The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

When it's all said and done, both sides are going to qualify anyway. So whatever.
grin.gif

And people wonder why children of immigrants choose not to support the USMNT. Who wants to sit through 94 minutes of anti-football? Seriously, man. I'm going to bed with a tummy ache tonight. Take your 1 point and put it where your weiner was supposed to be.
You are so cool. So ******g cool.

Good night and be well, friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
US got lucky as hell. First with CR and now Mexico.

Chepo needs to make a phone call. Take Vela out to dinner, strip club, then ask him if he'd like to play for the national team. 

Why the heck dont we play Herrera, Fabian, and Chanton?

And people wonder why children of immigrants choose not to support the USMNT. Who wants to sit through 94 minutes of anti-football? Seriously, man. I'm going to bed with a tummy ache tonight. Take your 1 point and put it where your weiner was supposed to be.

:lol: right subbing in 3 attacking players is really bunkering for 90mins....USA isnt getting majority possession in Mexico bro. You guys had a gripe with the Edu penalty for sure, but other than that y'all didn't finish and thats the story. That performance wasn't inspiring at all for El Tri especially coming off two poor results. Both teams will qualify, likely 1-2. But get outta here acting like we have to attack attack for 90 mins when our lineup didn't consist of the players to play that way :lol:

I guess all the teams going into Spain to play there should attack them as well huh? Sure Finland are feeling like total chumps walking out with a point :rolleyes

That was pretty strange I will admit
We (guatemalans) dont like the mexican national team. Haha the Guatemalan ref screwed mexico of the PK. The mexican team and media act so superior plus They screwed us Guatemala in the 2006 world cup qualifier. All we needed was Trinidad Tobago to tie/lose and Mexico let trinidad beat them 3-0. Trinidad went to the world cup :frown: Even the mexican coach (Lavolpe) said Mexican and Trinidad Concacaf officials told him to lose the game.
Good for the Guatemalan ref...making mex sweat a bit lol

As an argentinian I enjoyed 2006 Maxi and 2010 Tevez handling Mexico in 2006 and 2010 world cups

PS i got mexican cousins..so no hate for actual mexicans just El TRI and mexican media.

Last edited:

Dude what are you taking about England plays the same way...anti fut and bunkering down.
Good for the US to get a point.
US doesnt have the talent just yet to play attacking fut (i.e Barca,Brazil,Argentina)
We will though once Jurgen starts recruiting more peoples from the streets.
I personally like Mexico's style of play but they got better individual players. Right now pretty doesnt matter...qualifying does.

laugh.gif
right subbing in 3 attacking players is really bunkering for 90mins....USA isnt getting majority possession in Mexico bro. You guys had a gripe with the Edu penalty for sure, but other than that y'all didn't finish and thats the story. That performance wasn't inspiring at all for El Tri especially coming off two poor results. Both teams will qualify, likely 1-2. But get outta here acting like we have to attack attack for 90 mins when our lineup didn't consist of the players to play that way
laugh.gif

I guess all the teams going into Spain to play there should attack them as well huh? Sure Finland are feeling like total chumps walking out with a point
eyes.gif
That was the best El Tri has played thus far. No complaints. They bossed the match. But how many white shirts were consistently in their own box? And not one counter was played tonight. At least under Bob, they countered with precision. I was under the impression Klinsmann was going to instill a new brand of football in America. I wanted to believe it like Obama. I was lied to. And I am NOT HAPPY.

Da hell you want a point for dude. Add another draw to your mediocre record? Klins is shook.

Mexico/US is a rivalry. Finland is nowhere near Spain. They are not going to a World Cup. If your coach says "we're not going to defend for 90" then what the hell was that? I don't expect him to be true to his words but a 180 degree lie?

Last edited:
:lol: right subbing in 3 attacking players is really bunkering for 90mins....USA isnt getting majority possession in Mexico bro. You guys had a gripe with the Edu penalty for sure, but other than that y'all didn't finish and thats the story. That performance wasn't inspiring at all for El Tri especially coming off two poor results. Both teams will qualify, likely 1-2. But get outta here acting like we have to attack attack for 90 mins when our lineup didn't consist of the players to play that way :lol:

I guess all the teams going into Spain to play there should attack them as well huh? Sure Finland are feeling like total chumps walking out with a point :rolleyes

That was the best El Tri has played thus far. No complaints. They bossed the match. But how many white shirts were consistently in their own box? And not one counter was played tonight. At least under Bob, they countered with precision. I was under the impression Klinsmann was going to instill a new brand of football in America. I wanted to believe it like Obama. I was lied to. And I am NOT HAPPY.
Da hell you want a point for dude. Add another draw to your mediocre record? Klins is shook.

Mexico/US is a rivalry. Finland is nowhere near Spain. They are not going to a World Cup. If your coach says "we're not going to defend for 90" then what the hell was that? I don't expect him to be true to his words but a 180 degree lie?

Thats true but hey, coaches say a lot of stuff in pressers they don't implement in their tactics....fact of the matter is El Tri hasn't played great at home in 2 matches so far (should've lost to Jamaica), and blew a lead vs Honduras that was inexcusable...Mexico has more attacking talent than the US, we had to play to our strength this match was it the prettiest? no way, but it worked and frustrated the Mexicans. And honestly, not until the end (last 10-15mins) did we load the box up because Mex was pressuring us.

The backline for the US, was superb most of the night (Gonzo, Besler especially) and they did a lot of great work breaking up splitting passes and balls over the top. Salcido and Zavala struggled, Aquino is a lot of hustle but ultimately did nothing, and Omar Bravo is washed up internationally so I dunno why he was subbed in late....That Reyes is gonna be a very good one though. Gio was ok, but disappeared for stretches, Guardado wasn't that effective either. Look Mex has the attacking talent, and they KNOW the US will come into Azteca and defend defend and play strong tactically...El Tri hangs its hat on creativity and attacking and it was subpar tonight. Yes the penalty should've been given but when you are relying on calls from refs at home in WC qualifier against a makeshift US defense, that can't happen.

Mexico will be good tho for qualifying same with us....Chepo had to know we would play that way regardless of what Klinsy says in pressers (and youre right, he did say he would come in trying to change the culture, it;ll take a while however, you can't make dmids attacking players at this level). We could've subbed in Beckerman (I was expecting that for sure) but he went with Shea, EJ, and Davis not defensive minded subs whatsoever.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

GO USA !!!!

Son when Mexico plays better teams they end up doing the same thing. Get out ta here with that bs. Nothing wrong with a less talented team parking the bus

My mom is from Chile, I was born in the US but I root for Germany :lol: .. I bought a Barcelona jersey and showed it to her and her first question was "why Spain :x "

Germans gonna take it in 2014 :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
I sorta want the usa sweater Kilns was rocking...

I just cant wait until we have qaulity guys. Zusi, Herc, etc...they suck. Idc. Sure they're good in the MLS and MX but they suck.

We need more flair in that midfield man. I pray Adu gets busy and gets his groove back in brazil and our younger guys need to start getting looks NOW

Should we really be expecting Adu in the future??

And Zusi, I still got faith in him. He'll come around

We (guatemalans) dont like the mexican national team. Haha the Guatemalan ref screwed mexico of the PK. The mexican team and media act so superior plus They screwed us Guatemala in the 2006 world cup qualifier. All we needed was Trinidad Tobago to tie/lose and Mexico let trinidad beat them 3-0. Trinidad went to the world cup :frown: Even the mexican coach (Lavolpe) said Mexican and Trinidad Concacaf officials told him to lose the game.
Good for the Guatemalan ref...making mex sweat a bit lol

WHAT THE HELL ARE U TALKING ABOUT!?

Show me where and when Lavolpe said officials told him to lose the game.

1. He took an alternate team because he wanted to see who was gonna make the cut for the 23 man roster in the WC. When they played that last 2 games, Mexico was already qualified. He knew who the starters were, and took a B team. Not our fault we did our job and Guatemala didn't.

2. Mexico did not lose 3-0, if I recall correctly we were even up 1-0 with a wonderful chip over the gk by Jaime Lozano. Ended up losing 2-1 (first goal was a clear offside that wasn't called)

3. **** Maxi Rodriguez. That **** still hurts :x

Son when Mexico plays better teams they end up doing the same thing. Get out ta here with that bs. Nothing wrong with a less talented team parking the bus
Are you kidding me dude? Mexico plays the same against Brazil and Argentina. How many classics have those matches brought us? It's not because Mexico parked a bus. Mexico-Holland WC '98? Mexico always plays their style, always! I've never seen them defend for 90 as a tactic.

You must've watched the last Copa America where they used U-20's and couldn't hold possession at all.

Last edited:
Suarez punching Chile's Gonzalo Jara (who also plays for Nottingham Forest - Championship league) yesterday. I swear, this guy doesn't seem to care about his image one bit. :rolleyes

Looks like Ibrahimovic will be able to play Barca next week. Should be a great game. I'm going to enjoy watching him & the PSG side while I can before everyone leaves.

Last edited:
WHAT THE HELL ARE U TALKING ABOUT!?

Show me where and when Lavolpe said officials told him to lose the game.

1. He took an alternate team because he wanted to see who was gonna make the cut for the 23 man roster in the WC. When they played that last 2 games, Mexico was already qualified. He knew who the starters were, and took a B team. Not our fault we did our job and Guatemala didn't.

2. Mexico did not lose 3-0, if I recall correctly we were even up 1-0 with a wonderful chip over the gk by Jaime Lozano. Ended up losing 2-1 (first goal was a clear offside that wasn't called)

3. **** Maxi Rodriguez. That **** still hurts :x

La Volpe Claims Mexico Threw WCQ Game

http://www.laaficion.com/node/23308

México regalo un triunfo a Trinidad?

GUADALAJARA, México.- El ex director técnico de la selección Mexicana, Ricardo Antonio La Volpe se soltó y dejo muchas dudas sobre aquel partido que él dirigió en el 2005 ante Trinidad y Tobago, en el que México ya se encontraba calificado al Mundial de Alemania 2006, mientras que los trinitarios necesitaban de una victoria para aspirar al repechaje, que finalmente los llevaría a la justa mundialista.

El argentino aseguró que la idea era tener la menor cantidad de conflictos posibles. No olvidemos que el presidente de la Concacaf es Jack Warner de origen Trinitario.

"Yo ya sé como pasé una eliminatoria, en la primera fase también se le ganó por primera vez a Trinidad y Tobago, el primer partido, en la primera, no cuando ya estábamos clasificados, que fuimos al ultimo partido para no tener problemas. Diría yo que fuiste justo contra el que hoy maneja la Concacaf, entonces dijimos mira, los menos problemas posibles y andá califícate" señaló el sudamericano.

Ese partido México lo perdió por 2 goles a 1, con dos tantos de Stern John y uno de Jaime Lozano.

El técnico nacional realizó cambios en su alineación titular de cara a ese partido, lo cual es entendible tomando en cuenta que México ya estaba calificado y que quería cuidar a sus jugadores, sin embargo, estas palabras del hoy técnico del Atlas dejan muchas preguntas al aire. México en la era La Volpe terminó siendo cabeza de serie, y aunque no cumplieron con la meta de llegar al famoso quinto partido, sí dejaron muy contento al presidente de Concacaf Jack Warner, quien pudo ver a su selección en la copa del mundo.

Así entonces pareciera que una nueva "mecha" en el fútbol Mexicano se está prendiendo.

Con información del portal "ESPN Deportes".

It was all over the forums too
http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?38130-La-Volpe-Claims-Mexico-Threw-WCQ-Game

Last edited:
Suarez punching Chile's Gonzalo Jara (who also plays for Nottingham Forest - Championship league) yesterday. I swear, this guy doesn't seem to care about his image one bit. :rolleyes

Looks like Ibrahimovic will be able to play Barca next week. Should be a great game. I'm going to enjoy watching him & the PSG side while I can before everyone leaves.

The defender grabbed his private area, This time he was justified in his actions.

so mexico as a country ISN'T superior to guate???

lol

No need to take it there, calm down.

Thanks for clarifying Gex. I shouldn't be surprised about the media but damn at least tell the whole story. I guess since it's Suarez, it's easy to report what he does...

Back
Top Bottom