The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Away goals rule is outdated and needs to go. Away matches are not what they used to be when the rule came into existence. The matches are not more exciting like originally intended - the home teams often play more defensively to try to keep a clean sheet, especially in the first leg of a tie. Defense is not what most fans want to see. We want goals baby ha

As a Barca fan I would prefer to draw PSG or Malaga. PSG is not on top form and Ibra is suspended for the first match. Malaga is a familiar opponent with that extra drive (no CL next year) but lacks the talent of the other teams.

I would rank the remaining 8 like this

8. PSG - crawled into the next round, no Ibra first match.. he makes this team go
7. Malaga - less talent than the other squads but extra incentive
6. Gala - hungry squad with proven winners yet to hit top form.. fans are ruthless from what I hear
5. Juve - good squad, solid defense, strikers not up to par with top 4 teams
4. BVB - as much talent as the top 3 but not as experienced
3. Bayern - more experienced than Dortmund
2. Barca - need to figure out the defensive tactics
1. Madrid - running on all cylinders right now

Preferred draw Barca/PSG, Madrid/BVB, Bayern/Juve, Malaga/Gala

Realistic draw Barca/Bayern, Madrid/Malaga, PSG/Juve, BVB/Gala

AS Roma and Nike announce new partnership

AS Roma and Nike have announced a new partnership for Nike to become the club's official apparel and equipment sponsor.
The ten-year agreement will begin at the start of the 2014-15 season.Nike will produce all on-pitch and training product,from the first team to the youth teams,as well as off-pitch product for the players and fans.

'We're proud to partner with AS Roma,a club with great heritage'' said Bert Hoyt,VP GM of Nike Western Europe.
“It’s a club that embodies strong characteristics,is recognized across the world and represents one of Europe's greatest cities.We look forward to developing a successful long-term partnership with them.''

Italo Zanzi,CEO of AS Roma adds, "AS Roma is committed to becoming the premier football club in the world,on and off the field.This partnership is a fundamental step in that mission.Nike's dedication to football excellence and global brand building is aligned perfectly with our objectives.We are extremely excited about our future together."

"We are excited to partner up – said Christoph Winterling,Commercial and Marketing Director of AS Roma - with the biggest sport brand and to become part of Nike's global football club portfolio.During the partnership both parties will develop products and initiatives which will help AS Roma become an even bigger global football brand and to engage with all our fans worldwide".

http://www.asroma.it/en/news/as_roma_and_nike_announce_new_partnership/

:wow:

AS Roma and Nike announce new partnership

AS Roma and Nike have announced a new partnership for Nike to become the club's official apparel and equipment sponsor.
The ten-year agreement will begin at the start of the 2014-15 season.Nike will produce all on-pitch and training product,from the first team to the youth teams,as well as off-pitch product for the players and fans.

'We're proud to partner with AS Roma,a club with great heritage'' said Bert Hoyt,VP GM of Nike Western Europe.
“It’s a club that embodies strong characteristics,is recognized across the world and represents one of Europe's greatest cities.We look forward to developing a successful long-term partnership with them.''

Italo Zanzi,CEO of AS Roma adds, "AS Roma is committed to becoming the premier football club in the world,on and off the field.This partnership is a fundamental step in that mission.Nike's dedication to football excellence and global brand building is aligned perfectly with our objectives.We are extremely excited about our future together."

"We are excited to partner up – said Christoph Winterling,Commercial and Marketing Director of AS Roma - with the biggest sport brand and to become part of Nike's global football club portfolio.During the partnership both parties will develop products and initiatives which will help AS Roma become an even bigger global football brand and to engage with all our fans worldwide".

http://www.asroma.it/en/news/as_roma_and_nike_announce_new_partnership/

:wow:

YES! Copping that Bradley kit. I don't like Kappa haha

YES! Copping that Bradley kit. I don't like Kappa haha
Lets see of he's still there when nike starts to produce their kits...
Por que???

I thought Roma really liked him 
nerd.gif

Good game, inter gave it all they had. Couldn't watch that Chelsea game, got an interview right now at 2:30. Just killing time waiting for them to call me lol

I still don't know how I feel about the rules on away goals in extra time. I mean I get the basis behind home field advantage, but in instances like this Inter-Spurs matchup, inter had 90 mins to get an away goal at White Hart Lane, but Tottenham gets 120 mins to get one at Inter.

Last edited:
I still don't know how I feel about the rules on away goals in extra time. I mean I get the basis behind home field advantage, but in instances like this Inter-Spurs matchup, inter had 90 mins to get an away goal at White Hart Lane, but Tottenham gets 120 mins to get one at Inter.

That away goal shouldn't have counted the way it did since it was in extra time. I totally agree with you...

Just got home...missed the earlier Torres goal...but did see the missed PK. Will judge him solely based on that.

**** off, Torres.

Back
Top Bottom