The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"Tears in the Rain" :smh:

im glad ive never been in a bad break up or this joint would have me in my feelings.

Ive literally been playing this joint on repeat for 2 days straight, i got it playing on the Xbox right now actually.

I havent truly loved an album like this in a long time. My gawd...

Real life. You start playing the album, literally get stuck on the album.

This is my opinion..

Y'all put HOB on a pedestal because it was the first you heard and was so blown away by it...

Don't get me wrong, there isn't one bad song on it, and IMO all the other albums have 1 or 2 enh tracks.. But the HARD hitting joints on the others give them the edge over HOB for me.

As of right now I'm ranking it: Kiss land > Thursday > EoS > HOB.. All classic

The first 4 tracks on Kiss Land alone is some of the best music I've ever heard. Can't even imagine how much more I'd be in love with it if I hadn't heard the tracks that released before it leaked

Who hell said the production was lacking?? **** sounds like a movie

Was sitting at work earlier listening to Adaptation through my good headphones, I just sat there with a blank face with the song on repeat mind in all kinds of places.

Got a broad coming over tomorrow for a listening session. We gonna get wasted and zone out

If they do a video for live for it will be for the sole purpose of moving units. Which will further embed the idea in people's minds that Drake makes the dude hot.

This is my opinion..

Y'all put HOB on a pedestal because it was the first you heard and was so blown away by it...

Don't get me wrong, there isn't one bad song on it, and IMO all the other albums have 1 or 2 enh tracks.. But the HARD hitting joints on the others give them the edge over HOB for me.

This is outright the case. It's like being high for the first time. This is a problem that plagues most fans of Abel everywhere too. From here to KTT, dudes have immediately surrounded House of Balloons with a wild amount of nostalgia and won't allow most of what he made afterward to compare.

I'd put Thursday on the same level as Kiss Land for me, with House of Balloons and Echoes of Silence just SLIGHTLY lagging behind the two.

This is my opinion..

This is outright the case. It's like being high for the first time. This is a problem that plagues most fans of Abel everywhere too. From here to KTT, dudes have immediately surrounded House of Balloons with a wild amount of nostalgia and won't allow most of what he made afterward to compare.

I'd put Thursday on the same level as Kiss Land for me, with House of Balloons and Echoes of Silence just SLIGHTLY lagging behind the two.
This.

Timeout

I just want to know who said Live For was wack???

Im going thru joint with the house speakers. Amazing.

First time I heard those LitS and BtoW. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Adaptation got me feeling like a ***** man :frown:

On Wanderlust right now. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Not eeem finish with this **** and its already in my top albums of 2013. Good lord

I get HOB was ground breaking but lets not act like anything else is touching it

Party and the after party....
What you need....
Coming down....
The morning...
Etc

Really? Favorite track as well :pimp: :pimp:

I thought they were doing the video for Live For?

Yup if you call that number that was posted in the new Kiss Land trailer, hes thanking the fans and telling us he'll keep us up to date with news on the videos and other stuff.

I get HOB was ground breaking but lets not act like anything else is touching it

Party and the after party....
What you need....
Coming down....
The morning...
Etc

It's indeed as close as anyone has ever come to a perfect project, but it's not the only time he's done that. Son's catalog is filled with 10/10's when graded individually. Let House of Balloons have been his second project and I guarantee that it wouldn't feel so untouchable to everyone. I've been listening to What You Need since January that year (my birthday, the 18th, to be exact :pimp: Best birthday gift that year), and have no problem putting Pretty on the same level as it. Maybe it's just me not letting nostalgia create partiality.

Last edited:
i rock with HOB not because it was the first one but because i had it on repeat during the most memorable moments of my life :lol: my last quarter as an undergrad :pimp:

It's indeed as close as anyone has ever come to a perfect project, but it's not the only time he's done that. Son's catalog is filled with 10/10's when graded individually. Let House of Balloons have been his second project and I guarantee that it wouldn't feel so untouchable to everyone. I've been listening to What You Need since January that year (my birthday, the 18th, to be exact :pimp: Best birthday gift that year), and have no problem putting Pretty on the same level as it. Maybe it's just me not letting nostalgia create partiality.

Fair enough. That's the thing that's great about his music, it connects with people on different levels for different reasons.

For my thought process I think nostalgia should be allowed into the equation. There's a reason people chase the first high, get stuck on their first love, want Jordan's with Nike air on the back etc.

I wouldn't want him to try to mimic that formula for his career either. I truly do appreciate his growth as an artist.

I think the thing I appreciate the most though is there's R&B or a form of that our generation can relate to. It's not simped out ripping white t shirts in the rain.

OAN, I think his music is more or less a reflection of his life. For the sake of his career and life he had to move away from that dark druggy stage cause the 28 rule was looking pretty imminent.

I hated Live For & Belong to the World as singles. I expressed that in here before

But they both just fit in with the album like scenes in a movie. I skipped nothing NOTHING

Man live for is TERRIBLE. Prolly one of the worst songs he ever made. The chorus is unbearable
I totally agree with this man. but listening to the album all the way through, i see how it fits well. still don't like the song though.

besides that, Kiss Land is 
pimp.gif
 my favorite album in a looong time.

HOB is his best work, simply because it flows perfectly and has no bad songs whatsoever. So many different styles in one mixtape and classic songs. Plus the fact that a lot of his best songs are in the mixtape too. For me it goes HOB>>KL>EOS>Thursday. Thursday is so overrated IMO, great mixtape, but no way does it touch any of his other work.

This is my opinion..

The first 4 tracks on Kiss Land alone is some of the best music I've ever heard. Can't even imagine how much more I'd be in love with it if I hadn't heard the tracks that released before it leaked

Who hell said the production was lacking?? **** sounds like a movie

THIS HERE

how are y'all not feeling Live For? I cant stop playing it

This dude cant miss man. The album is a legit 9/10

Honey please!!!!
You never thought you'd ever see my face again
But your love just swayed the lies
When he stared into your eyes
He just might be too good for you
You're almost dead to him
You're sleeping with a frozen heart
Well baby girl it's over now