The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Knew Real Madrid would get Galatasaray - Everything all gifted for them to win it this year :smh:

Knew Real Madrid would get Galatasaray - Everything all gifted for them to win it this year :smh:

Madrid had a very tough draw with Man Utd. And Gala isn't no joke. Everybody keeps sleeping on them.

Juve SHOULD get Bayern. After Celtics, they deserved to be drawn with them.

PSG vs Barca gonna be gooooood. Zlatan misses first leg but they are built for Euro soccer.

BVB better not sleep on Malaga. I can see that upset def.

Overall...I'm stoked Madrid Gala. I wanted to stay far away from Juve/Bayern

Last edited:
I can't wait to watch these matches...

I don't remember seeing it mentioned here at least recently. How's everyone feel about the supposed Qatar Star League?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dream-football-league-qatars-summer-1759818

Bad dream: Why the Qatari football league could have devastating consequences

Ed Malyon discusses why UEFA and FIFA may struggle to deal with Qatar's proposal for a megabucks summer football tournament

It is rare that you read a football story and feel your heart sink.

When your team loses it’s more of a fit of anger or a sighing inevitability, but on reading of Qatar’s plans for a Dream Football League, the emotion was something more. Something deeper.

The prospect of some sort of European Super League is nothing new.

For years fans and journalists have speculated about the possibility while clubs have used it’s spectre as a bargaining chip to lever Champions League expansion, but there has always been a sense that it would never happen. It couldn’t.

“Where would it fit in the schedule?” “Who would play in it?” “How would fans afford it?”

Well, Qatar think they have all the answers – except to the last question, because they couldn’t care less about supporters. Unless they’re draped in merchandise, that is.

A biennial summer tournament comprising 16 regular competitors and eight invitees would showcase to the world that Qatar was ready to become a major player on the world football stage.

The fact that investing billions of pounds into their own football infrastructure would almost certainly providing them with a far more long-lasting football impact is lost on these investors.

Backed by the Qatari royal family, they are intent on providing the world with a footballing circus, but there ain’t much sadder than the tears of a clown.

When you consider that last season Manchester City got prize money of £15million for winning the Premier League, and The Times states the DFL [shudder] would offer up to £175million just to take part, you don’t need to be an economist to work out where clubs’ priorities would lie.

The striking thing about this whole proposal is the threat that it poses to FIFA and UEFA.

In some ways it slyly wriggles in with their current agenda, with prize money a legitimate source for revenue under Financial Fair Play guidelines.

But the sums of money involved would undoubtedly make this competition a focus for competing teams, sidelining UEFA’s shining jewel, the Champions League.

Having got into bed with the Qataris, FIFA and UEFA have just found the gun under their pillow, and the route taken in any confrontation could be enormous for the future of the game with outlawing the DFL threatening to create a rebel situation like cricket experienced with Kerry Packer’s World Series in the 1970s.

It may not be a revolution, and it might be a brave new world, but rather than a dream football league it appears to be the nightmare football has been dreading.

^^^ they said it was just a fabricated rumor for "fun."

Would be interesting to see if it were true.

Mou vs. his past flames (Drogba/Sneijder)
Ibra vs. Barca again. (First leg in Paris, right? So Ibra will play at Camp Nou in the 2nd...)
The other two games should be great as well.

Fine job with this fix...er, draw, UEFA.

When you consider that last season Manchester City got prize money of £15million for winning the Premier League, and The Times states the DFL [shudder] would offer up to £175million just to take part, you don’t need to be an economist to work out where clubs’ priorities would lie.

:x :x :x :wow: :wow:

Last edited:
The plans for the Qatar stars league are supposed to be unveiled next month so we'll see. Damn, those Qataris are no joke. They literally have money to burn for centuries so this would be a walk in the park money wise. Thought it was funny of the writer to use the analogy of FIFA and UEFA getting into bed with Qataris only to find a gun under the pillow. :lol:

That PSG Barca match up should be very interesting....hope Barca takes it though I think its Bayern's yr this time around

All the CF match ups are interesting...

Also looking forward to seeing a Swansea vs Arsenal match this Saturday...

Really good draws for the UCL. I can't wait to watch them. 

PSG/Barca and Bayern/juve gonna be classics.

Rumor is that Wenger is gonna give Szcz and TV5 the axe this summer. I do think that TV won't be captain anymore though.
Ryo is getting surgery on his ankle ligaments. Will go out on loan again most likely.
Afobe is prob gonna get the axe, if not another loan. Frimpong might get the axe too if he can't make an impact on his loan spell. Which is unfortunate because I do like him and Coquelin. I think they have a lot of potential.

Really good draws for the UCL. I can't wait to watch them. 

PSG/Barca and Bayern/juve gonna be classics.

You know, there are some revenge angles with PSG facing Barca... I think Thiago Motta wants another crack at Busquets (from when he was at Inter) because of the Oscar award winning dive by Busquets :lol:. I also read somewhere that Ibrahimovic thinks he was run out of Camp Nou so this game will be interesting...

The Guardian just put this out, for the matches tomorrow

Swansea

Subs from Tremmel, Tate, Dyer, Cornell, Lamah, Monk, Tiendalli, Shechter, Moore

Doubtful Britton (hip), Moore (calf)

Injured Agustien (hip, 30 Mar), Flores (ankle, 30 Mar), Taylor (ankle, 30 Mar)

Suspended None

Form guide LWLWLD

Disciplinary record Y46 R2

Leading scorer Michu 15

Arsenal

Subs from Szczesny, Mannone, Martínez, Yennaris, Squillaci, Vermaelen, Miquel, Diaby, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Gervinho, Arshavin

Doubtful None

Injured Sagna (knee, 30 Mar), Podolski (ankle, 30 Mar), Gibbs (thigh, 30 Mar), Wilshere (foot, 6 Apr)

Suspended None

Form guide LWWWDW

Disciplinary record Y28 R3

Leading scorer Walcott, Cazorla 11

Tottenham

Subs from Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Gallas, Carroll, Livermore, Huddlestone, Holtby, Dempsey, Adebayor

Doubtful Dempsey (calf)

Injured Kaboul (knee, Mar 30), Sandro (knee, Aug)

Suspended None

Form guide LWWWWD

Disciplinary record Y40 R2

Leading scorer Bale 16

Fulham

Subs from Somogyi, Etheridge, Hughes, Baird, Kacaniklic, Emanuelson, Rodallega, Petric

Doubtful None

Injured Diarra (knee, unknown)

Suspended None

Form guide DWDLWL

Disciplinary record Y33 R1

Leading scorer Berbatov 10

You know, there are some revenge angles with PSG facing Barca... I think Thiago Motta wants another crack at Busquets (from when he was at Inter) because of the Oscar award winning dive by Busquets
laugh.gif
. I also read somewhere that Ibrahimovic thinks he was run out of Camp Nou so this game will be interesting...
i totally agree with you. I hope ibra scores at Camp Nou. 

Read on Twitter that Arsenal is targeting Isco as their main priority this summer. Talks already in progress and a 30m bid has been put on the table. This would be big for the Gunners

Child, please. Kroenke just spent $200M+ for the Outdoor Network. No money for midfielders.

Hopefully we'll get Arsene in a deer stand, tho. Bring the long coat.

Last edited:
The new pope is a die hard San Lorenzo fan, y es socio!

My family is from Argentina. Pope Francis is from the same part of Buenos Aires as us (Flores), and we're also die hard San Lorenzo fans so this is huge for us :lol:

You know, there are some revenge angles with PSG facing Barca... I think Thiago Motta wants another crack at Busquets (from when he was at Inter) because of the Oscar award winning dive by Busquets :lol: . I also read somewhere that Ibrahimovic thinks he was run out of Camp Nou so this game will be interesting...
i totally agree with you. I hope ibra scores at Camp Nou. 

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x:x

I hate that dude. I hate him even more for that.

Can't wait for all the WQC. Portugal and USA :smokin

Back
Top Bottom