The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I know a 4 yr old who knows CFMF by heart. Which makes me ponder the question... Chapter 5: Kidz Bop 800?
Chill 
laugh.gif

Ok after 1st listen.

It isn't wack lol

The sounds are still there. Shameless has the guitar solo. In the Night has that 80s night rider feel that KissLand reminded me of before I fell in love with it. (Took me like two months and it's now my favorite Weeknd project). As You Are is cool, a little slow and underproduced for my liking but the end is incredible but I'm still wanting for more. I'm one of the only people not in love with the Ye track.

The singles are still great, considering the theme of this album Earned it actually fits more than ICFMF & Often lol. Prisoner should have a crazy drop too, not sure how that got overlooked I don't get Lana on this track but this is one of those tracks to keep your festival longevity up.

That Ed Sheeran song doesn't deserved to be called Dark Times. Need to be called Mild Times. 530PM in the Summer Times. Bad but it wasn't really that bad Times. God I hate that song.

Angel was cool before that choir. And I hate I read the Celine Dion comment in here cause that's all I can think about LOL

Overall I give it a 6.5/10

It can still grow and be better and I'm sure the live show will raise it at least 1 point. But this ain't IT. I hope this brings Weeknd new fans and all the fame in the world so that it becomes overwhelming and he turns into Vinny Chase Entourage Season 7. I just want Abel back man, I listened to Kiss Land twice a day leading up to this and was so excited cause that album had everything. Old, growth, better writing, production was more grand. Perfect example of growing a sound few artists do. But it would be unrealistic for an artist to start their career with 5 classics so I'm not doubting Weeknd can come with an even better album next time. I just feel like when Neo didn't make that jump in the Matrix. I thought he could never miss a step.

"Bad but it wasn't really that bad Times" :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I kinda love this album though. Like...a lot. My only criticism is Often being on there. And I love Often.

Cant rock with those calling this a pop album. If this is pop, then I been missing out. There's only 2 - 3 songs that can be considered pop.

Cant rock with those calling this a pop album. If this is pop, then I been missing out. There's only 2 - 3 songs that can be considered pop.
It's not standard pop. He put his twist on it for sure. He brought in major pop producers and was definitely going for that specific sound (IMO)

I do wonder which songs will catch on with the radio. What are you guys' guesses as which songs he pushes as the next singles?

Dark Times is my guess. To me that is a very poppy song

Last edited:
It's not standard pop. He put his twist on it for sure. He brought in major pop producers and was definitely going for that specific sound (IMO)

I do wonder which songs will catch on with the radio. What are you guys' guesses as which songs he pushes as the next singles?

As you are or Tell Your Friends.

The Dark Times slander smh. That ish is flames. Honestly if the whole album had that Real Life + Dark Times vibe instead of songs like ITN and CFMF (which I ain't mad at those songs). I think it would've been accepted among his core fan base more. Obviously we all want more stuff like The Hills & Tell Your Friends. But new sound wise I don't think it woulda been perceived so negatively.

I'd guess Dark Times as well. I could see In The Night doing well too

Been spinning this since last night. It's a good album. Definitely his weakest effort but solid nonetheless.

As for possible joints pushed to radio, definitely "In The Night" as well as "Dark Times" and "Prisoner" for the features alone especially since Lana is dropping her **** next month. That smooth cross-promotion :lol:

Sidenote: The transition from "Acquainted" to "Cant Feel My Face" :smokin

Last edited:
The Ed Sheran song will be pushed whether they want to or not.

Came around on it, I like it more today than I did yesterday

I'd give this a 7.5-8/10 (maybe giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it's not like I'm writing him off...still better quality then half the crap out there)
More commercial sound, but the dark lyrics are still there.
I wonder what track they push next , might be the Ed sheeran song due to his name value
I mean that'll only increase spins and sales

Last edited:
Tell Your Friends is just great production. I'm not a huge fan of it as a Weeknd song, similarly to KOTF. The Hills, Often, Shameless, Acquainted, and Prisoner are more the sound I was hoping for.

Last edited:
So it sounds like the transition is complete. I'll still give it a spin though, I got low expectations so I can be as openminded as possible :lol:

That fan video feels real forced though....especially my man with the lighter having an emotional breakdown in the middle of the room.

Back
Top Bottom