initially, but then things would get forgiven when they won, like what (mostly) happened with LeBron in Miami. Probably also figured that with a ring he’d close in more on Bron in the best in the game convo. But it was never going to go that way for the reasons you said.

Yes, I am continuing to armchair psycho- analyze KD because I need a break from a tedious work project, it’s Coronatime and there’s not **** else going on.

I don’t think any of what you said was too deep since it was at a high-level and most would agree with you. It’s just so odd to because the argument is that they won without him but they more recently lost without him. The alternative for GSW was re-signing HB who many people point to as the reason they lost in the first place. He drastically tipped the scales in GSW’s favor and their fanbase was and still is ungrateful for it.

money aside, i don't think i'd want to come home from the gym just to have another gym there. a whole court seems excessive.

That’s kind of why I priced it so high at $1MM. Ideally you would have an estate where the court is housed in a small facility detached from your home in the back or if you’re in the country with nothing near you, it could be like a half mile away but still on your property :lol: Mike Conley is in Columbus, OH so he might have this setup in his crib. I was honestly surprised CP’s was outdoor.

That’s kind of why I priced it so high at $1MM. Ideally you would have an estate where the court is housed in a small facility detached from your home in the back or if you’re in the country with nothing near you, it could be like a half mile away but still on your property :lol: Mike Conley is in Columbus, OH so he might have this setup in his crib. I was honestly surprised CP’s was outdoor.

I think a M is on the high side. And if you’re going to have an outdoor court, why not just make it indoor.

no reason why Ray J should have an indoor court and Giannis can’t even work on his game.

I don’t think any of what you said was too deep since it was at a high-level and most would agree with you. It’s just so odd to because the argument is that they won without him but they more recently lost without him. The alternative for GSW was re-signing HB who many people point to as the reason they lost in the first place. He drastically tipped the scales in GSW’s favor and their fanbase was and still is ungrateful for it.
Makes perfect sense.

GSW fans are just overall ungrateful people.

What also helped Lebron is that he lost initially, so he was able to build a rapport with Heat fans, and haters who gradually didn’t mind him winning the following season. KD instantly got a ring, and was pretty much a visitor his entire GSW tenure. That was Golden State Featuring Kevin Durant.

I think a M is on the high side. And if you’re going to have an outdoor court, why not just make it indoor.

no reason why Ray J should have an indoor court and Giannis can’t even work on his game.

Come to think of it...you’re really just building a separate, one floor, empty home with basketball equipment :lol: . You’re right, that is high but I just wanted to be conservative.

The Ray J/Giannis comment really put this all into perspective. I’m sure he has a home a Milwaukee but where does Giannis live in the off-season?

Come to think of it...you’re really just building a separate, one floor, empty home with basketball equipment :lol: . You’re right, that is high but I just wanted to be conservative.

The Ray J/Giannis comment really put this all into perspective. I’m sure he has a home a Milwaukee but where does Giannis live in the off-season?

Apartment complexes are throwing up indoor gyms left and right like it’s nothing.

Speaking of Jordan

tenor.gif

One of the GOAT athletes to ever live period but him being an all-world ******* is damn near common knowledge in the basketball world :lol:

Takes nothing away from him at all, that edge is part of what made him and someone like Ali such killers

Apartment complexes are throwing up indoor gyms left and right like it’s nothing.

Are you talking Texas or in general? Any time I get contacted about a job I look up local real estate and noticed quite a few luxury places had courts which was surprising to me. Must be a growing trend.

I can’t stand the short courts at all, though. Dudes always crowding the baseline/sideline to get next while putting up shots that can ruin the flow of fast break or Love/Zo-esque outlets:sick::smh:

Are you talking Texas or in general? Any time I get contacted about a job I look up local real estate and noticed quite a few luxury places had courts which was surprising to me. Must be a growing trend.

I can’t stand the short courts at all, though. Dudes always crowding the baseline/sideline to get next while putting up shots that can ruin the flow of fast break or Love/Zo-esque outlets:sick::smh:

I think it’s becoming a nation wide trend. You can build amenities fees in your rent with these new class A complexes. Even the class B apartments here in Dallas got nice indoor courts.

Everyone mentions Bob Myers and Ron Pelinka (and soon Leon Rose) among player agents turned GMs, but they always forget Lon Babby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom