The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks again to @knappps for helping me out
pimp.gif

Album is pretty decent to me.  Definitely geared more toward the mainstream fans, but not as "pop" as I thought it would be.  I will say this though, "Angel" has no business being on the same album as "The Hills"
mean.gif

Lana Del Rey was
pimp.gif
on Prisoner.

The Hills is still the best track on the album
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I feel like the put this out for people like who are lost.  

People like who believe they moved on and isn't about the lifestyle but really hasn't truly moved on.  Bits and pieces that you touch but not as frequently like you used to. 
devil.gif

I wasn't. Still hasn't moved me like the trilogy.
I need to stop doing that **** but man the weekends get me when i go out. I played the album front to back about 3 times or so today and all of the songs I like are still very
pimp.gif
but the songs I didn't like on the album are still buns to me (ie loser, in the night, earn it,). Real is ok i'm iffy on that song

Some reason I'm praying this leak not the real album, like it's all the throwaway tracks. Abel wouldn't do this to us, he just can't.

I was gonna give my cousin the CD because I know he's a semi new Weeknd fan, but I just felt in my heart that this dude should get a real introduction. I don't think he has any of the tapes nor any of his features. To just give him BBTM would be a tragedy considering he's single and just looking to have a good time

To be hesitant to give someone his work is just sad..... it shouldn't be like this... I hope in a two years for his next album he gives us something to truly cherish

not gonna lie wasn't expecting much from the ed sheerran track. but feeling it on the first listen.
album way better then kissland. :nerd:

What's funny is...most you guys complaining hated kiss land when it came out and it was trash

Now this drops and kiss land is suddenly a masterpiece to everyone.

And people keep talking about substance like weeknd has been some lyrical genius. He never was. This is a really good album and it's great to hear him on some new sounds.

The problem is comparing it to things when there's nothing to compare it to. Setting yourself up

This entire album is flames .
Easily my favorite project from him sonically speaking .

I'm glad he stopped sounding so whiny , sound like he finally got some yambs .

FLAME SUIT ACTIVATED .

Last edited:
What's funny is...most you guys complaining hated kiss land when it came out and it was trash

Now this drops and kiss land is suddenly a masterpiece to everyone.

And people keep talking about substance like weeknd has been some lyrical genius. He never was. This is a really good album and it's great to hear him on some new sounds.

The problem is comparing it to things when there's nothing to compare it to. Setting yourself up
It really doesn't matter what most ppl thought of KL upon its release, but you cannot say that "all of a sudden" crap cuz the consensus 'round these parts is that KL is flames.

But you called The Birds a pop song so....

I loved kissland on first listen. But now it's hard to sit thru the whole thing.

Wanderlust is a super skip now

This album sucks today. It's gon suck tommorow too :smh:

After reading that Rolling Stone article I've come to the conclusion that Republic & Max Martin brainwashed dude

bbtm.   i like this album alot...kiss land was my shh too

kiss land was next level. this is gonna a lot of replay too though

Tell ya friend is clearly the best song after listening to it again. Only one I truly love first listen

Back
Top Bottom