The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nothing will ever compare to the experience and the ride surounding anticipating, and listening to the fist three mixtapes for the first time but yea, Kissland has long been his magnum opus.

Last edited:
Bruhs, I took an unintentional hiatus from Kiss Land, and pretty much all Weeknd music. I've never done that before. But the end result of that was KL giving me g goosebumps.

The Town may be one of my favorite tracks ever. Production is out of this world. Then Adaptation :x :x :pimp:.

I been on a Weeknd detox for like 2 weeks now. Been listening to a lot of 90's ****. Aaron Hall, R Kelly, Jodeci, Maxwell. I might break at any day now.

Just came from the Tampa show. Haven't seen him since Oct 2012 in Austin. Boy the young gawd has grown into a monster. Selling out sports arenas. It's too crazy.

Also the amount of quality unknown yambs this dude brings out is OD. Had me confused looking at certain joints like why I ain't never seen you before and the city got this many bad joints?

Also the amount of people who don't know Prior BBTM. Birds be knowing the BBTM singles and that's it. Talking about I love The Weeknd. SMH looking at me confused while I'm spazzing at High For This, The Party, and Professional.

Also the amount of people who don't know Prior BBTM. Birds be knowing the BBTM singles and that's it. Talking about I love The Weeknd. SMH looking at me confused while I'm spazzing at High For This, The Party, and Professional.
It's crazy how much the crowd affects a performance. 

As good as he is performing, and as amazing as those tracks are, at Oracle it was like the crowd just completely sucked the life out of those specific tracks you mentioned and almost everything else pre BBTM (except Wicked Games). 

Had me hitting the Nick Young face, like damn, that's NOT how this is supposed to feel right now. 
mean.gif

I'm almost glad it was half BBTM because that energy was insane. 

Last edited:
Nothing will ever compare to the experience and the ride surounding anticipating, and listening to the fist three mixtapes for the first time but yea, Kissland has long been his magnum opus.
Son...

Do you realize how tragic it is that most people (including The Weeknd himself) do not realize this 
mean.gif

Word it's crazy that even the man himself doesn't appreciate the greatness that is Kiss Land.

I'm sure he does, it's just that the general reception and lack of critical acclaim of it he doesn't enjoy

Kissland is pure artistry
Bbtm is kind of fluff

But the greater population likes fluff more

Last edited:
Live for :x that song was so bad. Drake tried to save it but nah chorus just killed it. When you hear the beginning you think it's gonna be live *** song too :smh:

Y'all kill me lol
I legit can't think of a bad song from him but then again I haven't listened to the 2014 stuff in a while
I just appreciate the music no matter what
And I mean, live for is an OK song, but it's even better to listen to when you get into the college of your dreams :lol:

Last edited:
From all the festivals he's done this year along with the Madness tour, that boy probably tired as hell.

EOS :pimp:

The wait for it :smh:

After this dropped, only played Abel for like 2 months straight, no lie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom