The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
EOS
pimp.gif

The wait for it
mean.gif

After this dropped, only played Abel for like 2 months straight, no lie.
Yup 
pimp.gif
. Echoes of Silence turns 4 today!

The_Weeknd_Echoes_Of_Silence-front-large.jpg

SO many great tracks. 
sick.gif

• 1.D.D.
    icon-play-circle.png
    icon-downloads-circle.png
  • 2.Montreal
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 3.Outside
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 4.XO / The Host
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 5.Initiation
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 6.Same Old Song
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 7.The Fall
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 8.Next
    icon-play-circle.png
  • 9.Echoes Of Silence

Last edited:
EoS would've been perfect if it didn't have DD and Montreal on it.

Dead srs. :smokin

Last edited:
I vaguely remember you saying you weren't rocking with DD before, but what is this Montreal talk?

You got me ready to disregard the simple concept of subjectivity and catch this red eye to Atlanta, my ___ :lol:

He did his thing on Dirty Diana. I remember listening to EOS at 4 the morning when I was going to the mall to get the Concords. I remember thinking "Damn this _ did it again".

Last edited:
Trippin :lol:

DD specifically, and by extension EOS, was a turning point in his career. DD the intro was one of his first bonafied "**** you" moments. :lol:

The categorical self belief to not only open your project with a cover like that, but actually back it up and murk a classic the way he did was absolutely insane at the time. :pimp:

I still remember the reactions in this very thread. Dudes were in disbelief at the audacity, and the execution.

Last edited:
:lol: I've never rocked with Montreal. I remember playing EoS that night it released. I immediately skipped DD as soon as I realized it was a cover of Dirty Diana (you don't give a kid a sharpie and let him doodle on the Mona Lisa). Then when Montreal played, I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the rest of the album because he'd air balled on the first two tracks. But the last 7 were amazing. Deleted DD from iTunes and always skipped Montreal when it came around. :lol: :smokin

:lol: I've never rocked with Montreal. I remember playing EoS that night it released. I immediately skipped DD as soon as I realized it was a cover of Dirty Diana (you don't give a kid a sharpie and let him doodle on the Mona Lisa). Then when Montreal played, I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the rest of the album because he'd air balled on the first two tracks. But the last 7 were amazing. Deleted DD from iTunes and always skipped Montreal when it came around. :lol: :smokin

It sounds like you never even gave it a chance which explains everything. :lol:

I'm as big an MJ fan as they come and generally HATE any and every cover with the exception of Mariah Carey (I'll Be There) & DD. It helps that the song itself is a subject akin to Weeknd's style, but the XO signature production helped to make it different enough as well. I thought it was a great homage, which was only acceptable from da young gawd.

EOS in many ways is his most refined mixtape. Montreal is dope. Son up there bugged, but we all make mistakes.

Here goes Blink & his periodical rustling of the jimmies in regards to Weeknd tracks he doesn't like :smh: :lol:

I know you don't rock with DD, KOTF & the greatness that is TITR but this disdain towards Montreal :x

Quite frankly, I'm appalled.

"...baby I'm a pro at letting go, I love it when they come and gooo"

Somebody come get they mans :smh:

Last edited:
Now that the year is over where do you guys have BBTM on your year end list? This is the first time a Weeknd album isn't my number 1 album when he's dropped one. It's in my 8-15 range.

:rofl: Still funny. I haven't figured out if he walked into a dark room or what?

"Who hurt this N__?" :lol:

Now that the year is over where do you guys have BBTM on your year end list? This is the first time a Weeknd album isn't my number 1 album when he's dropped one. It's in my 8-15 range.

The recycle bin :lol:

The hills, often, earned it, acquainted, tell your friends, the only songs I rock with.

Back
Top Bottom