The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
album is trash. looks like we've lost another great artist who got a little taste of mainstream success and decided to go all the way in it.

Will report back tomorrow after these shrooms wear off with my second opinion
Lol 
roll.gif

This album's production just further validates the fact that they laced the kid with straight HEAT on KL.

I need them shrieks back in my life |I

You ain't ever lie.

I loved GBIT90s. But after playing Aquainted a couple of times, I like it. I know we all want to tack GBIT90s on right after, but it's basically 9 minutes of saying the same thing, with a couple words swapped out.

A lot of people like As You Are. Maybe this will be Pretty to me. Didn't like it all at first. Maybe it is a grower.

ITN still wack to me :lol:

Aquainted + Prisoner + Angel. Big 3 for me.

The biggest thing about this album, there's really no cohesiveness, really. From his mixtapes to KL, there were transitions and just a flow to everything. BBTM really is, a little all over the place. Often and Earned It are good songs, but it's like road bumps on this joint.

Last edited:
idk if it's cause of the oxy I took to ease the pain for my yeezys but this album is straight flames.  have it on shuffle and it just goes so well.

My lil summary: Overall, I'm feeling it. I'm convinced I'll never be let down by the boy. He'd have to give an album full of Wanderlusts' to do that.
Real Life - A pretty cool intro in my book. The content is something most of us are familar with. Abel isn't the type to settle down and how his mom doesn't approve of his savage lifestyle. Similar to his verse in The Fall. Perfect introduction from the boy to new fans. 4.5 / 5.

Losers - Not really feeling this track. On second listen, not as bad as it was when I first heard it, but still not feeling it. I believe he's saying that he made it on his own so why does he need her And now that he made it alone, now he's coming from the throne. 2/5 for now.

Tell Your Friends - Reminds me of Often and KOTF in the way he's just skatin on the beat. Beat so ****** smooth. I was hooked on first listen. Wouldn't mind if Ye sang the verse in the background. But cool little track chronicling his life how it is at the moment to how it was when he was homeless. Standout track for me. 5/5

Often - We all know bout this song. Liked it then, liked it now. 5/5

The Hills - We know bout this one as well. Easily in my top 5, maybe top 3, favorite songs of his. Seems to be the song that transitions into the back half of the album in which he seems to have fallen in love with this chick he's with.  5.5 / 5.

Acquainted - Cool song about him falling for someone. Should've kept Girls Born In The 90's on the end though. That transition was great. I'm sure somebody gon hook that up tho. 4 /5.

Can't Feel My Face - Many don't feel this song, but I ***** with it. Groovy as hell. 5/5.

Shameless - Like this song. For some reason, I feel this could fit somewhere on the trilogy . 4/5

Earned It - First time listening to the song in full. Thought I wouldn't like it due to the reception being negative here, but I like it. 4/5.

In The Night - Ok song. It kinda doesn't fit on the album so far at this point. It tells somewhat of a story, but it feels like a song to sing along to for no reason. This one will probably grow on me. 3/5

As You Are - I really feel this song. Just a little smooth, mellow song. Another standout for me. 5/5

Dark Times - Cool song. Didn't know how this would turn out, but it came out quite cool. 4/5

Prisoner - Feeling this song. Love how the beat drops when the hook comes in. Probably knocks with some decent headphones. 4.5/5

Angel - Nice outro for the album saying how if they don't work out, in which they won't, that he hopes she finds somebody. Was interesting, someone elses interpretation was that since Abel has changed his styles, he hopes that if his old fan leave that they find somebody else to listen to. But it's a pretty great closer for me. 4/5

I don't know ya'll, I really like this album. This seems like the opposite of KL in a way in which that album was fully dark in a way, which was reflective of how he was living at the time. At this moment, he's at the top, or close to it, and seems a bit happy which is why this album isn't as dark, except for the last 3 tracks. And ya'll trippin on calling this a pop album. There's only two songs on here that can be considered pop songs. ICFMF and In The Night, There's only two tracks I'm not feeling on this but there's always been one track on every project of his that I don't like so that's not a big deal for me. He seems to have focused on making better songs on this album, in which KL had better songwriting. My personal preference is better songs, so that may be why I like this album more than KL. To grade it, I'd give it a 4.5 / 5. May  not match up with my grades, but **** it. I really like the album, and it's only gonna get better with each listen since I listened while reading the lyrics.

Standouts:

Tell Your Friends
Often
The Hills
Can't Feel My Face
As You Are

My rankings of his projects: Thursday > HOB > BBTM > KL > EOS

Last edited:
Just downloaded and went straight to Tell your friends

Kanye the genius laced him with such a smooth beat 
pimp.gif
 Abel skating on this joint

Soooooooooo was the ending of Angel a lil message to the OG fans?

Last edited:
Album is kinda...basic. I'm gonna run through it a few more times. I think I would've enjoyed more if I hadn't already listened to all those singles, because those songs are some of the best tracks, now they're stale for me.

Tell Your Friends is getting heavy repeat though.

Back
Top Bottom