The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Adaption
The Town
Pretty

He reminds me of a young Michael Jackson, just a darker sounding version.

I'm listening again now.. This time I'm high.. Adaptation is ridiculous.. The transition into Love in the Sky got me listening to it like I havent been listening to it for weeks

I didn't wanna make any comparisons to MJ but on The Town he reminds me of him OD

Last edited:
As per usual... The Weeknd does not disappoint. Sounds like a mature version of the Trilogy. :pimp: Soundtrack to the fall

Wanderlust Remix

Salute the God Pharrell Williams, Salute the God Weeknd.

****** going to live to this **** all fall, I love how he wasn't scared to go in a different direction with the sound.

Crown him :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

****** going to live to this **** all fall, I love how he wasn't scared to go in a different direction with the sound.

I was worried at first because I love Trilogy so much...but man... Kiss Land is that DEAL. I love the sound.

Wanderlust... the original and the remix, man...
mean.gif
sick.gif
nthat.gif

Adaptation.....whew. The Town?! WANDERLUST? Maaaan. This is the soundtrack to the fall & winter for real like y'all said.

And even amidst all the greatness Abel has given us with his major debut, the title track remains my favorite song...

...it's so gloriously cryptic.

You can meet me in the room, but the kisses ain't free...

...this ain't nuthin to relate to.

It's like "World War Z", but all the zombies are women...

...and the underlying theory of "Kiss Land" as an album makes perfect sense, because when you think about it - all of those women are dead already - they're just looking in all the wrong places for something that makes them feel alive.

But then again, as Ns that are used to gettin' ***** on the regular...

...so are we.

HONESTLY I MIGHT BE IN TEARS THIS IS SUCH A GREAT ALBUM.

I CAN TELL HE DID THIS FOR THE SPIRIT OF MICHAEL JACKSON. RIP

SO HAPPY

#TYBG

wanderlust remix got me groovy & ish |I

^in a good way...

this album got me all the feels I've never felt in real life :frown:

I can die happily now :wow:

Last edited:
And even amidst all the greatness Abel has given us with his major debut, the title track remains my favorite song...

...it's so gloriously cryptic.

You can meet me in the room, but the kisses ain't free...

...this ain't nuthin to relate to.

It's like "World War Z", but all the zombies are women...

...and the underlying theory of "Kiss Land" as an album makes perfect sense, because when you think about it - all of those women are dead already - they're just looking in all the wrong places for something that makes them feel alive.

But then again, as Ns that are used to gettin' ***** on the regular...

...so are we.

"When the sun goes down, I know what you become/
You become awaken, like the rest of us"

:wow: :wow:

Listening to The Town right now and there are tons of lyrics to support this too. And here I was, scared that Abel wasn't really trying to talk about anything anymore.

Last edited:
Off first listen, it's a good album. It's not the sound I'm used to so I might need time to adjust to it but I can't call it bad at all. It's definitely cohesive in terms of the atmosphere and for some really strange reason I think of Blade Runner while listening to the album. Lyrically he's gone to a higher level but I feel like he's toned down the bluntness, it's more emotional than anything. Either way it deserves another playthrough so I can grasp everything.

Listened to this high on my second listen last night. I was already in love off the first listen, but mannnnnn that took me on a journey. I felt like I was living his life in the "Kiss Land" world my damn self! :smokin

Oh & Wanderlust is a problem!

You're in love with something bigger than love.. you believe in something stronger than trust.. WANDERLUUUUUUST.. WANDERLUUUUUUUUUUUUUST!

:x

Last edited:
Pretty has that straight young R.Kelly vibe, with a splash of young MJ at the end :x :x :pimp:

Last edited:
Off first listen, it's a good album. It's not the sound I'm used to so I might need time to adjust to it but I can't call it bad at all. It's definitely cohesive in terms of the atmosphere and for some really strange reason I think of Blade Runner while listening to the album. Lyrically he's gone to a higher level but I feel like he's toned down the bluntness, it's more emotional than anything. Either way it deserves another playthrough so I can grasp everything.
pimp.gif
 the album was actually influenced by blade runner.

cool to see how you unintentionally made that connection. wow.

Back
Top Bottom