The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
while I love his mixtapes, I've been actually listening to kiss land on repeat (song and album)

this album gets better with the more listens. I catch things I haven't before every single time

to me, "adaptation" into "love in the sky" is like his version of frank ocean's "pyramids"...

def my fav part of the album.

"kiss land" wasn't getting too too much listens until i heard it all live.

saw him in durham last month and it was a sick show... that drummer is dope, it seems like he is hitting midi drums...

debating on seeing him with JT next week here in raleigh, but i know it's not gonna be as good.

knew those drums on "belong to the world" were familiar, he sampled them from portishead.

and that police sample in "adaptation" is sick, it's impressive how they get the vocal out of it so well, pitched down, and the drums didn't screw it up.

there's a snippet of it on youtube, but i need the new version of "what you need" he's been doing live the last couple months in it's entirety.

prolly the only chance of getting it is if someone records him doing it during rehearsal.

to me, "adaptation" into "love in the sky" is like his version of frank ocean's "pyramids"...

def my fav part of the album.

"kiss land" wasn't getting too too much listens until i heard it all live.

saw him in durham last month and it was a sick show... that drummer is dope, it seems like he is hitting midi drums...

debating on seeing him with JT next week here in raleigh, but i know it's not gonna be as good.

knew those drums on "belong to the world" were familiar, he sampled them from portishead.

and that police sample in "adaptation" is sick, it's impressive how they get the vocal out of it so well, pitched down, and the drums didn't screw it up.

there's a snippet of it on youtube, but i need the new version of "what you need" he's been doing live the last couple months in it's entirety.

prolly the only chance of getting it is if someone records him doing it during rehearsal.
The attention to detail 
pimp.gif
sick.gif

seriously, how they got most of the other instruments out of this sample, it's impressive... especially when you pitch stuff down, those other sounds would be very prominent...

lots of EQing, filters, reverb, delay, etc...

he must have really wanted to use that sample, cuz it's a lot of work, considering he coulda just resang it and pitched it down himself...

Bought tickets to the Sweden show on 1 March. ( I live in Germany btw)

Snow bunny capital of the world...R&B concert....it's going down.

sick.gif
i live in sweden but think i will hit up cph instead, its usually a better crowd there and not as stuck up as stockholm.

The first 5 seconds of gone gets me so hyped

I still prefer the og one tho

I own Trilogy, but I prefer the OG mixtapes. All the songs sound so much more gritty... and raw.

There's only one song that I prefer the remaster to the OG, and it's The Fall

Last edited:
The first 5 seconds of gone gets me so hyped

I still prefer the og one tho

I own Trilogy, but I prefer the OG mixtapes. All the songs sound so much more gritty... and raw.

There's only one song that I prefer the remaster to the OG, and it's The Fall

The mixtape version of Gone is better but I think overall the vocals on the Trilogy version of Thursday sound A LOT better. The OG versions of HOB and EOS are straight though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom