The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Demps

fabian hurzeler back to germany..smh.

This means very little. Danny Williams, Fabian Johnson, and Jermaine Jones all played official sanctioned matches with Germany's U19s. This is just a camp.

I posted this in the USA thread,

When Hurzeler was first exposed to US fans the general perception was that he was one of the gems of Bayern's youth system. In the year since most have accepted that he's more along the lines of being just another good prospect at a top club in the world.

If he develops into a player good enough for Germany's senior team I'd expect him to play for them anyway.

i managed to track down Prince's nameset and had it printed on Ghana's WC kit...and then a day later he retires
laugh.gif

and i remembered the fallout he had with his brother Jerome about Prince's tackle on Ballack...

^ it's a damn shame and the pettiest @%%@ I've ever heard. I hope they managed to put that behind them.
ohwell.gif

Rooney, again, in the midfield. Interesting to see how this develops over time.
EDIT ~ And Wes Brown scores to give Utd the lead!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

it's not gonna work...
a total waste of Rooney's talents upfront and takes the sting out of the attack everytime Utd moves forward...

Lampsss!!!!

By the way, Van Persie is oficially having the season of his career, hopefully for Arsenal fans' sake he can keep it up and stay healthy.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

it's not gonna work...
a total waste of Rooney's talents upfront and takes the sting out of the attack everytime Utd moves forward...
The thing is, I think it does sometimes work, cuz Rooney is good enough for that role... but like you said, its not utilizing his talents in the best way possible.  
He's playing so deep right now its ridiculous.  Hopefully its just temporary... need time for Jones or some other MF to step-up. 

EDIT ~ Another mediocre performance by Utd.
30t6p3b.gif

Meanwhile... an awful finish by Torres.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

it's not gonna work...
The thing is, I think it does sometimes work, cuz Rooney is good enough for that role... but like you said, its not utilizing his talents in the best way possible.  
He's playing so deep right now its ridiculous.  Hopefully its just temporary... need time for Jones or some other MF to step-up. 

EDIT ~ Another mediocre performance by Utd.
30t6p3b.gif

Meanwhile... an awful finish by Torres.
I never want to see him in the middle again, shows you how poor our midfield is

4 PL wins in a row! I love how this team has responded to the critics. RVP bags another and Kos was immense again today hopefully FFF takes notice and he's rewarded with a first team call up. Good win even though WBA as a team didn't look too threatening most of the game, but 3 points are 3 points.

Now hopefully the Huskies topple the Ducks tonight and today will be the prefect day.

Honestly, even though Chelsea were lackluster, a clean sheet is more important to me right now than a rout. We need to stop conceding stupid goals consistently.

Good win by the Gunners today, finally looking solid on the ball.

Hadn't noticed how good my fantasy team was doing, no players from Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or scum. Feels goodman.

QPR putting pressure early on.

Dzeko to even it up before halftime!!

Not really a good first half but hopefully they step it up the second half. 

Savic is not ready for regular first-team EPL action. He's had an awful game against QPR and luckily Yaya Toure might have redeemed the young Serb.
Newcastle and QPR have both looked good thus far in the campaign. 

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Kevin Prince-Boateng quits Ghana
November 4, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

AC Milan and Ghana midfielder Kevin Prince-Boateng has quit international football in order to focus on his fitness for his club.

kpboatenggoal20100626_275x155.jpg

GettyImagesKevin-Prince Boateng impressed at the World Cup, scoring against USA in the second round

Prince-Boateng, 24, is a former German youth international who was born to a Ghanaian father and German mother. After much controversy, he opted to play for Ghana in time for the 2010 World Cup and starred as the side reached the quarter-finals of the competition.

However, having helped Milan to win the Serie A title in 2010-11, he has now chosen to focus his attentions on his Italian club.

A statement read: ''The Ghana Football Association has received a letter from player Kevin Prince-Boateng on his decision to resign from the senior national team, the Black Stars.

''According to Kevin, the physical demands of playing for both club and country at high levels are taking a toll on his health.

''The player also explained that in order to remain healthy and stay off any injuries, he has consulted his doctors and family over the matter and has decided to take the decision to excuse himself from national duties since he is on a special training that he has to interrupt to honour national invitations.

''The Ghana Football Association is yet to take a position on the decision of Kevin Prince Boateng.''
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Savic is not ready for regular first-team EPL action. He's had an awful game against QPR and luckily Yaya Toure might have redeemed the young Serb.
Newcastle and QPR have both looked good thus far in the campaign. 

Agreed, Savic is a weak defender in the box. And i was very impressed with QPR today.

Back
Top Bottom