The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How much y'all thinking he's doing first week? I read Trilogy did 86K first week :smile:eek, wait, what) I think 75-90K.

This man could die tonight and still go down as a legend in my eyes. 
mean.gif

His batting average is GOAT. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
This man could die tonight and still go down as a legend in my eyes. :smh:

His batting average is GOAT. :pimp:

He could've died a year and a half ago and went down as a legend. Don't even know WHAT to call this dude anymore :smh:

We're somewhere between 43-50 solo tracks into his career... and not one of them was bad. I don't even.

some lines that stood out to me for various reasons:

The Weeknd often uses women as metaphors - this hit me during Rolling Stone and I've noticed he does it a LOT. Anyway - in Professional, I'm pretty sure the majority of the song directly relates to himself and how he's making music professionally for the money.

"Now, you've got it made
Getting rich to the drums of your favorite song"

Interesting because his first real single for this album was Belong To The World, which is over the Portishead 'Machine Gun' drums - one of his favorite bands and a major inspiration for the album. One of those lines that sounds good on its own but is more interesting when you think about it.

Then these lines in "Pretty" stood out to me just from how dark they were:

"As long as you know when I land you're mine

And you will never feel so pretty
And you will never feel this beautiful"

:smh: Something about those lines... so controlling and abusive. He's been gone for an entire year (in the story) and she's moved on (living her life, finding another man) but this is still his expectation. She's his possession and she isn't good enough without him. That's beyond the druggy, turning girls out Abel in the Trilogy IMO.

Versus 3 on track kiss land is the weeknd at his best, Reminds me of glass tables girls, real dark and you can feel he's taking you into his realm.

Then these lines in "Pretty" stood out to me just from how dark they were:

"As long as you know when I land you're mine

And you will never feel so pretty
And you will never feel this beautiful"

:smh: Something about those lines... so controlling and abusive. He's been gone for an entire year (in the story) and she's moved on (living her life, finding another man) but this is still his expectation. She's his possession and she isn't good enough without him. That's beyond the druggy, turning girls out Abel in the Trilogy IMO.

I visibly did an :wow: when son said this. Just a whole new level of disrespect and arrogance. My man :pimp:

He's every bit as bad of a person as he was before, he's just not blaming it on drugs anymore.

Random but Pretty would make for the perfect segway into "Outside" from EOS.

I'm not saying he made the record pretty for this purpose, but the story of Pretty goes right into "Outside."

In pretty, he's talking about how she's moved on and found another man because he's been away, but when he comes back, she's all his. Conversely, in "Outside" he talks about how she's shown him all of her other man's moves to him, and that he's going to burn the memory of him out of her head when he screws her.

Just a thought.

didnt really like kissland but i feel like i need to go back and listen to it, i think it deserves that

The Album at it's core, is The Weeknd, taking us on his emotional rollercoaster ride of his life, now that he has achieved status and merit in his career, and balancing his relationship with a woman, who's life has changed as much as his since fame has hit the both of them.

"I'm good" made me nearly cry.
How did he not save this joint for himself?!

With some more work, this joint could be a HIT.
Wayne prob cashed him out plus the exposure he gets from murdering a solo on the intro track of the latest weed plate from Wayne is a good look. D5 got half a million downloads on datpiff alone, comes out a week or two before his debut album drops, a shrewd move for sure. 

Last edited:
How much y'all thinking he's doing first week? I read Trilogy did 86K first week (
eek.gif
, wait, what) I think 75-90K.
Some nobody started feelin' himself
A couple somebodies started killin' themself
A couple albums dropped, those are still on the shelf
I bet them ***** would have popped if I was willin' to help
"

I always wonder if this verse really includes shots at "The Weeknd", cant deny if Drake helped push Trilogy, sales could have easily been doubled. 

I can't get over the second part of Professional.

Mannnn.. Once that beat drops and the whole first verse :smh: :x :x.. I may have to Cut out the first part for the whip

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom