The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

It seems like we're never 100% in-control despite what the ball possession % and score tally displays but I'm glad we got the 3 points. Arshavin had a great game and good to see Jack get his first PL goal to seal things up at the end.

(Should have been saying this last week..but whatever) We're top of the league!
pimp.gif

Glad to see Arsenal handle their bizness at a tough Aston Villa. they show glimpses of greatness but the setback(s) ALWAYS seems to come right when they look ready to be a real force.

Glad to see Arsenal handle their bizness at a tough Aston Villa. they show glimpses of greatness but the setback(s) ALWAYS seems to come right when they look ready to be a real force.

Last time he had a great game after he scored that hat trick, he went invisible for months. Now after scoring 5 goals, he might not be seen for the rest of the season.

Last time he had a great game after he scored that hat trick, he went invisible for months. Now after scoring 5 goals, he might not be seen for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

ok lets act like he hasnt achieved whats only been done by 4 other players in the history of the premier league, scored 5 in a match (which is the most in a game btw), and is now the leading scorer in the premier league...not something to be proud of huh? lets not forget, even with rooneys troubles this year and the 'disappearing'  berba united still remain unbeaten in all competitions this season..

so your point may be valid, but is it relevant?

ok lets act like he hasnt achieved whats only been done by 4 other players in the history of the premier league, scored 5 in a match (which is the most in a game btw), and is now the leading scorer in the premier league...not something to be proud of huh? lets not forget, even with rooneys troubles this year and the 'disappearing'  berba united still remain unbeaten in all competitions this season..

Originally Posted by tonton32

It is. I doubt that Man. City are having sleepless nights over being rejected by him. I'm sure that they would rather have a player who scores 1 goal per game than 5 goals in a game every 5 games and doesn't do much in the meantime... As is seen by them putting Adebayor up for sale and he scored a hat trick for them in a Europa League game not too long ago.

Originally Posted by tonton32

It is. I doubt that Man. City are having sleepless nights over being rejected by him. I'm sure that they would rather have a player who scores 1 goal per game than 5 goals in a game every 5 games and doesn't do much in the meantime... As is seen by them putting Adebayor up for sale and he scored a hat trick for them in a Europa League game not too long ago.

Prior to today Berbatov had been playing well for most of the season so far.

Anyone watch Juventus vs. Fiorentina? Juventus wasted a million chances and were unlucky not to win. Perhaps they sign Adebayor in January. Serie A has been exciting so far this season.

Borussia Dortmund continue their Bundesliga dominance.

El Classico is on Monday. I think the two matches these two teams play against each other will be the most important league fixtures this season (out of all the major European leagues). La Liga is strictly a two horse race once again this season and with both teams dominating the rest of the field the league winner will probably be decided by the outcomes of their two head-to-head matches. Mourinho is claiming that his boys will be attacking on Monday but he's made similar claims in the past. It's hard to imagine that another team will come into the Nou Camp and assert their own style on Barca. I think they'll play a disciplined counter-attacking style and let Barca hold onto the ball. I dont think Mourinho has ever won in the Nou Camp.

Prior to today Berbatov had been playing well for most of the season so far.

Anyone watch Juventus vs. Fiorentina? Juventus wasted a million chances and were unlucky not to win. Perhaps they sign Adebayor in January. Serie A has been exciting so far this season.

Borussia Dortmund continue their Bundesliga dominance.

El Classico is on Monday. I think the two matches these two teams play against each other will be the most important league fixtures this season (out of all the major European leagues). La Liga is strictly a two horse race once again this season and with both teams dominating the rest of the field the league winner will probably be decided by the outcomes of their two head-to-head matches. Mourinho is claiming that his boys will be attacking on Monday but he's made similar claims in the past. It's hard to imagine that another team will come into the Nou Camp and assert their own style on Barca. I think they'll play a disciplined counter-attacking style and let Barca hold onto the ball. I dont think Mourinho has ever won in the Nou Camp.

Originally Posted by trunks206

It seems like we're never 100% in-control despite what the ball possession % and score tally displays but I'm glad we got the 3 points. Arshavin had a great game and good to see Jack get his first PL goal to seal things up at the end.

We're top of the league!

happy.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

We're top of the league!

happy.gif

Messi has been on fire since returning from his injury. I think dude has scored in like 12 straight? I like what Batista is trying with Argentina. He's using 2 CM and 1 AM in midfield in hopes that they'll be able to get Messi the ball further up the %$!@#. This cokehead Maradona went with just 1 CM in the 2nd round of the WC and it killed Argentina big time
mad.gif

I'm hoping Barca score first just to see what Mourinho will do tactically. He loves coming up with well thought-out intricate schemes for big matches but it seems like his teams in the past have gotten rattled when they've conceded first.

Messi has been on fire since returning from his injury. I think dude has scored in like 12 straight? I like what Batista is trying with Argentina. He's using 2 CM and 1 AM in midfield in hopes that they'll be able to get Messi the ball further up the %$!@#. This cokehead Maradona went with just 1 CM in the 2nd round of the WC and it killed Argentina big time
mad.gif

I'm hoping Barca score first just to see what Mourinho will do tactically. He loves coming up with well thought-out intricate schemes for big matches but it seems like his teams in the past have gotten rattled when they've conceded first.

Back
Top Bottom