The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Not sure what it is about Arsenal liking having their backs against the wall before they decide to play as they should, but good job to the team regardless of the end result. They played harder than I expected or hoped, and they almost pulled it off. If only they went into the first leg as prepared :smh:

Hoping to see Barca vs Bayern next round, and get one of them out ASAP.

Houston dynamo getting killed 0-2 through 25 minutes in Torreon. They're gonna have to open up, and try and score a goal... Lets see how many Santos ends up scoring...

Watching the Dynamo play is painful & they're considered top 5 - top 2-3 in the MLS even. That second goal Hercules was due to horrible play from the Dynamo back line & the goalie... If I keep seeing that kind of play o don't think I'll be able to continue watching MLS....

Corinthians vs Tijuana is about to start, this time in Brazil. Hopefully Xolos will get atleast a tie...

doubt it, though...

Watching the Dynamo play is painful & they're considered top 5 - top 2-3 in the MLS even. That second goal Hercules was due to horrible play from the Dynamo back line & the goalie... If I keep seeing that kind of play o don't think I'll be able to continue watching MLS....

Both goals were stupid to me. The first one was off a childish foul inside the box. The second was miscommunication between the CB and the GK...

Not sure what it is about Arsenal liking having their backs against the wall before they decide to play as they should, but good job to the team regardless of the end result. They played harder than I expected or hoped, and they almost pulled it off. If only they went into the first leg as prepared :smh:

Hoping to see Barca vs Bayern next round, and get one of them out ASAP.

LoL haters gonna hate

Dont worry Barca will knock bayern, madrid and the other bums out

LOL at the Madrid fan wanting to play Galat in the qtrs

Try to be unbiased for at least one second. Who had the toughest draw this round? Oh, that's right. I'm okay with any club, even Barca. Seeing as we just beat you twice convincingly. Dortmund would a nice draw for revenge purposes in the group.

Take the blinders off. Bayern is still the favorite. Different squad with Bastian and Ribery.

You obviously know little about Gala if you think they are a walk in the park. Drogba and Sneijder haven't even hit form. Yilmaz is a clinical finisher. Altintop hits screamers from distance. Muslera, Melo, etc.

Robben is the biggest choker ever. I wanna see real-juve, bayern psg, malaga-barca, and dortmund-gala next round

As much as I like barca, any team other than milan will slaughter that defense. Can't see them past the semis

Last edited:
Should have finished the breakaway on the beautiful Muller flick.

Robben shoots too much instead of passing when the moment is right. Complete opposite of LeBron with decision-making. Primary reason he can't crack the starting XI anymore.

LA Galaxy taking care of business 
nthat.gif

You obviously know little about Gala if you think they are a walk in the park. Drogba and Sneijder haven't even hit form. Yilmaz is a clinical finisher. Altintop hits screamers from distance. Muslera, Melo, etc.

This. I'm literally unstoppable with them in Fifa also haha. :pimp:

Btw, I thought Brazil Serie A ran from May-December...Unless im bugging

Robben is the biggest choker ever. I wanna see real-juve, bayern psg, malaga-barca, and dortmund-gala next round

As much as I like barca, any team other than milan will slaughter that defense. Can't see them past the semis

good match ups those would be :pimp:

I would love to see a PSG vs Barca matchup. Or a Real Madrid vs Bayern rematch from last year

Everytime I see Rosiscky play, I wonder why he doesnt start more often. I like the way he recycles possession

Last edited:
Watched the Malaga vs Porto off my DVR & wow....Porto played an ugly game & just the opposite for Malaga. I saw at least 4 yellow cards drawn for Porto & each one of them could've easily been a red. Malaga's Baptista was also robbed of a goal by the ref who said he fouled the goalkeeper which wasn't the case. Got to hand it to Pellegrini & his side, they could've folded in frustration, but they played on. I love how this team plays (or maybe I just like La Liga play overall).... Pereira & his side? :smh:

I really don't see a clear cut favorite to win the Champions League. I thought it might be Bayern Munich, but they didn't look so good vs the Gunners & Neuer has let in some goals that ordinarily he doesn't in the last 2 games (especially against Dusseldorf)...

Having said that I feel good about Barcelona's chances...

Last edited:
Try to be unbiased for at least one second. Who had the toughest draw this round? Oh, that's right. I'm okay with any club, even Barca. Seeing as we just beat you twice convincingly. Dortmund would a nice draw for revenge purposes in the group.

Take the blinders off. Bayern is still the favorite. Different squad with Bastian and Ribery.

Ok dude since Barca won La Liga again. I don't care who your favorite is.

I'm not sleeping on the Turks but in all seriousness most would want to play them, Malaga and PSG next. If you disagree then go to Vegas and put money on Galat, PSG or Malaga to win it all...you will get a great return on your money.

Watched the Malaga vs Porto off my DVR & wow....Porto played an ugly game & just the opposite for Malaga. I saw at least 4 yellow cards drawn for Porto & each one of them could've easily been a red. Malaga's Baptista was also robbed of a goal by the ref who said he fouled the goalkeeper which wasn't the case. Got to hand it to Pellegrini & his side, they could've folded in frustration, but they played on. I love how this team plays (or maybe I just like La Liga play overall).... Pereira & his side? :smh:

I really don't see a clear cut favorite to win the Champions League. I thought it might be Bayern Munich, but they didn't look so good vs the Gunners & Neuer has let in some goals that ordinarily he doesn't in the last 2 games (especially against Dusseldorf)...

Having said that I feel good about Barcelona's chances...

Amen brother

^ Actually, I think all the teams in the quarter finals would be a tough draw. Of the teams you've singled out, they're all playing well. Pellegrini seems to be having his side playing pretty well at the right time. Galatasaray is playing well without Wesley & Drogba hitting their stride yet. Neither of those guys are nursing any injuries or ailments (I think) so that side should be even stronger. PSG is a playing ok maybe even tough also... I know I mentioned EPL teams not being in this stage of the CL, but I didn't mean that as a dig. Just a down year & the luck of the draw I think. Everything goes in cycles.

Barcelona or Real Madrid will win the Champions League - Can quote me on that,

Would love to see Dortmund win it though

Back
Top Bottom