The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
anyone think the illangelo/weeknd beef is over a female? named valerie? :nerd:

i got this vibe from the interview as well. he seemed very off putting and resistant to answer about the break up between them which are signs of vulnerability over a female.

No matter where we rank em, I think it's safe to say that each body of work has held its own and didn't disappoint.

But... Still...

Thursday >

laugh.gif
This.

I know we all have our own opinion(s), but I can't respect someones's on this matter who puts House Of Balloons in last place.

HOB is his worst  least great body of work?

Nah.

I hated the weeknd when I first here's house of balloons. Only like loft music. Had no idea what the heck I was listening to

It grew on me tho. Loved it eventually

NT / KL summit? I'm gonna be in shinjuku/shibuya release day. Might even give away a copy to a lucky girl...

And dont get me started on how many times I dun played the Kissland single...:x

My man Stanley listened to 3.5 days worth of just the Kissland song alone :wow: :lol: :x

Listening to this album has had me having dreams of an ex I haven't even thought about in forever :smh: but :smokin at the same time, it's Abel's music!

Last edited:
Listening to this album has had me having dreams of an ex I haven't even thought about in forever
mean.gif
but
smokin.gif
at the same time, it's Abel's music!
Crag.

I legit had the worst nightmare last night about an ex. No lie man.

I was petrified this morning and honestly embarrassed to admit it. :frown: 

Damn b

Last edited:
My body was no ready for the Professional track. I literally can not skip that song.

Track is insane.. Wish he would've made the first part a seperate intro, but whatever :lol:

" Gettin rich to the drums of your favorite song.. girl, youve got it made " :pimp:

^ just realized I quoted something from the 2nd verse and I cant eem make it past the first before restarting :smh:

Last edited:
"I could have stayed, but I chose the life
Now ill never see your face, but it's ok I adapted anyway"

He knows man, **** :smh::pimp:

This album gets better with each listen.

It really makes me want to change the way I approach making music.

You did many things that I liked, that I liked
And you like diamond rings
I can provide, I can provide for you
You made me feel so good
Before I left on the road
And you deserve your name on a crown, on a throne

:pimp: :pimp:

I'm not really not into all this comparison between Kissland and his old projects that have been out for YEARS but one thing I do find interesting that personally might be telling, I can't NOT play this album front to back without skipping a song. I always play the whole thing all the way through.

Every single on of the original tapes had tracks that took weeks or even months for me to fall in love with, not the case with Kissland. By the 2-3 run through I knew what I had.

:smh:

The Adaptation -> Love in the Sky -> Belong to the World sequence :wow:

Unadulterated sickness due to the reality of his situation, seamless transition to pure imaginative fantasy, right back to reality.

The man is a ******g genius. :smh:

Last edited:
I gotta say, the singles sound way better in the sequence of the whole album.

Like I wasn't feeling Belong To The World but now it's one of my favorite songs on the project.

"I don't know how to drive, I make my driver get high, if he goes under that 110 best believe my driver get fired"

I'm not eeem gon lie I like the weeknd music cuz I don't relate to it at all lmao. I do 0 drugs and don't have $$$ like or be messing with prostitutes/strippers. My love life is pretty simple lol so it's always fun to get away from reality for a bit and hear about some wild I s h

^^^ :lol: :lol: thought I was the only one... I don't smoke, drink or smash prostis... Only thing I relate to is when he's talking about an ex :smh:

Back
Top Bottom