The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
what a year pharrell had :x

blurred lines
get lucky
this
mchg
had some dope happy joint on his own.

Last edited:
We witnessing one of the greatest writers of our generation god.

***** lyrically took R&B to another dimension. Connecting with this new generation and carving out a new niche only we can relate to.

On 2Chainz single. On Nikki Minaj's single. Azelia's Single. He just came back like he never left.
+ Nelly Single

+ Busta Single

+ Made the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack

+ Produced a good chunk of Miley Cyrus' upcoming Bangerz album

+ Produced multiple joints on upcoming My Name Is My Name from Pusha T

Last edited:
dl'n the leak as i type. I can't wait 8 more days after reading this thread. damn you guys :smh: :lol:

***** lyrically took R&B to another dimension. Connecting with this new generation and carving out a new niche only we can relate to.

Deadass B..

Again... The 2nd verse on the town is some of the best **** I've ever heard

Deadass B..

Again... The 2nd verse on the town is some of the best **** I've ever heard

As of 9/2/2013

Kissland > The Trilogy

As of 9/2/2013

Kissland > The Trilogy
I don't think it even makes any sense to group the trilogy as one...

And I think it's pretty quick to make that sort of statement anyway but it's all opinion...

Me personally I think it's near impossible to surpass House of Balloons just as one "album", but if we're going to group HOB, Thursday and EOS, then I really think you're reaching to call one album greater than the three of those tapes combined. That's just silly. Not to mention we got 3 bonus tracks when the Trilogy released that are each bangers in their own right.

Last edited:
On 2Chainz single. On Nikki Minaj's single. Azelia's Single. He just came back like he never left.

Lets not forget the dispicible me 2 soundtrack....he made that movie really live..

On another note......this album is ****ng crazy...if I can't release a large scale version I will def make something for the NT weeknd supporters...

Yeah. I wouldn't say it's better than the trilogy since I don't count them three parts as one whole.

But Kiss Land definitely fits in well with his catalogue. I've only gotten through one listen, so it's a bit too early for me to say exactly where I rank it amongst its predecessors.

XO til we over dose, still.

Lets not forget the dispicible me 2 soundtrack....he made that movie really live..

On another note......this album is ****ng crazy...if I can't release a large scale version I will def make something for the NT weeknd supporters...

Insert Ben Stiller "Do it" .gif here

Yep, heard 'Wanderlust' first and started Harlem shaking for no reason. Songs like this are the reason The Weeknd will forever get burn in my catalog.

edit: then I get to P's version. Dude knew the song was too hot not to bless. Too smooth. The vibe is nuts. The Year of Pharrell continues.

Last edited:

nthat.gif
 Btw, that 808s c&s you did a while back was dope.

Back
Top Bottom