The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So Drake gets 2M and The Weeknd could get 7M... crack is a helluva drug. Something's off with those numbers. W/e. Good for him.
I can see Kreayshawn getting a mil because female artists in hip-hop/pop-hop are rare and female artists in general seem to sell (teenage girls). 25 million YouTube views for one video had to help. The Weeknd hasn't broken 3M on any YouTube video.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So Drake gets 2M and The Weeknd could get 7M... crack is a helluva drug. Something's off with those numbers. W/e. Good for him.
I can see Kreayshawn getting a mil because female artists in hip-hop/pop-hop are rare and female artists in general seem to sell (teenage girls). 25 million YouTube views for one video had to help. The Weeknd hasn't broken 3M on any YouTube video.

As someone said in another thread, just because the $ given in one deal is higher doesn't mean it's necessarily a better deal. Better to keep your masters, publishing, etc than get a higher $ amount up front.

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

The weeknd has no official videos ^^

Word? Why did he make a cameo in the "what you need" video?

People are so stupid. If he had an official video why wouldn't he be pushing it?
30t6p3b.gif

It would be on his website, his youtube channel, his tumblr, TV, EVERYTHING.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Lol. Kinda looks like him

Hopefully The Ride comes out soon. Crew Love makes me sad, it's not enough Weeknd. Lol

It IS him
laugh.gif
. But I feel like he had his moments to shine between Crew Love and Good Ones Go.

I didn't notice how much I listened to The Weeknd until I stopped listening. This past week of so much music I haven't listened to the Weeknd. That's the 1st time I went a week without the Weeknd since I discovered HOB
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I didn't notice how much I listened to The Weeknd until I stopped listening. This past week of so much music I haven't listened to the Weeknd. That's the 1st time I went a week without the Weeknd since I discovered HOB
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

The weeknd has no official videos ^^

Word? Why did he make a cameo in the "what you need" video?

People are so stupid. If he had an official video why wouldn't he be pushing it?
30t6p3b.gif

It would be on his website, his youtube channel, his tumblr, TV, EVERYTHING.

exactly....plus dude isnt even in that video
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's him in the video. It's from '08-'09 if I'm not mistaken. Homes has a song with Gaga now 
pimp.gif
. Dudes fan base is about to quadruple, added to the fact that damn near everyone loves Crew Love. Happy for dude, but low key irritated that all my *#+$+@ all of a sudden realize that HOB and Thursday are great, after I've tried to put them on for months.

The Weeknd has more potential than Drake has imo, so him getting more on a deal is reasonable, especially when the R&B game is pretty much dead compared to how it used to be. 
I can't see Drake getting bigger than he is already,  he's becoming over-saturated.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

That's him in the video. It's from '08-'09 if I'm not mistaken. Homes has a song with Gaga now 
pimp.gif
. Dudes fan base is about to quadruple, added to the fact that damn near everyone loves Crew Love. Happy for dude, but low key irritated that all my *#+$+@ all of a sudden realize that HOB and Thursday are great, after I've tried to put them on for months.

I was talking about that what you need joint
laugh.gif

Not that gross one
sick.gif

A bassline and some chords would've helped The Ride, Weeknd's background voice is dope but it gets repetitive.
Drake was spiting though.

Back
Top Bottom