The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

CripwalkinK.insidehoops, I agree 100% with what you just said, I've never doubted Chelsea winning any group they be put in, but this time around, it won't be a cakewalk like it was in seasons past when you basically saw the B squad for the second half of the group stage, because the group had already been won at that point. Bayer and Valencia won't go down without fights, as they both feel they are rightful teams for the knockout stage.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

CripwalkinK.insidehoops, I agree 100% with what you just said, I've never doubted Chelsea winning any group they be put in, but this time around, it won't be a cakewalk like it was in seasons past when you basically saw the B squad for the second half of the group stage, because the group had already been won at that point. Bayer and Valencia won't go down without fights, as they both feel they are rightful teams for the knockout stage.

I'm a lot more concerned with Leverkusen than Valencia. I'm still not really that nervous, it would take a huge collapse for us to fall behind in the group stage. It's a tricky draw no doubt but in the end, Chelsea will prevail, there's just too much talent for a team like Valencia or Leverkusen to dethrone us.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Regarding the Nasri comments... 

There was a recent study that showed the decibel levels inside all of the PL stadiums. Arsenal was in 11th with 77 decibels while City was in 13th with 71. Doesn't mean much but I thought it was interesting because of his recent comments. 

Link to the article:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...ier-league-revealed-where-does-your-club-rank
Very interesting and quite meaningful. Would be even more interesting to see it adjusted for stadium capacity. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Regarding the Nasri comments... 

There was a recent study that showed the decibel levels inside all of the PL stadiums. Arsenal was in 11th with 77 decibels while City was in 13th with 71. Doesn't mean much but I thought it was interesting because of his recent comments. 

Link to the article:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...ier-league-revealed-where-does-your-club-rank
Very interesting and quite meaningful. Would be even more interesting to see it adjusted for stadium capacity. 

^First thing I thought when reading it.

Capacity doesn't necessarily equate to noise. A lot of it depends on how a stadium is designed acoustically. Qwest field is the loudest place in the NFL but its middle of the road in terms of size.

Yea capacity doesn't necessarily mean a louder stadium and stadium acoustics are a factor but chances are 60k people are gonna make more noise than 30k people regardless of the variables.

If the list took into account stadium capacity all it would do is even the playing field.

and IDK about Qwest being the loudest place in the NFL, for each time I've heard that, I've also heard they cheat with the noise up there.

We got a tough group, will suck to see my 2 favorite teams (Arsenal & Marseille) go head to head.

I hope they both advance though.
pimp.gif

First of all any so called gooner that was hoping Arsenal would lose yesterday so AW would get fired can suck a fat one, sad that you would want your team to lose. #rant

Anyways apparently Arsenal have made a €35million bid for Eden Hazard, don't want to get my hopes up though.

"Like" the facebook page we will be doing a giveaway soon http://www.facebook.com/LBFutbol
Edit - saw this floating around twitter 

4tkw.png

^That is interesting but I'm not sure it's completely accurate, somebody needs to watch a taping of it cause I don't think it went down like that.

i wonder if some of the mls teams can be high on that decibel list, the seattle sounders have some really loud fans

i'm sure United are feeling confident of qualifying to the knockout phase but i don't really agree that they have an easy group...

Benfica came second last season but only because Porto was too damn good...
Basle are the Swiss champions and O. Galati won the Romanian league so i think these teams deserves to be respected,don't ya think?

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

i'm sure United are feeling confident of qualifying to the knockout phase but i don't really agree that they have an easy group...

Basle are the Swiss champions and O. Galati won the Romanian league so i think these teams deserves to be respected,don't ya think?
Neither of those teams could beat Man Utd's sub/reserve squad in group stage, let alone a full roster, and I'm not even boosting.

Benfica is a solid side I guess, but come on.  You cannot be serious?  The Romanian league?
roll.gif

It is incomprehensible how easy that draw is for United

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Benfica is a solid side I guess, but come on.  You cannot be serious?  The Romanian league?
roll.gif

It is incomprehensible how easy that draw is for United
When you're Man United, When is it a hard draw?  I mean even if they got the hardest group they would still go through because it's really not that hard to win in group stages for them.

Originally Posted by tonton32

^ im glad im not the only person that noticed
roll.gif

fam must of been like "%%# she just say?"
laugh.gif

207m6pc.jpg

stress (Melanie's husband)

Group A, F, D will be interesting

laugh.gif
 Maybe she's just getting him back

Originally Posted by TakedownKid

U.S. 24 man roster is up for Costa Rica friendlies.... WHYYY IS SACHA GETTING A CALL UP? Bradley isn't named on the squad.... http://theoriginalwinger....a-and-belgium-friendlies
Was hoping to see Adu's name on there

Rumors that Krasić to Chelsea will include Malouda and Alex. It will never happen, but a person can dream.

Also Raul Meireles rumors popping back up again, but I would imagine those are also unfounded, but that would be a dream. I wanted him before Liverpool got him, and with their apparent insistence to play Jordan Henderson no matter what, I would swoop in to take him in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom