The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I shouldn't have listened to that Emika song.

I still love Professional unconditionally, but knowing that the sample was barely changed is somewhat of a downer.

Man I love how he samples fairly new artist/songs. and they almost always match the same mood too. So its like finding new good music to listen to...

I shouldn't have listened to that Emika song.

I still love Professional unconditionally, but knowing that the sample was barely changed is somewhat of a downer.

There was no way that he could tamper with it that would make it fit better than it does now, so if it's not broken... You know.

Yeah I know...and like I said it doesn't really take anything away from Professional for me.

It's just that I thought the stuttering vocal sample and the drum patterns were less of a direct sampling.

It's whatever though...just a minor thought.

Yeah I know...and like I said it doesn't really take anything away from Professional for me.

It's just that I thought the stuttering vocal sample and the drum patterns were less of a direct sampling.

It's whatever though...just a minor thought.

Just listened to the sample for the first time, I could see your complaint now :lol:

Son legit barely sped up her vocals, changed the pitch once or twice, and made the "at lovin'" part repeat after she said "we're sophisticated at lovin'"

Not even mad though, he did work over that beat. Shout out to DannyBoi or whatever one of the two main producers for this album's name is.

Last edited:
I dont see anything wrong with that at all.

If anything, I just found a new artist to listen to. 

When The Weeknd does the "Woooo.... I know you'll take me in" on The Town, channeling his inner MJ.

:pimp:

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I just couldn't wait to go BUY an album .
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Love the Japanese anime/Blade Runner influenced art direction for the album, guy just has great taste.

Wow
As such, Kiss Land scans as unintentionally hilarious, a sign that the project is rushing headlong into self-parody and Abel Tesfaye seems to be only one who doesn’t realize it.

Judging from the results, it's as if the Weeknd has traveled the world only for Tesfaye to realize it revolves around him.

The lyrics are often embarrassing, occasionally nonsensical and not worth quoting at length-- just know that "You can meet me in the room where the kisses ain't free/ You gotta pay with your body" is representative.

Point being, steer clear unless you plan to be as high as he is and are ready to indulge in whatever sexual command strikes his fancy. That's the only lesson in Kiss Land, because Tesfaye at least realizes he’s in no position to judge and doesn’t even seek redemption or your understanding.

The whole entire review is written with a condescending tone like the kid who never has been laid and is jealous of some one else's exploits.

Guess they just weren't rocking with it :lol:

The fact that my man kept acknowledging Abel as "they" was an eyesore though, and he even misquoted the line from The Morning, which was funny because he didn't really have a purpose for the quote in the first place.

At the end of the day, he's entitled to his opinion. It just doesn't feel like he was ever much of a fan, or that he did his research, or that he even listened to the album more than once.

Back
Top Bottom