THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s lots of examples of teams that were perceived to “struggle” through the regular season (relative to expectations) and were fine once the playoffs rolled around.

tenor.gif

Championship teams?? Idk man

Once again, regular season means nada, esp to the clips (Lakers too). Both of them won't catch Bucks for that overall 1st seed and both can easily beat any team in the West. In the WCF, the stands will be packed with Lakers fans tho. If the clippers lose, I fully expect Balmer to try to move them out of Staples. He will probably blame it on not having a "real" home court and played the entire series on the road.

I don't know, regular season is usually when teams figure themselves out, develop chemistry and also focus on seeding.

I feel like seeding is far less important this year than what it was the previous years.

To say that it doesn't matter at all is a major overstatement, and to say it's everything is another. It does matter for many different reasons.

Championship teams?? Idk man

Once again, regular season means nada, esp to the clips (Lakers too). Both of them won't catch Bucks for that overall 1st seed and both can easily beat any team in the West. In the WCF, the stands will be packed with Lakers fans tho. If the clippers lose, I fully expect Balmer to try to move them out of Staples. He will probably blame it on not having a "real" home court and played the entire series on the road.

They're in California.... Separate building or not, whenever they play the Lakers there's gonna be more Laker fans then Clippers fans.

And your semi correct about the regular season not mattering. I do believe seeding & actual records aren't that big of a deal for the Lakers & Clippers. but chemistry, roles, repetition and growth are the things good teams should worry about in the regular season.

It's already very rare that a team adds two star players to a brand new team & wins the first year.... it's gets exponentially more difficult when your two star players are consistently missing games throughout the year. You don't want to be figuring all this stuff out come playoff time.

There’s lots of examples of teams that were perceived to “struggle” through the regular season (relative to expectations) and were fine once the playoffs rolled around.

By fine, do you mean winning a chip? Because the only team I can think of that struggled and then won a chip was the Hakeem Rockets on their 2nd run.

The regular season definitely matters. A team outside of the top 4 has only won the title once, I believe. But for some teams, landing anywhere in the top 4 in the conference is probably good enough:

I feel like seeding is far less important this year than what it was the previous years.
In the West, LAL vs LAC seems inevitable whether it's in the Conference Semis or Conference Finals. Obviously there are going to be more Lakers fans no matter who has home court. Staying out of the 4/5 matchup is going to be huge too.

Seeding absolutely matters in the East. While MIL is running away with the 1 seed, 2-6 are all going to be very close, and several of those teams have been SIGNIFICANTLY better at home than on the road. 4/5 matchup is also something that is going to want to be avoided.

Every year when teams disappoint you always hear them talk about how they didn't have a full training camp, couldn't build chemistry because of injuries etc and just didn't have time to gel. Is it possible the clippers could overcome all that as well as not having HCA in any round...plus another inevitable roster move? Sure. But that's not typically what championship seasons look like

By fine, do you mean winning a chip? Because the only team I can think of that struggled and then won a chip was the Hakeem Rockets on their 2nd run.

Championship or making the Finals. Another example is the 2002-2003 Lakers. They “only” won 50 games during the regular season and were perceived as vulnerable in the playoffs, but still won it all. LeBron’s last couple of Cleveland teams had so-so regular seasons and still got to the Finals.

Championship or making the Finals. Another example is the 2002-2003 Lakers. They “only” won 50 games during the regular season and were perceived as vulnerable in the playoffs, but still won it all. LeBron’s last couple of Cleveland teams had so-so regular seasons and still got to the Finals.

03? spurs won. 04, ***** *** pistons. cheated.

I remember every single loss we've taken because each day was the worst day of my sports fan life.

How many teams in the past you thought could have won the championship if they had a higher seed (home court advantage) in the playoffs?

That’s cause LeBron didn’t have to play anybody of his caliber In The east

Kawhi doesn’t have that luxury in the West

is there a single move right now the clippers can make that make them instantly better?

Would Collison make them better?

or is it not talent? is there problem the load management and lack of chemistry because of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom