The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

indifferent.gif
 Conceding 80 seconds after scoring!? 
indifferent.gif

City is in danger. Joe Hart may have =kept them in the CL with a big save on Cavani, but they need to get a goal here. Scintillating stuff here.

What a game in Naples. Lavezzi and Cavani are a dynamic front two. Starting Dzeko over Aguero was questionable to say the least.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

If City lose, they're not out, are they?

No, but they will need Napoli to drop points to a hapless Villareal side on the final match day to go through.

Not calling out all Man United fans, but glad to shut those clowns up who kept saying they had the easiest group and that Benfica is a "minnow" 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Yea, Benfica was outplayed for a good portion of the game, but they still held up in Old Trafford

Aimar
pimp.gif

Artur
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Luisao
pimp.gif

^ I don't know if you have seen many of the games in the group, but most of it has just been incredibly poor United defending, rather than the other teams testing them.

Originally Posted by hugebird

^ I don't know if you have seen many of the games in the group, but most of it has just been incredibly poor United defending, rather than the other teams testing them.

I was just speaking on Benfica. Like I said, United is the better team but it was a poor assumption by some of their fans that they could destroy this "minnow" team (which happens to be the best team in Portugal, tied with Porto) and easily win the group

Well...we GOTTA perform at Basel...smh...simply SHOCKING defending...

Vidic
Cleverley
Welbeck
Rooney

are DESPERATELY needed back...
Basel is never a walk over at home...

Benfica aren't minnows, but they also won't win the CL, but we all know the rest of the group are minnows.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

I don't see United winning !+#+ this season, hope we can sort it out for the next one.

Too early for those words of defeat....
As SAF says...only look at the log around January....

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

I don't see United winning !+#+ this season, hope we can sort it out for the next one.

Too early for those words of defeat....
As SAF says...only look at the log around January....
He better have some plans to improve the midfield in January.

Caught United and City's matches last night.

United: Mistakes by the young guys (Jones/De Gea) in back. Missing a steady presence. Midfield can't create, they rely on Rooney dropping deep when he's there. Yesterday it was almost all reliant on solo runs by Nani/Young/Evra. No bueno.

City: People are ragging on Mancini for his selections (namely leaving Aguero on the bench), but I'd say leaving out Richards and Clichy was more puzzling to me. I expected to see them park the bus, eliminate Napoli's deadly counter-attack, and play for a point with that lineup, but that didn't happen. They had more possession and could have used Richards/Clichy going forward. Can't see them getting through now, with them needing to take down Bayern AND pray that Napoli somehow slips against a really %*+*#@ Villarreal team.

Off today. Looking forward to getting to see Milan/Barca, Arsenal/Dortmund, and Leverkusen/Chelsea.

...and some of Nike's 2012 national team kits have supposedly leaked:

Saw that USMNT kit a week or so ago, didn't like it, starting to grow on me now though...

All those jerseys look like downgrades from the current versions, except for maybe the Slovenia shirt, which largely carried forward the same ideas as last year's.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

All those jerseys look like downgrades from the current versions, except for maybe the Slovenia shirt, which largely carried forward the same ideas as last year's.
30t6p3b.gif
@ changing the US jersey...not that it's bad (and I'll probably pick it up anyways) but the current one is just really good. I guess it was inevitable as you cant keep making jerseys better every year. Hopefully there's another great kit for future tournaments

Back
Top Bottom