The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I called the number.....there was a beep at the end...can we leave him a message? I'm about to call back

First time I listened I wasnt feelin this project at all but the second time around I was pretty much throwin a concert in da crib :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
am I the only one that isnt impressed with wanderlust remix?

This album still flows and tells a nice story though. Dude is a visionary legend.

I slept on Professional
mean.gif
....that first verse basically sums up how the story will unfold on the album 

am I the only one that isnt impressed with wanderlust remix?

This album still flows and tells a nice story though. Dude is a visionary legend.

It's cool, but its not head above and beyond better than the original.

But now you know the value of a dollar...:pimp:

I listened to the whole thing. It's straight. Previous works were better IMO. I'm sure it will grow on me tho

Lyrically KL > Trilogy

Straight ****** poetry man :smh: :x

Adaptation on repeat btw :smokin
Flow and delivery though to me are what's inferior to anything he's put out previously. I do consider kissland, love in the sky and odd look to be vintage weeknd in terms of epic flow where he just spazzes

The one drawback I have of this album is his overall flow. Lyrically, dude just let it all hang out though for sure

That's how I feel. ^^^ with out a doubt this a great album, but for someone whose usually hip hop centric, if this was his debut I wouldn't particularly looking for much more from him.

As much as I love Kissland, HOB is still his best work in my eyes. As I stated previously I believe it was more to do with the production/mixing from Doc & Illangelo then whoever he is working now. I was excited to see he was working with Jimmy Douglass but I'm not exactly sure what songs he worked on. The production and mixing on Kissland isn't up to par with most of his work on the Trilogy. Lyrically and vocally he is better than he's ever been though.

I don't know if House Of Balloons will ever be topped due to nostalgic reasons.

That's one of the best debuts I've ever experienced, regardless of genre.

Too many memories in the bedroom w/ the lights dim low to that joint. 
mean.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if House Of Balloons will ever be topped due to nostalgic reasons.

That's one of the best debuts I've ever experienced, regardless of genre.

Too many memories in the bedroom w/ the lights dim low to that joint. :smh: :evil: :pimp:

I don't think it'll be topped because it was so new to us and we had no expectations and had never heard anything like it.

:lol: at production mixing....do you have actual speakers? Cause this is amazing production wise.
He's still creating the same essence. This might be his saddest project....just a bit of all 3 tapes mixed into an actual album

I might be in the minority but I actually think every tape in the trilogy was better than the one before. If I had to rank everything including KL it goes

EOS > KL > TH > HOB

For me I could never choose between HOB and Thursday, I've tried & tried but both are just soooo strong & unique in their own way

EOS is easily the weakest tape for me.

My list would be HOB & TH tied at #1
KL #2
EOS #3

For me I could never choose between HOB and Thursday, I've tried & tried but both are just soooo strong & unique in their own way

EOS is easily the weakest tape for me.

My list would be HOB & TH tied at #1
KL #2
EOS #3

All this. Kissland is prolly my fav song on the CD well the second half really wish it was just that part

brah, i dont think one can call themselves a weeknd fan if you cant relate to adaptation.

I mean, it all fits together. we entice em with a HoB, plow em on Thursday, and hear thr EoS when we tell em to kick rocks.

Then the adaptation comes...

It sums up the last few years of college for me so perfect. I'm almost certain I found the one. But I let that all go for the life. Probably the only thing about my life that I can say I truly regret. Don't even remember when I spoke to her last. But it is what it is. I just get spend money I shouldn't, get inebriated a little too often, and have meaningless sex. Rinse. Wash, repeat every weekend.

Last edited:
It sums up the last few years of college for me so perfect. I'm almost certain I found the one. But I let that all go for the life. Probably the only thing about my life that I can say I truly regret. Don't even remember when I spoke to her last. But it is what it is. I just get spend money I shouldn't, get inebriated a little too often, and have meaningless sex. It works.

that feel. that @-ing feel.

and everytime this n release somethin new its like a new @#&- chapter. am i chasin it or is it chasin me

He definitely went to another level lyrically with Kiss Land.

The way I see it... EOS > KL > HOB > Thursday

But all 4 are simply amazing in their own right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom