The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kiss land delivered. Just wonder how it will hold up as time carries on.

You all think it'll still be that deal in a year or two like HoB and Thursday?

It will def hold its own weight in the future. Personally, even though its a bit glossier than its previous releases, there are some songs on there that i will play till im dead. However, i dont think its as a significant as HOB/Thursday/EchoesofSilence are, Those albums are very unique and imho, are genre defying and landmark pieces of music not only within the genre of R&B. I do love that abel keeps progressing and hopefully going into the direction he wants, i feel if you know someone who likes more straightforward easier to digest side of abel, Kiss land would be the one to recommend. Personally i think any good music is easy to digest, whether it be sad, happy, slow, fast, good music is undeniable but lets face it, most people that **** with R&B just **** with pop stuff.

Kiss land delivered. Just wonder how it will hold up as time carries on.

You all think it'll still be that deal in a year or two like HoB and Thursday?
Yea. I've already played it as much as those two in just two months according to iTunes. 

Kiss Land finally starting to grow on me
laugh.gif
Came in here to post this 

Wasn't feeling it nearly as much as the mixtapes tbh, and I felt ashamed. A few weeks back I gave it a spin in the car and finally made that connection. Haven't stopped playing it since. 

I need to remember to sub the album version of Odd Look for the original version, and I'll be on my way

Also was just thinking about a nice PartyNextDoor collab. 

Last edited:
I really don't think singers collaborating makes much sense most of the time to be honest, especially two males. It could work out spectacularly, or end up being really forgettable.

As long they keep making great music individually, I'm happy.

Meh. Won't know until we hear it. I'd rather have them try than not

In this case, if they made a track centering on being drugged out and faded, having a wild night, I don't see how it would hurt to try

At the end of the day I still go back to playin Professional 20 times in a row before I finally let Kissland run all the way through.
   Song starts off so perfect "it's ideallllll you need someone to tell you how to feelllll" 
frown.gif
 and then he basically describes every girl I know on instagram who get over 200+ plus like and nobody know them in person " so you're somebody nowwwwwww what's a somebody in a nobody town...I don't think you even know itttt" 
pimp.gif

So finally got around to hearing 'Devil May Cry'

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Abel just TOO good and in top form right now.

Can't wait for his next release, though I'm still playing KL heavy...can never have enough new music from this dude.

Ok after two weeks of not bumping this in the truck I put it back on and its like the first time i heard it :pimp:

I think I'm comfortable enough in this thread to share this now. I made it some time ago, but I didn't want to seem like I was spamming the thread.

Wonder how long it'll take before his next project is underway. When I saw him at Radio City, he announced that he's be working on new music in NYC.

4 classics (yes, classics) under his belt already. I had a bit of free time as of late and went through the mixtapes & KL. Gets better with time.

Back
Top Bottom