The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pitchfork review reeked of pretentiousness and was very subjective but what else is new with them? I don't like how relevant they are when it comes to choosing what's "in" with music when they proven that most of them don't know **** about music and would rather further their agenda. Trying to slam his subject matter and "persona" when they were quick to hop on his **** for it when HOB dropped :lol:

Feel bad for him though, you can tell he likes critical acclaim.

Pitchfork fronts on almost every artist who gets signed and known after being obscure and unknown. I haven't heard the record yet but I doubt it's as mediocre as they say.

There's no deluxe that just has the 2 bonus tracks without the extra art. There's $40 worth of artwork that comes with the deluxe.

Subjective, I won't judge if you're coppin'. :lol:

Man i did not listen to the Kiss Land track when it first dropped

the second part doeeeeee

My doctor told me to stop
And he gave me something to pop
I mix it up with some Adderall's and I wait to get to the top

:lol:

Finally gave the album a spin and seriously Wanderlust got me feelin

Having The Town and Adaptation play in that order

Last edited:
Wow

As such, Kiss Land scans as unintentionally hilarious, a sign that the project is rushing headlong into self-parody and Abel Tesfaye seems to be only one who doesn’t realize it.

Judging from the results, it's as if the Weeknd has traveled the world only for Tesfaye to realize it revolves around him.

The lyrics are often embarrassing, occasionally nonsensical and not worth quoting at length-- just know that "You can meet me in the room where the kisses ain't free/ You gotta pay with your body" is representative.

Point being, steer clear unless you plan to be as high as he is and are ready to indulge in whatever sexual command strikes his fancy. That's the only lesson in Kiss Land, because Tesfaye at least realizes he’s in no position to judge and doesn’t even seek redemption or your understanding.

The whole entire review is written with a condescending tone like the kid who never has been laid and is jealous of some one else's exploits.

I think it was 100% correct spot on, the rating was generous in my eyes.

Look all you guys clearly love abel, and all the **** he does, and you may personally and subjectively think Kiss Land is his bst work, but you guys have to understand that the original trilogy will always be more highly regarded for simply being innovative disruptive force in the rnb scene.

the original trilogy, especially HOB, will always be more highly regarded, especialy when it comes to critics.

To me it seems clear that Abel is surrounded by yes men, nobody seems to be around to push, especially with some of the weak *** vocals he laid down.

Last edited:
There's no deluxe that just has the 2 bonus tracks without the extra art. There's $40 worth of artwork that comes with the deluxe.

Subjective, I won't judge if you're coppin'. :lol:

Why didn't you tell me sooner?? I would've preordered!!! :lol:

To me it seems clear that Abel is surrounded by yes men, nobody seems to be around to push, especially with some of the weak *** vocals he laid down.

There are fans and there are critics. Not everyone is going to like his music. But, to say he laid out some weak *** vocals is absurd. He was changing pitch, hittin' high notes, and harmonizing like motherf*****. He was weak (vocal wise) on "I'm Good", if you want to compare. But, he went off on that track, effortlessly with the vain talk that we're prone too.

Look man I don't know what to say if you think vocally this is on par with EOS.

so we'll just agree to disagree, I was not impressed.

Last edited:
Bruh, its soooooooooooo painfully obvious that he stepped his vocals up on Kissland. I don't even...

He stepped it up on EOS without a doubt, but that was just a precursor of what was to come.

What I've grown to realize... Is that the Weeknd's music just isn't for everyone. He's a polarizing artist... You either hate it or love it.

I respect the dissenters opinions, but it doesn't sway mines in the slightest. IMO, pitchfork can eat a ****.

I too think that Kiss Land is the best he's ever sounded.

Also, Ian Cohen apparently has a reputation for these pretentious reviews.

I just think people are confusing bigger budgets, better equipment, for better vocals.

anyways this is a waste of time, I think Kiss Land sorta stinks and y'all like it, like I said enjoy it.

Illangelo's "history of man" is very dope, if anybody cares.

I like Trilogy more overall than Kissland but his vocals are better on KL, he showed a lot more range and his harmonizing is better. I do like the melodies on Trilogy more but that has more to do with Trilogy having better chord progressions for him to work with.

I think you're being a prisoner of nostalgia if you think that the vocals on KL aren't on par with his previous work.

Back
Top Bottom