The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I feel you. I'm tripping low key. His popularity only means more people are starting to realize what we've known for years; dude's got talent.

Kiss Land needs ta hurry up.

Did they really pull down odd look remix? As soon as it was tweeted i downloaded it from youtube...glad i have the audio. Track is honestly amazing. Weird to hear him at that higher register for a whole song.

I told myself i wasn't going to listen to belong to the world a lot......i failed...i can't help it....

look at that smirk on his face on the cover..

he knows exactly what he's doing.
Yea he's trolling us all.

I was expecting the cover to be 2 asian chicks on the front end of a bed as the focal point & Abel just off in the corner somewhere or not in sight at all.

Yes, I was bored one day & came up with that concept
laugh.gif
. It would've been dope tho.

Hopefully he gives us a deluxe with an alternate cover.

the way i see it he's pretty much saying, look at me now *******.. i made it.

"where were you when i needed you 8 months ago."

"bet you miss me now baby, bet you'd kiss me now baby."

"you never thought that i would go this far."

Last edited:
I hope Abel keeps getting more major recognition for his work, dude is one of my favorite artists ever just off the strength and consistent hotness of his work. I'm never worried that he'll put put something lackluster, whoadie could post, "My new song- Infinite booty crack -August 10th", on Twitter and I'd be hype for it. He doesn't fail.

the cover definitely caught me off guard... im not used to seeing him do interviews & be out there like that with album covers (even though the same was done on the trilogy). even more success is on the horizon for him, so im not mad at it at all, but i always took him being mysterious & closed off to go along with his music :lol:

Over time the cover will probably grow on people....to me right now it doesn't seem like it'll embodied what kiss land is , should of just made the cover art of the single for the album cover imo

That cover will never grow on anyone it's a random pic of dude looking like he dgaf. Lol. It's a cover though I never seen such a reaction over a cover. Not here but other sites. Like why do people care. The mixtape covers were pretty cool to me

Last edited:
Come on. I'm a giant weeknd Stan but people call out weak covers all the time.

Apparently his cover was influenced by portisheads dummy cover. Still expected something a lot better tho.

Odd life remix is actually amazing

Over time the cover will probably grow on people....to me right now it doesn't seem like it'll embodied what kiss land is , should of just made the cover art of the single for the album cover imo

This

Come on. I'm a giant weeknd Stan but people call out weak covers all the time.

Apparently his cover was influenced by portisheads dummy cover. Still expected something a lot better tho.

Odd life remix is actually amazing

:wow: Didn't even cross my mind, but I definitely see it.

Okay, at least it's not just uninspired nonsense. Still easily his worst cover for anything yet.

"Odd Look (Remix)" > "Belong To The World"...

Yup. That odd look **** should be his single, I haven't stopped listening to it since it dropped.

And to Blink, I agree with you on missing the whole mystique thing but we all know it wouldn't last with the talent this man has.
The mainstream knows now what they have at hand, just keep that vibe and don't get too poppy is all I ask.

I don't like that Odd Look song. I'm a credit it to Kavinsky tho so Weeknd can remain undefeated :lol:

How? Song got me dancing like micheal in the ol jackson 5 days

and i see the influence i guess....but really just the pictures bar across the cover...

I still think the Kissland cover is kinda dumb...i was hoping for it to be this, or this without The Weeknd written under it

Back
Top Bottom