The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

QPR should have pulled out a draw. Unfortunate how many times they hit the woodwork.

United on the other hand... I don't know what needs to change but this slump we've been in has me worried. Yes we "win" but we're not playing well and haven't been in a couple weeks.

Congrats to Sir Alex.
1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Man, City were getting owned in the air tonight. They are fortunate to walk away with all 3. This game just showed how much they need Kompany. Even though he himself has an occasional slip up, he's obviously on a whole different level from Savic. If they need to pick up anything during the winter break, it's a solid central defender, because they might not be as fortunate to get 3 points if Kompany/Lescott are unable to play the next time.

^ Agreed, Kompany is world-class at this point in his career and right up there with the likes of Vidic and Terry. I always thought it was ideal for City to buy Chiellini from Juve to play LCB paired with Kompany. 
It seems like they may sell Kolo Toure to PSG or even another club. 

RVP keeping up this tear through the league 
pimp.gif
Arsenal still rebounding like I never would have imagined 
pimp.gif

I must say, it is so strange watching Madrid/LaLiga play this early... they're actually playing in daylight!

But hey, money talks and their early kick-off is catering to folks like me... in Asia. Its all about the global game.
No complaints!

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

man mario gomez is a monster i wonder what kind of deals bayern will get offered in january for him

Bayern isn't a selling club anyway, but I'd be shocked if they get offered anything worthwhile. He's a very good player, and the goal tally this season is amazing, but still something short of great. Technical ability is lacking, and the service he gets is ridiculous, especially from Ribery. I'd stop short of calling him a poacher, but he's not too much more than that. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Wild finish to Tottenham-Fulham

Nice win for the Spurs.

I was REALLY hoping RVV would get a goal today... 
30t6p3b.gif

And Adebayor is just waaaay too inconsistent  lately...

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Any reason to why Boateng didn't go to Germany instead?
I think, he knew he wouldn't get any action at Germany...he had the chance to be star at Ghana....

Incredibly entertaining  and chaotic game from Basque Country in horrendous conditions. Barca equalized late thanks to a Messi strike off a Bilbao mistake. I'm annoyed by the draw, but what a damn game. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Incredibly entertaining  and chaotic game from Basque Country in horrendous conditions. Barca equalized late thanks to a Messi strike off a Bilbao mistake. I'm annoyed by the draw, but what a damn game. 

True. Pissed off at ANOTHER draw but the game was exciting as @#$%. I thought the game was over for sure when Iniesta missed at the end

Back
Top Bottom