The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rearranging the tracks around makes the album feel less scattered imo...

Prisoner
The Hills
Often
Acquainted
Girls Born In The 90s
Tell Your Friends
Dark Times
Real Life
Shameless
In The Night
Can't Feel My Face
Losers (or delete it, honestly this track just feels outta place)
Earned It
As You Are
Angel

Last edited:
Prisoner. :x

You all can't tell me that 2011 Weeknd isn't present on this album. Joint could've fit perfectly on EoS. :smh:

Im disgusted that acquainted didnt transition into girls in the 90s....

absolutely disgusted...

Last edited:
Prisoner.
sick.gif

You all can't tell me that 2011 Weeknd isn't present on this album. Joint could've fit perfectly on EoS.
mean.gif
Yup really like prisoner.

but damn Loser and In The night was straight doo doo

Second full spin on far better speakers. I'm afraid I can't agree with the disdain for this album. I'm feeling it, man. As I said earlier, he's catering to two different audiences now. It's not ideal for those of us who have been riding this wave for the past four years, but things change. We all knew dude had potential. I think he did a good job at finding a balance between satisfying the older crowd along with the new bandwagon folks.

Don't get me wrong, some songs are wack. But I've always been able to listen to dude's music objectively and call a spade a spade. Losers has a cool beat, but he let a feature outshine him. For the first time ever, I think I'd like a version with his part edited out. :lol:

The only tracks I can honestly say I don't care for are:
Losers
Earned It (not because it's a terrible song, but for obvious/outdated reasons)
As you were

Everything else is solid in my book. Ever since KL, I've accepted that he wouldn't produce bodies of work where I love every single track. This is no different. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ages, as well as where it ranks in his body of work. Again, I did myself a service by going in with no expectations. I didn't want to convince myself that we'd be transported back to the days of the trilogy, not did I want to believe that he'd put some blonde in his dreads and go too pop (shoutout to the #FutureHive). It was a solid project in my opinion. Looking forward to the tour.

Long live Mood Music. :smokin

Decent at best, kissland was solid. I'll chalk it up to the "sophomore" jinx...

I'm mad at the weak transitions on this album doe, the transition into earned it: instastoneface.

I don't know mans, I listened to the whole thing on the way home from work and I actually really like it.

I went into it expecting a full on pop album like the rolling stone article described but it's far from that. It's definitely a different sound then og weeknd but the contents still there.

Off the first listen I sort of feel like this album just fits where my life's at though just like how I discovered the mixtapes when I was way more reckless. And now just trying to focus and grow my professional life or growing up or whatever while suppressing but still embracing that savage side.

Also surprised at how cohesive the album is, I mean it's not perfect but it actually flows well together.

Last edited:
Production alone is so dope. I'm stuck on a few tracks I keep listening too. Prisoners and acquaintanced and tell your friends.

The only thing wrong with Acquainted is that it doesn't transition fully into GBIT90s. The production on that joint is amazing. Probably my favorite "new" song on the album. I don't think I'll be able to tolerate any more slander of that track.

Last edited:
On first listen I like about half of the tracks :\

I'd love to hear more of him singing over simple stripped down loops like Tell Your Friends tho

With all that being said if I don't end up doing anything tonight I'll mix acquainted and in the 90s together for yall. Haven't used pro tools in a minute but I feel like it needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom