The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Arsenal set to sign Ricardo Alvarez.
pimp.gif

Here is to good summer signings.

I heard he's as good as signed already, the only reason we are waiting until June is so he will be free.

Yall are really feeling those new Man City aways?
sick.gif

I hope it's just the lighting but those are lookin all kinds of amateur.

The Man City online store has some decent deals on LS home and aways. I'm bout to cop, just tryin to decide between Silva or Balotelli.

Yall are really feeling those new Man City aways?
sick.gif

I hope it's just the lighting but those are lookin all kinds of amateur.

The Man City online store has some decent deals on LS home and aways. I'm bout to cop, just tryin to decide between Silva or Balotelli.

the future looks bright for United...

United kids win tenth FA Youth Cup

Manchester United's youngsters have continued the club's proud tradition in the FA Youth Cup by beating Sheffield United to win the competition for a record-extending tenth time.

Having drawn the first leg of the final 2-2 at Bramall Lane,United won 4-1 on Monday night to seal a 6-3 aggregate victory and ensure the Old Trafford faithful could witness a second piece of silverware being lifted in as many days.

Ravel Morrison and Will Keane each scored a brace to see off Sheffield United,who reached the end of the road after an outstanding campaign.

Sir Alex Ferguson was in the stands to witness the triumph and must now decide the next career move of a group who look destined for much bigger things.

It might have been a season of unremitting gloom for the Blades at first-team level - Micky Adams' side were relegated to League One - but their youth team squad have been exceptional.

The key for the South Yorkshire outfit will be keeping hold of them,which in the case of Jordan Slew in particular may prove to be difficult.Slew has already made eight first-team appearances and has a couple of England Under-19 caps to his name,a number that seems certain to rise.

The Sheffield-born youngster went close on a couple of occasions before the break,including a dipping,curling shot that had Sam Johnstone scrambling across his goal to watch it to safety.

But United were just too strong for the Blades and,of the current crop,the likes of French import Paul Pogba,Ryan Tunnicliffe,Morrison and Keane have all benn tipped for great things.

After Keane screwed twin brother Michael's cross into his path,Morrison required one touch to control before burying a clinical shot into the bottom corner.

Pegged back twice in last week's first leg,United were in no mood to release their grip on Monday.And after Terry Kennedy had handled a Will Keane header,the rangy striker strode up to send George Long the wrong way.

In a second half that saw the unfortunate departure of the Blades' Harry Maguire on a stretcher,Morrison was first to double his tally.This time,it was sublime in a more orthodox manner as he strode to the edge of the area,crabbed his way across the box,then cut a fantastic shot low into the far corner.

Joe Ironside pulled one back but Keane responded with another to round off the scoring.

the future looks bright for United...

United kids win tenth FA Youth Cup

Manchester United's youngsters have continued the club's proud tradition in the FA Youth Cup by beating Sheffield United to win the competition for a record-extending tenth time.

Having drawn the first leg of the final 2-2 at Bramall Lane,United won 4-1 on Monday night to seal a 6-3 aggregate victory and ensure the Old Trafford faithful could witness a second piece of silverware being lifted in as many days.

Ravel Morrison and Will Keane each scored a brace to see off Sheffield United,who reached the end of the road after an outstanding campaign.

Sir Alex Ferguson was in the stands to witness the triumph and must now decide the next career move of a group who look destined for much bigger things.

It might have been a season of unremitting gloom for the Blades at first-team level - Micky Adams' side were relegated to League One - but their youth team squad have been exceptional.

The key for the South Yorkshire outfit will be keeping hold of them,which in the case of Jordan Slew in particular may prove to be difficult.Slew has already made eight first-team appearances and has a couple of England Under-19 caps to his name,a number that seems certain to rise.

The Sheffield-born youngster went close on a couple of occasions before the break,including a dipping,curling shot that had Sam Johnstone scrambling across his goal to watch it to safety.

But United were just too strong for the Blades and,of the current crop,the likes of French import Paul Pogba,Ryan Tunnicliffe,Morrison and Keane have all benn tipped for great things.

After Keane screwed twin brother Michael's cross into his path,Morrison required one touch to control before burying a clinical shot into the bottom corner.

Pegged back twice in last week's first leg,United were in no mood to release their grip on Monday.And after Terry Kennedy had handled a Will Keane header,the rangy striker strode up to send George Long the wrong way.

In a second half that saw the unfortunate departure of the Blades' Harry Maguire on a stretcher,Morrison was first to double his tally.This time,it was sublime in a more orthodox manner as he strode to the edge of the area,crabbed his way across the box,then cut a fantastic shot low into the far corner.

Joe Ironside pulled one back but Keane responded with another to round off the scoring.

It's looking like it was Chandler's decision not to join the US team for Gold Cup. Nurnberg's preseason begins June 26th and apparently that factored into his decision. 

Not entirely indicative of Chandler jumping ship in hopes of latching on with Germany but still, not the most positive sign that a young player would consciously not want to take part in our regions biggest competiton. 

It's looking like it was Chandler's decision not to join the US team for Gold Cup. Nurnberg's preseason begins June 26th and apparently that factored into his decision. 

Not entirely indicative of Chandler jumping ship in hopes of latching on with Germany but still, not the most positive sign that a young player would consciously not want to take part in our regions biggest competiton. 

Those Man City 'AC Milan' shirts look hot.

Atletico's president came out today and said Aguero is not for sale which roughly translates to "Pay us our 40 million Euro asking price and we'll sell him to you".

Those Man City 'AC Milan' shirts look hot.

Atletico's president came out today and said Aguero is not for sale which roughly translates to "Pay us our 40 million Euro asking price and we'll sell him to you".

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

what is this gary neville testimonial thing?
Gary, as you know, retired.  The testimonial is a match that honors a player... in this case, Gary.  Utd invited Juve (whom him really enjoyed playing against during his career).  They also brought back the golden Class of 92 guys... Beckham, Giggs, Gary, Phil, Butt, Scholes... etc... 
Keepie, were you the one who bought the AON shirt with a #7 Beckham?  I remember saying to myself, "oh, too bad we'll never see that again"... 
laugh.gif

Gary was also seen struggling to catch his breath... and Vidic couldn't stop laughing... 
laugh.gif

6f6d996991f427ab4f22dfd39947f1ce-getty-112767292mr009_manchester_u.jpg

a8ce02b455f6ace2abc5b1997f7c13c3-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

b33cab14f7cc3b638a420af97fe3e81b-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

87131e61853cb943622818cd13d673e6-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

68ef1fa9da832c89f8b82ba5eadece9c-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

Awww...

2fc2bc747494a9007a16c385526ca264-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

de4cabb75a1f8541280687473408160e-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

what is this gary neville testimonial thing?
Gary, as you know, retired.  The testimonial is a match that honors a player... in this case, Gary.  Utd invited Juve (whom him really enjoyed playing against during his career).  They also brought back the golden Class of 92 guys... Beckham, Giggs, Gary, Phil, Butt, Scholes... etc... 
Keepie, were you the one who bought the AON shirt with a #7 Beckham?  I remember saying to myself, "oh, too bad we'll never see that again"... 
laugh.gif

Gary was also seen struggling to catch his breath... and Vidic couldn't stop laughing... 
laugh.gif

6f6d996991f427ab4f22dfd39947f1ce-getty-112767292mr009_manchester_u.jpg

a8ce02b455f6ace2abc5b1997f7c13c3-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

b33cab14f7cc3b638a420af97fe3e81b-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

87131e61853cb943622818cd13d673e6-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

68ef1fa9da832c89f8b82ba5eadece9c-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

Awww...

2fc2bc747494a9007a16c385526ca264-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

de4cabb75a1f8541280687473408160e-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

De Gea to Man Utd virtually completed? What do you guys think about him? I know he is highly rated but I've only seen him play a few times when Atletico played Real and Barca. Will he be able to cope with playing in the PL and CL? I hope mentally he is ready for this move.

This morning I read Tevez to AC could be announced this weekend...not much evidence online as I'm checking now but IF that were to happen does that mean Zlatan would be out of Milan? Mou possibly weighing up the pros and cons of taking him from Barca?

Portuguese papers saying Fabio Coentrao to Madrid will be announced this weekend for 25 million euros, up to 5 mil more in performance incentives. So possibly 1 week after the season, Real may have shelled out 75 mil for Aguero & Coentrao, wow
laugh.gif

De Gea to Man Utd virtually completed? What do you guys think about him? I know he is highly rated but I've only seen him play a few times when Atletico played Real and Barca. Will he be able to cope with playing in the PL and CL? I hope mentally he is ready for this move.

This morning I read Tevez to AC could be announced this weekend...not much evidence online as I'm checking now but IF that were to happen does that mean Zlatan would be out of Milan? Mou possibly weighing up the pros and cons of taking him from Barca?

Portuguese papers saying Fabio Coentrao to Madrid will be announced this weekend for 25 million euros, up to 5 mil more in performance incentives. So possibly 1 week after the season, Real may have shelled out 75 mil for Aguero & Coentrao, wow
laugh.gif

^ haha... no. That would have been too much.
Becks is playing well too... 

EDIT ~ Juve won 2-1, but the night was about Gary.  Funnily enough, there was a lot of attention on Beckham's return to OT... at times more on him than Gary... 

1ca9d79d6570203484247b52c80ec24a-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

^ haha... no. That would have been too much.
Becks is playing well too... 

EDIT ~ Juve won 2-1, but the night was about Gary.  Funnily enough, there was a lot of attention on Beckham's return to OT... at times more on him than Gary... 

1ca9d79d6570203484247b52c80ec24a-getty-fbl-eng-friendly-manutd-juventus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom