The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

i'm sure United are feeling confident of qualifying to the knockout phase but i don't really agree that they have an easy group...

Benfica came second last season but only because Porto was too damn good...
Basle are the Swiss champions and O. Galati won the Romanian league so i think these teams deserves to be respected,don't ya think?

Benfica is a solid side I guess, but come on.  You cannot be serious?  The Romanian league?
roll.gif

It is incomprehensible how easy that draw is for United
When you're Man United, When is it a hard draw?  I mean even if they got the hardest group they would still go through because it's really not that hard to win in group stages for them.
Stop that.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Rumors that Krasić to Chelsea will include Malouda and Alex. It will never happen, but a person can dream.

Also Raul Meireles rumors popping back up again, but I would imagine those are also unfounded, but that would be a dream. I wanted him before Liverpool got him, and with their apparent insistence to play Jordan Henderson no matter what, I would swoop in to take him in a minute.

Yeah I kinda hope it doesn't, we don't need a 34th winger.

Raul Meireles though? Sign me up, he was arguably their best midfielder last year, crazy how they can't give him playing time.

i'm sure United are feeling confident of qualifying to the knockout phase but i don't really agree that they have an easy group...

Basle are the Swiss champions and O. Galati won the Romanian league so i think these teams deserves to be respected,don't ya think?
U srs?

Aquilani on season long loan to AC Milan

"AC Milan has signed Alberto Aquilani from Liverpool on a season-long loan agreement in which the club will have the opportunity to buy him permanently should he play 25 or more games this season"

i feel sorry for 'pool fans...

sike
tongue.gif

Joey Barton signs with QPR.

Good move for a team with little to lose. Now just hope he doesn't get arrested in London.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by hugebird

Rumors that Krasić to Chelsea will include Malouda and Alex. It will never happen, but a person can dream.

Also Raul Meireles rumors popping back up again, but I would imagine those are also unfounded, but that would be a dream. I wanted him before Liverpool got him, and with their apparent insistence to play Jordan Henderson no matter what, I would swoop in to take him in a minute.

Yeah I kinda hope it doesn't, we don't need a 34th winger.

Raul Meireles though? Sign me up, he was arguably their best midfielder last year, crazy how they can't give him playing time.
He can't get playing time because he was injured all preseason. He's now injured again and will be out another 1 to 2 weeks. I don't think the move is happening. 

Originally Posted by tonton32

"AC Milan has signed Alberto Aquilani from Liverpool on a season-long loan agreement in which the club will have the opportunity to buy him permanently should he play 25 or more games this season"

sike
tongue.gif

Why? Ever since he moved to Liverpool he wanted to go back to Italy. If the player wants to go we're not going to hold him hostage ex. Alonso, Torres, Benayoun, etc. 
I wished he would've stayed because I think he has potential but truth is when he played for us he wasn't that good. 

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by tonton32

sike
tongue.gif

Why? Ever since he moved to Liverpool he wanted to go back to Italy. If the player wants to go we're not going to hold him hostage ex. Alonso, Torres, Benayoun, etc. 
I wished he would've stayed because I think he has potential but truth is when he played for us he wasn't that good. 
he played well during the matches i saw in the preseason...and he added a needed offensive threat with his presence on ball.

most, if not all, 'pool fans that i know recognize that he could of been a very useful player for the side this season, should he have got consistent minutes..but at least

you have stevie on his way back from injury.

311mo39.jpg

boots hulks got on today
pimp.gif

Ridic. finish by Cesc... playing like he wants to be there...

And just like that he doubles his Arsenal trophy tally.

another solid performance by barca, and another trophy to go with it what else is new
laugh.gif
this is getting out of hand, they cant dominate europe for another season!

messi did well to assist fabs on that goal, but come on with the extra slurpage again, "nobody closes down an opponent better than messi, and he proved that with his goal"

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Halftime718

With this cup Barcelona have now won more cups (76) than Real Madrid (75)

pimp.gif
 x 76. 

Eat it Madridistas. 

Not exactly Barca's best performance, but I thought it was a lively game. Porto were decent, bit reckless with their challenges, and could have been awarded a penalty in the 80th, but the result was fair. Javier Mascherano is so damn good, and that Leo Messi isn't half bad either. 

Barca reminds me of the Bulls in 97-98. They're so good that people are starting to be like "Okay, we get it. Just let someone else win."

They're so good you feel bad for whoever they're against.

Bold statement: Barcelona will NOT win the Champions League this season. Yeah, I said it.

No team has ever won the CL back to back so it's not really. But I see what you're saying. I don't think they're the favorite because of that reason. That's a lot of extra games with not a lot of rest back to back seasons it's hard. Craig Bellamy returning to Liverpool on a free transfer. We needed a back up option hopefully he'll be good for us.

Neither of those teams could beat Man Utd's sub/reserve squad in group stage, let alone a full roster, and I'm not even boosting.  

Benfica is a solid side I guess, but come on.  You cannot be serious?  The Romanian league?
roll.gif

When you're Man United, When is it a hard draw?  I mean even if they got the hardest group they would still go through because it's really not that hard to win in group stages for them.  
Originally Posted by trey ohh five

U srs?  

Champions' League Group Stage season 2005-2006:
[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Pld[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""][/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]GF[/th][th=""]GA[/th][th=""]GD[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][/tr][tr][td]  Villareal[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]+2[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]  Benfica[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]  Lille[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]−1[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td] Manchester United[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]−1[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][/table]
looking at the other teams,one would probably expect Utd to cruise to the top of that group...
but as you can see,United failed to qualify for the KO phase of the competition that season...their first time in 11 years...
mind you,that season had the attacking talents of Nistelrooy,Rooney and Ronaldo...
anyway like i've said,Utd should be feeling confident but there's no reason to be cocky or complacent about it...

Neither of those teams could beat Man Utd's sub/reserve squad in group stage, let alone a full roster, and I'm not even boosting.  

roll.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

U srs?  

Champions' League Group Stage season 2005-2006:
[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Pld[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]GF[/th][th=""]GA[/th][th=""]GD[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][/tr][tr][td]  Villareal[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]+2[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]  Benfica[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]  Lille[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]−1[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td] Manchester United[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]−1[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][/table]
looking at the other teams,one would probably expect Utd to cruise to the top of that group...
but as you can see,United failed to qualify for the KO phase of the competition that season...their first time in 11 years...
mind you,that season had the attacking talents of Nistelrooy,Rooney and Ronaldo...
anyway like i've said,Utd should be feeling confident but there's no reason to be cocky or complacent about it...

Don't tell me you're comparing Villareal and Benfica to Basel and Galati lol.

Don't tell me you're comparing Villareal and Benfica to Basel and Galati lol.  
i think you didn't get what i was trying to say...but that's cool.

we'll just leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom