The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by DLo13

I believe once you play for a senior national team in a tournament/cup/qualifier, you're tied.

You can play in a friendlies or for a U-20, U-17, etc. team and still switch.

Jermaine Jones played in three friendlies for Germany before switching to the USA.

USMNT roster for the Gold Cup should be out this afternoon.
Thanks for clarifying it.

Originally Posted by DLo13

I believe once you play for a senior national team in a tournament/cup/qualifier, you're tied.

You can play in a friendlies or for a U-20, U-17, etc. team and still switch.

Jermaine Jones played in three friendlies for Germany before switching to the USA.

USMNT roster for the Gold Cup should be out this afternoon.
Thanks for clarifying it.

Kun has said on his Twitter page that he wants to leave Atletico, doubt they will sell them to Madrid though.

Kun has said on his Twitter page that he wants to leave Atletico, doubt they will sell them to Madrid though.

I can see Aguero ending up at City if they sell Tevez or at Chelsea if they sell Drogba.

I dont see him at Real since it's unlikely Atletico will sell to them and I dont see him as a Mourinho type striker.

As much as I dislike how Ancelotti was treated, Chelsea have to appreciate Abrahamovic's desire to win at all costs. Compare him to the bums that run Arsenal. A 6 year trophy famine and yet Wenger has a guaranteed job for life as club manager.

I can see Aguero ending up at City if they sell Tevez or at Chelsea if they sell Drogba.

I dont see him at Real since it's unlikely Atletico will sell to them and I dont see him as a Mourinho type striker.

As much as I dislike how Ancelotti was treated, Chelsea have to appreciate Abrahamovic's desire to win at all costs. Compare him to the bums that run Arsenal. A 6 year trophy famine and yet Wenger has a guaranteed job for life as club manager.

No idea if this is true or not but fwiw...

laliga_news La Liga News
Real Madrid will make Sergio Lionel Agüero's signing official on Saturday (via Onda Cero).

IMO Real would be better buying someone like a Llorente but CR can fill that role as well I guess. If Jose is asking for him you'd figure he has a plan.

Does this mean Real is gonna unload Benzema? I was reading a few days ago that Fergie was planning to bid on him but you never know with the stories at this time of the year. I think Sneijder should be more of a priority but we'll see.

No idea if this is true or not but fwiw...

laliga_news La Liga News
Real Madrid will make Sergio Lionel Agüero's signing official on Saturday (via Onda Cero).

IMO Real would be better buying someone like a Llorente but CR can fill that role as well I guess. If Jose is asking for him you'd figure he has a plan.

Does this mean Real is gonna unload Benzema? I was reading a few days ago that Fergie was planning to bid on him but you never know with the stories at this time of the year. I think Sneijder should be more of a priority but we'll see.

Arsenal set to sign Ricardo Alvarez.
pimp.gif

Here is to good summer signings.

Shakhtar loading up on more Brazilians in case their current roster gets raided this summer...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

FCShakhtar Donetsk have confirmed the signing of striker Dentinho fromBrazilian club SC Corinthians Paulista for a fee of €7.5m.

The22-year-old will join the Ukrainian champions on a five-year contractat the end of Corinthians' Copa Libertadores campaign. "We've bought aversatile player, who can play in any position in attack," saidShakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu. "Dentinho passed the medical test inDonetsk and signed personal terms. With his former team he'll continueto participate in the Copa Libertadores, but in the summer he'll joinus."

The Brazil Under-20 international came through the youthsystem at Corinthians before going on to score 55 goals in 187appearances for the club, winning the a domestic double in 2009.

Dentinhowill become the eighth Brazilian to ply his trade at Shakhtar, joiningcompatriots Fernandihno, Jadson, Willian, Douglas Costa, Alex Teixeira,Bruno and Luiz Adriano as part of the squad for next season's UEFAChampions League campaign.

Apparently they had Rihanna play their 75th birthday party last week too...

Shakhtar loading up on more Brazilians in case their current roster gets raided this summer...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

FCShakhtar Donetsk have confirmed the signing of striker Dentinho fromBrazilian club SC Corinthians Paulista for a fee of €7.5m.

The22-year-old will join the Ukrainian champions on a five-year contractat the end of Corinthians' Copa Libertadores campaign. "We've bought aversatile player, who can play in any position in attack," saidShakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu. "Dentinho passed the medical test inDonetsk and signed personal terms. With his former team he'll continueto participate in the Copa Libertadores, but in the summer he'll joinus."

The Brazil Under-20 international came through the youthsystem at Corinthians before going on to score 55 goals in 187appearances for the club, winning the a domestic double in 2009.

Dentinhowill become the eighth Brazilian to ply his trade at Shakhtar, joiningcompatriots Fernandihno, Jadson, Willian, Douglas Costa, Alex Teixeira,Bruno and Luiz Adriano as part of the squad for next season's UEFAChampions League campaign.

Apparently they had Rihanna play their 75th birthday party last week too...

Glad to see Ronnie start off well for Flamengo. His form was lacking lately, and those Brazilian fans can be ruthless.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Glad to see Ronnie start off well for Flamengo. His form was lacking lately, and those Brazilian fans can be ruthless.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif
at the Gold Cup roster. 
The Chandler omission is disturbing. Easily top five in quality in the whole US pool plus an opportunity to permanently cap tie him, there's has to be something else going on with that. 

Bornstein wasn't even playing the second half of the season and he still gets selected. 

Damn I'm tired of Bob and his guys.
30t6p3b.gif

Robbie @+$*!+ Rodgers????????????

Adu is the only leap Bob got right.
tired.gif

eyes.gif
at the Gold Cup roster. 
The Chandler omission is disturbing. Easily top five in quality in the whole US pool plus an opportunity to permanently cap tie him, there's has to be something else going on with that. 

Bornstein wasn't even playing the second half of the season and he still gets selected. 

Damn I'm tired of Bob and his guys.
30t6p3b.gif

Robbie @+$*!+ Rodgers????????????

Adu is the only leap Bob got right.
tired.gif

People say Chandler is considering suiting up for the Germans. Bradley said it as well. He hasn't played in a tourney or a qualifier so he could pull a Jermaine Jones on us.

Bradley initially claimed to reporters that his decision to leave Chandler off the roster was due to a “long season,

People say Chandler is considering suiting up for the Germans. Bradley said it as well. He hasn't played in a tourney or a qualifier so he could pull a Jermaine Jones on us.

Bradley initially claimed to reporters that his decision to leave Chandler off the roster was due to a “long season,

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Arsenal set to sign Ricardo Alvarez.
pimp.gif

Here is to good summer signings.

I heard he's as good as signed already, the only reason we are waiting until June is so he will be free.

Back
Top Bottom