The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Same response I had. Son wtf was that all about lmao

Lol wut? Im mexican, born and raised in tijuana, anyways....

I'm Mexican, born in Guadalajara and raised in Los Angeles. LA is my home, and will forever be. Grateful for everything this country has given my family and I. No matter what I root for Mexican teams and Mexico in general. Nobody can tell me I'm wrong, that's how I feel.

Thats awesome man!, dads from gdl, moms from monterrey, im from tj, love gdl, visit every year

On to the game, damn that ref, i was right infront when he told the side ref to put his flag down, and akinos foul, damn

Pics i took at the game, panoramic one and the last one of my drunk self and my boys, im on the far left (notice my cups), 4 double beers and thats just 2nd half, still had fun even though we tied

Should we really be expecting Adu in the future??

And Zusi, I still got faith in him. He'll come around

:rofl:
In the past, he has been a creative type of player that the team needs. But I understand what you mean. Things haven't turned out for him as we hoped they would have when he stepped onto the scene for various reasons. We'l see how Brazil treats him.
Zusi doesn't do it for me. Sacha Kljestan. I remember reading an article on the FSC website saying how when he was in his teens, he was cut from teams for being too small. Despite being technically superior to other players and those on his team. Shows the lack of chances in the US and them not knowing what to do with players. Like him and others get pushed out onto the wings. I understand, they can hold the ball and pick a pass. Zusi plays wide comfortably and is good with set pieces.(I'm just remembering that awful corner Gomez took last night :x ). Kljestan is uncomfortable playing wide. Reminds me of Ramsey, a CM that works hard and can pull strings in the middle of the park. But gets put on the wing and it's like lulzwut? I'm trying to remember of a time where we started Altidore upfront with Dempsey and Shea out on the wings. Shea gives us a positive impact, playing in the EPL will def help him grow. Anyone know why wasn't called up Mix Diskerud, like of patriotism or is he not that good? I remember the last couple of games he played for us, he certainly made a difference. As said by Rook, we have some promising players out there.

Lol, stupid mobile site, pics:

imagekkae.jpg

imagehdc.jpg

just posted some videos from a fan in the usmnt thread from after the final whistle

Post them here, i saw a couple of random dudes with usa jerseys but they where al mexicans, i did hear a couple of usa chants right before the whistle, but beer and other "substances" started raining down, got the hell out of there

Arsenal Ready to Cut Their Losses as Galatasaray Offer £12m for Attacker Gervinho
by The Newshound March 27th, 2013

The Daily Express believe Arsenal may be ready to cut their losses and accept a £12m offer from Turkish giants Galatasaray for Gunners attacker Gervinho.

The 25 year old cost the North London club £10.8m when they purchased him from Lille in the summer of 2011 and the Ivory Coast international has failed to make a consistent impact in Arsene Wenger’s starting eleven so could well be considered a player worth cashing in on.

Galatasaray may be keen to bring Gervinho to Istanbul to unite with fellow countrymen Didier Drogba and Emmanuel Eboue and may have been impressed by the Arsenal man’s performances at the 2013 African Nations Cup Finals, which were far more effective to the displays he has put in for his club side.

Gervinho’s last Premier League start came in early December and his last top tier goal came way back in September and as such a bid of this magnitude would surely be one Arsenal will readily consider.

Gervinho has scored a total of ten goals in 57 appearances for Arsenal.

Agents Drogba and Eboue putting in work :nerd:

Andre Santos claims he would be willing to make his loan move from Arsenal to Gremio permanent in the summer.

The Brazilian full-back returned to his homeland in January after struggling to settle in England.

An early-season loss of form convinced Arsene Wenger to let him head out on loan, with Nacho Monreal drafted in as cover during the winter transfer window.

Santos announced on his departure from the Emirates that he intended to return and prove himself to the Gunners faithful.

He has, however, relaxed that stance since returning to familiar surroundings.

The 30-year-old now says that he would welcome the opportunity to remain at Gremio past the end of the season.

Santos told Zero Hora: "I'll do my best to win titles. I have won titles at every club I have played for.

"The staff, board and the players have all made me feel very welcome. There is no doubt that I want to stay."

Chelsea Launch £21m Bid for Prolific Turkish Forward Burak Yilmaz
by Charlie Yaxley March 27th, 2013

Stamford Bridge side fail in their attempt to sign Burak Yilmaz.

Chelsea have had a bid for Galatasaray’s Burak Yilmaz turned down according to talkSport.

The Stamford Bridge reportedly got in touch with the Turkish club to discuss a possible move for the Turkish striker, who has been in impressive form this season after scoring 25 goals in just 31 games.

But Galatasaray only recently signed the player from Trabzonspor last summer and are keen to hold on to the free-scoring striker. Yilmaz’s contract with the Turkish giants currently runs until 2016.

They reportedly knocked back Chelsea’s initial offer of £21 million but it is thought the London club are likely to return with an improved offer.

It is thought Galatasaray are looking for a fee closer to the £33 million mark for Yilmaz, but Russian billionaire and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is thought to be ready to sanction a big money move for a new striker.

Chelsea are in the market for a new striker after finally running out of patience with Spanish striker Fernando Torres.

The misfiring forward has scored just 14 goals in 74 appearances for the club and it appears the Chelsea hierarchy are now prepared to cut their losses on the striker who cost £50 million from Liverpool in 2011.
Man United Set Sights On Talented £10m Belgian as Nemanja Vidic Replacement
by The Newshound March 27th, 2013

Old Trafford side keen on Ajax defender.

Belgian source RTL believes that Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld is seen by Sir Alex Ferguson as a potential long term replacement for Man United defender Nemanja Vidic.

The 24 year old Belgian international may well be tempted by a move join his former team-mates Jan Vertonghen and Thomas Vermaelen in the English top tier and Ferguson may well be especially keen to bring in the Antwerp born defender due to the fact that he can effectively fill both a central defensive and right-back role.

Alderweireld has been at Ajax since the age of 15 and is into fifth season in the Amsterdam side’s first team set-up and has racked up over 170 appearances for the Eredivisie side, collecting back to back domestic titles in the past two seasons.

Given Vidic’s well documented injury concerns and the fact that Rio Ferdinand is in the latter stages of his Man United career it makes good sense for Ferguson to consider making summer additions to beef up his back-line and Alderweireld may be a sensible option to consider.

This source claims that an offer of £10m could be accepted by Ajax.

What exactly were they celebrating though.. I sure as hell wasnt proud of how the NT played.

mexico always whoops our *** at azteca..
last two games we have played there, zero goals allowed.

Do some research on our history playing mexico at Azteca before you say dumb **** like that.

Nobody comes out of Azteca with even a draw. Sure we could have attacked better, but a draw was huge

really hope this wasnt directed towards me... What im saying is we cannot be drawn into thinking playing that way or even a draw is a victory.. maybe its just me but i was thinking our NT would improve from the last WC but instead it looks like we have declined. IF we do make it to the WC i dont see us getting to the knock out stages again

Last edited:
Diaby ruled out for eight to nine months....

Pretzel legs man...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-ruled-out-for-eight-to-nine-months

It's like this dudes season is pre season training then he just takes the premier league off. Seriously dude has missed more games than played. And what's even more interesting is that Arsenal has not cut him. So he must be REALLY talented.

Was supposed to be the next Vieira. Vieira even said Diaby had potential to be better than him. Watching old clips and games, you can see the talent.

His list of injuries

Back
Top Bottom