The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by cartune

These dudes turned down 7 mill from Jimmy Iovine

I mean you talking about **!**!$# on the majors.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I get the idea that he wants to be one of the greats instead of "making it" so that doesn't surprise me.
He coulda been signed comfortably after HOB
Meanwhile Asap over here fabricating numbers on his contract
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I find it hard to believe he actually turned down 7 million…come on,

I could see it, I mean its not like dude is broke...right?

damn even my pops likes the weeknd now
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Since cartune is in the industry.....Im sure he isnt lying. eeeek
Not saying he's lying, but figures are often misconstrued and/or blown out of proportion

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Why would anyone give this guy 7M?
laugh.gif

THIS! and im a big fan

didnt drake only get like 1-2 million when he 1st signed?

hell 50 only got 1 million with all the buzz he had.

I heard it through a couple of sources. Just saying what I heard.

Found this on twitter search Folk is credible too. He said 5 I heard 7. maybe he got offered 7 after the 5 who knows

@DJFolk
DJ FOLK
why people tripping about asap deal? like the weeknd turned down 5 from interscope...quietly labels throwing $$$ out here u just dont know

Again, why? Someone explain this to me. I see absolutely no reason to give this artist that kind of money. Has he even toured and sold out big venues? What has he done? Mixtape download numbers are inherently inflated.

Again, why? Someone explain this to me. I see absolutely no reason to give this artist that kind of money. Has he even toured and sold out big venues? What has he done? Mixtape download numbers are inherently inflated.
Gotta admit, his hype is increasing exponentially. $7M is absolutely absurd but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was trying to get him for about $2M (same amount Drake got). He's the hottest free agent in the game right now.

7 mill is believable, dudes talking about gaga or bieber only gets that money? Na they'd get more.
The Weeknd would be a good investment, he's got his own team to do all of his $#%! so they wouldn't really have to do anything but market him.
Sony gave Kreayshawn a milly off of a video, Labels are desperate.

Im telling you all...Its the hype plus drakes cosign....

Dude hasnt done 1 interview and has the world on his nuts ....He's done what ....3 shows???.....

I have a feeling he will take a deal after echoes drops.

But probably with drake. and they will start an OVOXO label.

When you are an independent artist and have such artist as Florence and the Machines and Lady Gaga reaching out to you for work and you have a co-sign from Drake. He is doing something right. Look at the buzz The Weeknd has and he hasn't even released a video, did an interview or went on tour. Labels are looking at what The Weeknd can become once he starts touring, doing interviews and making music videos.

7m is OD come on.

Y'all can't believe that's legit. And even if it was true, who the hell is he to turn down 7M. What's he waiting for, a 10M+ deal?

Originally Posted by franchise3

7m is OD come on.

Y'all can't believe that's legit. And even if it was true, who the hell is he to turn down 7M. What's he waiting for, a 10M+ deal?

nah, hes prolly just in no rush to sign.  he does have on of the biggest names in the game co-signing him, ya know.

Plus the money should mean little if the deal isn't exactly what he's looking for in terms of ownership of masters, percent of album sales he'll make, getting a deal for Omari, etc.

Back
Top Bottom