The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At all
laugh.gif

This guy Abel was homeless? Homeless to dropping 3 free mixtapes, getting a deal off those mixtapes, re-releasing them and went gold (each album counts as one unit sold I think as opposed to 500k Trilogy sets sold) to dropping a classic album and touring the world. This dude won so much, brehs.

Can anyone recommend me more Weekend songs like Wanderlust...? Things that are upbeat and have a real catchy hook/bridge..

Really got a chance to sit back and let this joint marinate the last couple of days. Probably ran through the whole album front to back 7-8 times already, it really does get stronger and stronger with each listen. 

It might be more obvious to some of yall but it really takes me a minute to sit back realize what a different direction he went in with this vs the prior tapes. Does he even directly mention drugs besides alcohol on anything besides the title track? The opening half of the album provides such a personal narrative, to me he comes closest to revisiting that vintage weekend sound and subject matter with Kiss Land/John Carpenter before jumping right back to the new formula with Pretty and Tears in the Rain. 

He stepped up every facet of his songwriting on this album. The standard he set previously was sky high but damn he really raised the bar with his lyrics, vocals, delivery etc. 

Amazing album, I really wasn't feeling as strong about it as I am now the first couple of runs through but everything he's ever done besides HOB has taken a little time to really grow on me. 

We're blessed to be able to share this audio pleasure together. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

Can anyone recommend me more Weekend songs like Wanderlust...? Things that are upbeat and have a real catchy hook/bridge..
The songs from his The Noise EP (ex: The Cure, Do It, Material Girl, Rescue Me, etc)
My boy isn't really a fan but stopped me while I was playing Wanderlust in the car and said dude singing sounds straight up like Michael. I've always felt Do It was the song of his his most reminiscent of MJ in the past. 
pimp.gif

just peeped this album, it's pretty solid. he's got some songs where he's sounding like MJ but it's dope. i slept on this for sure :smh:

Back
Top Bottom