The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its not even slander tho, its a good track. But whoever thought "hey let's give em a taste of gbit90s but at the last second go into a totally different song. They'll love that $#%&" needs to be shot. I'm thinking something just didn't get cleared in time and they axed it.

As soon as I get home I'm gonna make my own version with both.

The kicker is that in the outro he is literally singing Girls In the 90's... why not just transition into that song, it was completely finished, it would have taken zero effort 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Why can I see Celine Dion singing Angel? 
roll.gif
for real not eem playin, she would write that type of stuff, the production even sound like David Foster made it. At the end he got like a kid gospel group singing in the back ground, another thing Dion would do 
laugh.gif

I still like it though 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Just had "the talk" via FaceTime with my girl where I broke the news about moving to Seattle and Dark Times plays. I didn't catch the "this ain't the right time for you to fall in love with me" line. The feels over this tequila/orange juice now. :smh:

Why can I see Celine Dion singing Angel? :rofl: for real not eem playin, she would write that type of stuff, the production even sound like David Foster made it. At the end he got like a kid gospel group singing in the back ground, another thing Dion would do :lol:

I still like it though :smh:  
:smh:

Facepalmed when I heard this. That's like super-pop right there :lol:. Would've never in a million years expected to hear that in a Weeknd song.

I'm with the half of you that say let the young fella cook!  He's spent his whole career so far with the creepy drug/sex NC17 stuff, let him reach out and be the next household name in the game.  Even for Losers, the beat still knocks pretty hard!  If I had one complaint, I'd make earned it, the hills, often, etc bonus tracks so that we'd have 12-13 completely NEW tracks to vibe to.  Otherwise, solid effort as his first go around to the newly EARNED fanbase

++ on a sidenote, who hears the Fetty Wap "baby wont you come my wAaAaAayyyyy" flow in Angel haha

Last edited:
Just to be certain, nobody has this CDQ correct? I feel like Tell Your Friends would be that much better. The grainy sound gives it a good throwback feel though

Last edited:
Just to be certain, nobody has this CDQ correct? I feel like Tell Your Friends would be that much better. The grainy sound gives it a good throwback feel though
You mean this BBTM leak? The leak floating around is CDQ. It was ripped from the retail CD with VBR compression. That's pretty much what you'd get if you downloaded it from iTunes directly.

You won't get much better unless it's a FLAC rip or just listening to it straight from the disc.

Last edited:
Mine says its 245 (VBR), some are 260 (VBR), not sure if that's what you guys have too? I'm not sure what VBR means

Last edited:
Mine says its 245 (VBR), some are 260 (VBR), not sure if that's what you guys have too? I'm not sure what VBR means
Yeah VBR means "variable bit rate". It fluctuates depending on what's in the file sonically. So the bitrate will vary song to song.

Last edited:
Forgot about the kid choir part. Like....what? I'm happy that y'all are happy with this.

I can't get jiggy to this.

My initial reaction to KL was a familiar/unfamiliar feeling.

BBTM:
99757-little-girl-wtf-gif-Imgur-7LhZ.gif

Cohesion, as of now, I'm not seeing it. And again, most of the production hasn't impressed. This was in the whip though. I need a chance to vibe with the headphones.

How dare you ...

Kissland garnered similar reactions, then most came around.
This aint the same 
tired.gif

I wish it was, but it's not. His singular focus was to make it a pop album. Pop producers, pop features, pop lyrics. I don't foresee this becoming a similar outcome as Kiss Land, where he was really going for it (his ultimate unique sound) in terms of production and song structure.

With BBTH he accomplished his goal, there's nothing for me to hate on tbh, he was trying for this exact result

Last edited:
A

This aint the same 
tired.gif

I wish it was, but it's not. His singular focus was to make it a pop album. Pop producers, pop features, pop lyrics. I don't foresee this becoming a similar outcome as Kiss Land, where he was really going for it (his ultimate unique sound) in terms of production and song structure.

With BBTH he accomplished his goal, there's nothing for me to hate on tbh, he was trying for this exact result
I agree with most of this and with most of what yall are saying. If you wanted that savegery its there just in little doses. If you are transitioning past the savage stage this is gonna resonate more. Either way its not touching KL... 

Shameless, Tell Your Friends, Prisoner and Losers are my fav tracks. Shameless been on repeat for a while now actually. The rest are cool. And then the repeats and mainstream/pop songs and ANGEL can ****. Angel is just straight wtf, 90's Top Gun soundtrack trash. I never even got to the end to hear the kids singing 
mean.gif

Overall, its decent. But I cant overdose on this XO like I did with previous material.

Back
Top Bottom