THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

this season is picking up! Don't understand why Maggie letting Glen pick the spot in the first place..damn, its your house you pick the spot. hehe

this season is picking up! Don't understand why Maggie letting Glen pick the spot in the first place..damn, its your house you pick the spot. hehe

Originally Posted by iceman3699

beggars CAN be choosers

Originally Posted by iceman3699

beggars CAN be choosers

I'm staying out of this thread from now on.
30t6p3b.gif

Really at this point I'm really intrigued by the Army's (or whomever) involvement in all of this.
Darryl is my dude 
pimp.gif
, Boondock Saints steez, brother's keeper. Shoot that boy Rick in the dome 
pimp.gif
, word, do it.

Really at this point I'm really intrigued by the Army's (or whomever) involvement in all of this.
Darryl is my dude 
pimp.gif
, Boondock Saints steez, brother's keeper. Shoot that boy Rick in the dome 
pimp.gif
, word, do it.

I was really expecting this season to move a little quicker in relation to the main story arcs of the comics.

Season One covered a good deal of ground in six episodes, but they are spending way too much time at Herschel's farm and they have yet to get close to introducing the BADDEST character (in so many ways, yes, badder than Daryl dare I say), Michonne!!!

At this rate to cover all the main story arcs it will take 14 seasons...they also need to step it up and give this series a solid 13 episode season...it's ratings are very strong each week.

I was really expecting this season to move a little quicker in relation to the main story arcs of the comics.

Season One covered a good deal of ground in six episodes, but they are spending way too much time at Herschel's farm and they have yet to get close to introducing the BADDEST character (in so many ways, yes, badder than Daryl dare I say), Michonne!!!

At this rate to cover all the main story arcs it will take 14 seasons...they also need to step it up and give this series a solid 13 episode season...it's ratings are very strong each week.

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

I knew it! Doc keeps all of the bit people in the barn so when they find a cure, they might survive...

It so obvious, in the next episode the walkers in the barn gets loose and kills 50% of the posse.
BTW: 2nd season will have 13 episodes. Episode 7 will air November 27th and episode 8 will air February 12th 2012.

Dammit I forgot all about the 2 & 1/2 month pause
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at Andrea sniping the most useful dude in the posse
Good episode

I knew it! Doc keeps all of the bit people in the barn so when they find a cure, they might survive...

It so obvious, in the next episode the walkers in the barn gets loose and kills 50% of the posse.
BTW: 2nd season will have 13 episodes. Episode 7 will air November 27th and episode 8 will air February 12th 2012.

Dammit I forgot all about the 2 & 1/2 month pause
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at Andrea sniping the most useful dude in the posse
Good episode

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by big1236

I hate when they do this.
tired.gif

Anybody know the reason they do this in the first place? I remember when they used to do it with Mad Men. don't know about now tho.....

I would think it's due to the holiday season. Maybe they feel a lot of people will be out of town and traveling during this time period.  I know I'll definitely be bored during this time period when the show goes on a break. It could also be plan to extend the money making and generate more ratings when the show returns.
They're doing this because Mad Men ate up so much of AMC's budget that they had to cut costs on The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. There's a reason this season has been 90% outdoors.

tired.gif

Anybody know the reason they do this in the first place? I remember when they used to do it with Mad Men. don't know about now tho.....

I would think it's due to the holiday season. Maybe they feel a lot of people will be out of town and traveling during this time period.  I know I'll definitely be bored during this time period when the show goes on a break. It could also be plan to extend the money making and generate more ratings when the show returns.
They're doing this because Mad Men ate up so much of AMC's budget that they had to cut costs on The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. There's a reason this season has been 90% outdoors.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

tired.gif

This is also one of the reasons Frank Darabont left or was asked to leave the series.  He was trying to operate the series on a larger budget to fit his visions.  He wanted more walkers and a more cinematic experience, like we had in season one.  I see it in all the new episodes, it just lags.  There isn't the grand vision that the first season had and it is all because AMC did not want to foot the bill to meet Darabont's requests.  I think this decision will prove detrimental if not fatal for the series.

I know Kirkman has his hands all over the series now.  Granted, he is a very good story teller, however he is not a director and has never had any experience producing movies or TV series at that.  I'm hoping Darabont is asked to come back and they invest more in this series, from what I understand it has quickly become their most popular original program.

Seriously, Sophia has been missing for what four episodes now?  How long do you think that is?  A week or more?  Carl has been down the whole time too.  There has been no character development for Carl this whole time.  Shane is coming unhinged and Andrea is turning into a stubborn $&#*!@ and is almost not worth having around any longer if she continues to act this way.  Rick has been stuck in the save everyone rut and has yet to really develop as a character as well.  So, we have Andrea and Shane developing, one losing it and the other hopefully just going through some litmus tests to grow into the person we all hope she can be. 

I just don't know if they can last much longer if they keep this pace.  The only addition I really like is the flashbacks to when it all started to go down, the napalming of Atlanta after it fell was a very nice touch.  I'd really like to see more of that, more apocalyptic drama and scenes to give us an idea of the extent and magnitude of this thing.  I fear they are going to stay on this course of having four to five long drawn out episodes and then have a season denouement.  This series should be full of suspense and horror each episode.  There is so much potential for it to really take off and break ground in television, but I think Kirkman is just in unknown territory and is feeling his way around.  He's definitely a smart dude so I imagine he'll really pick this up and grow as time goes on.  So, I have hope that the next few seasons will be much better one way or another.

And for those of you looking for the comics, you can do to Image Comics' website or just buy them off Amazon.  I recommend buying them in the Book or Volume format until you get caught up to the current issue, which is 90 I think. 

Originally Posted by AR Guy

tired.gif

This is also one of the reasons Frank Darabont left or was asked to leave the series.  He was trying to operate the series on a larger budget to fit his visions.  He wanted more walkers and a more cinematic experience, like we had in season one.  I see it in all the new episodes, it just lags.  There isn't the grand vision that the first season had and it is all because AMC did not want to foot the bill to meet Darabont's requests.  I think this decision will prove detrimental if not fatal for the series.

I know Kirkman has his hands all over the series now.  Granted, he is a very good story teller, however he is not a director and has never had any experience producing movies or TV series at that.  I'm hoping Darabont is asked to come back and they invest more in this series, from what I understand it has quickly become their most popular original program.

Seriously, Sophia has been missing for what four episodes now?  How long do you think that is?  A week or more?  Carl has been down the whole time too.  There has been no character development for Carl this whole time.  Shane is coming unhinged and Andrea is turning into a stubborn $&#*!@ and is almost not worth having around any longer if she continues to act this way.  Rick has been stuck in the save everyone rut and has yet to really develop as a character as well.  So, we have Andrea and Shane developing, one losing it and the other hopefully just going through some litmus tests to grow into the person we all hope she can be. 

I just don't know if they can last much longer if they keep this pace.  The only addition I really like is the flashbacks to when it all started to go down, the napalming of Atlanta after it fell was a very nice touch.  I'd really like to see more of that, more apocalyptic drama and scenes to give us an idea of the extent and magnitude of this thing.  I fear they are going to stay on this course of having four to five long drawn out episodes and then have a season denouement.  This series should be full of suspense and horror each episode.  There is so much potential for it to really take off and break ground in television, but I think Kirkman is just in unknown territory and is feeling his way around.  He's definitely a smart dude so I imagine he'll really pick this up and grow as time goes on.  So, I have hope that the next few seasons will be much better one way or another.

And for those of you looking for the comics, you can do to Image Comics' website or just buy them off Amazon.  I recommend buying them in the Book or Volume format until you get caught up to the current issue, which is 90 I think. 

Originally Posted by TSX24

As long as meryl comes back as governor and Michonne makes her debut this season all of this slow paced drama will be forgotten not to mention ending a episode with a pregnancy test! !$! is this a soap opera?!
Pretty close prediction

Spoiler [+]
Meryl will be found by the governor but this wont take place until next season

As long as meryl comes back as governor and Michonne makes her debut this season all of this slow paced drama will be forgotten not to mention ending a episode with a pregnancy test! !$! is this a soap opera?!
Pretty close prediction

Spoiler [+]

The reason there hasn't been a thread discussing the comic is cuz where they're at in the comic is pretty boring imo.  It's still tense but it's pretty much down time given the physical and mental conditions of certain characters. A lot of fans on other forums think this "arc" isn't the author's best work and it's kinda falling off. So the reason so much spoiler stuff gets mentioned here is cuz ppl who've read the comics are kinda reliving key parts from the comics so it generates some chatter.
Originally Posted by tecca nena

Pretty close prediction

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
So they should at least be on their way to the prison by the time this season ends then right?

The reason there hasn't been a thread discussing the comic is cuz where they're at in the comic is pretty boring imo.  It's still tense but it's pretty much down time given the physical and mental conditions of certain characters. A lot of fans on other forums think this "arc" isn't the author's best work and it's kinda falling off. So the reason so much spoiler stuff gets mentioned here is cuz ppl who've read the comics are kinda reliving key parts from the comics so it generates some chatter.
Originally Posted by tecca nena

Pretty close prediction

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
So they should at least be on their way to the prison by the time this season ends then right?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

What forums do you go to about the comics?

Back
Top Bottom