The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I been a lil out the loop.
Y'all dudes listening to the full album or is it just the 18 minute preview y'all been rocking with?

Same, bumping the full album.  Buying it when the time comes as well and just have it playing it in my store.  Might have to get the clean version though.... 

yeah right lol 
devil.gif

I used to really hate it, now it's just like whatever. It's beyond strange to hear the **** playing EVERYWHERE though. Bars, clubs, the gym, cars playing it, sports arenas, radio etc...

I still can't believe that out of all the fire he's put out, it's that song that goes #1.

**** is honestly not even in his top 20. :lol:

Just shows how much **** is about timing, having Earned It in 50 Shades Of Grey really lead things playing out as they have.

Last edited:
I still can't believe that out of all the fire he's put out, it's that song that goes #1.

**** is honestly not even in his top 20.
laugh.gif

Just shows how much **** is about timing, having Earned It in 50 Shades Of Grey really lead things playing out as they have.
Regarding the timing, I've been wondering if things turned out differently, would the mainstream have hailed Kiss Land if certain aspects of his rise were tweaked? Or if say Trilogy/the tapes came out now instead of years ago, I really wonder about how things would be. It's a little trippy

I agree with the premise. Timing really is everything 

Last edited:
What's funny is...most you guys complaining hated kiss land when it came out and it was trash

Now this drops and kiss land is suddenly a masterpiece to everyone.

And people keep talking about substance like weeknd has been some lyrical genius. He never was. This is a really good album and it's great to hear him on some new sounds.

The problem is comparing it to things when there's nothing to compare it to. Setting yourself up
It really doesn't matter what most ppl thought of KL upon its release, but you cannot say that "all of a sudden" crap cuz the consensus 'round these parts is that KL is flames.

But you called The Birds a pop song so....

IF THE BIRDS ISNT A POP SONG THEN WHAT IS IT????

Sounds pretty pop to me...it's definitely not r&b, and the instrumentation definitely isn't dark. The cadences and sound of the song are straight POP. Fight me :lol:

Please tell me what the birds is if it isn't pop

Also after giving the album 2 more listens just chilling/in the car this is cold. He has elements from every era on this album and some experimental/new sounds. Proud of the kid.

Last edited:
So I know a 4 yr old who knows CFMF by heart. Which makes me ponder the question... Chapter 5: Kidz Bop 800?

Back
Top Bottom