The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I actually have the one that transitions into Professional from where he did his Jimmy Kimmel performance
pimp.gif
Oh my God I just listened to this alternate version of What you Need on Kimmel 
eek.gif
. Couldn't stop listening. That needs to be made into an MP3.. the transition from What you Need to Professional was just 
eek.gif

yeah, here's the full, proper way he usually does it, he just shortened it for that kimmel performance:

The first 5 seconds of gone gets me so hyped

I still prefer the og one tho
I own Trilogy, but I prefer the OG mixtapes. All the songs sound so much more gritty... and raw.

There's only one song that I prefer the remaster to the OG, and it's The Fall
The mixtape version of Gone is better but I think overall the vocals on the Trilogy version of Thursday sound A LOT better. The OG versions of HOB and EOS are straight though.
It depends on the song to me. I'm still hearing some of the difference because I didn't even listen to Trillogy aside from the new tracks until I copped it with Kissland.

The bass on OG mixtape version of Party & the After Party hits a thousand times harder in the whip, electric guitar clash on the OG High For This was a complete afterthought for years , on the Trilogy version it pops like crazy, now it pretty much defines that track for me. 

I don't know there is something about Devil May Cry that just kinda....ehhh....like i understand its for a movie....and he can't really be in his lane he has to adhere to some stuff...but i feel like its just a generic song. No big notes....not gritty lyrics....maybe because its uplifting :lol: and im not used to that from him. Beat is nice though..and that being said i love Elastic Heart...but that is a combo of Sia and the diplo production with his one guest verse and him belting out some background vocals on the chorus.

DMC on repeat. only at 10 right now, by the end of the day, 100x

dude has an angelic voice. yes bromo.

Back
Top Bottom